talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

How have your January signings settled?

football forum

The title says it all really...

Jeffrey Schlupp - I think there's a good player in him. He's strong, quick, and doesn't tend to lose the ball much. I don't think he has the quality of Andros Townsend, Jason Puncheon or Wilfried Zaha but he could become a good squad player if he keeps working hard. He should be an improvement on Chungy and Sako out wide. Hopefully he doesn't come prone to injurys.

Patrick Van Aanholt - I was very disheartened when we signed him but he seems a lot more hard working than I remembered and you can see what Chelsea saw in him with the glimpses of technique he has shown. He could keep Pape Souare out of the team when (or if) he returns to his best.

Mamadou Sakho - I have given him 8.5/10 in the games he's played. He wins everything in the air, he communicates a lot, he gives 100%, he's composed and nothing gets past him. I hope we have a chance of making this perminant if he remains this focused.

Luka Milivojevic - On paper this seems like a massive signing but with the role he plays it's difficult to notice if he's doing well or not. A bit like Cabaye really. The neutral will probably only hear about him if he produces a ping on MOTD which appearently he is capable of doing.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Wilfred Ndidi - I really, really rate this lad. He does make the odd error (see Hull's goal last week) but I can see him going to a big club in the next few years. No co-incidence that clubs like Dortmund and Juventus were linked with him. He's physically very good, a great tackler, has very good vision, aerially dominant and a cannon shot. He's not Kante but it's the best signing we've made in the last 12 months by a considerable distance. He's not at the level obviously but there's something very Patrick Vieira about him.

Molla Wague - Played most of the game away at Millwall, looked OK I suppose, went off injured with a long-term injury. I expect him to not play for us again. I don't blame the lad but the signing was utterly farcical from our point of view.

• Administrator

Wilfred Ndidi - £15m from Genk
For a 19 year-old lad being thrown in to a relegation battle in the Premier League, he's hit the ground running and has been a bit of a breath of fresh air. Someone raw and unknown performing very well considering the circumstances. He takes games by the scruff of the neck and is not afraid to get stuck in and make his presence felt. Not aggressively but his stature and height gives him a somewhat dominant presence. Two of the things I love about his game is his fearlessness and aerial dominance. His fearlessness in the sense that for a lanky central midfielder, he's not afraid to run at defenders and even better, have a pop at goal. His goal against Derby in the FA Cup was brilliant. His aerial dominance is something I think we have lacked in midfield for a while. I have slightly more faith in attacking and defending set-pieces when he's on the pitch. He's a youngster and still has lots to learn, but he's a player that excites me and definitely can't wait to see how he handles the next season or two.

• Subscriber

He's a very decent header of the ball, not just in the way he wins the headers but he's quite accurate too.

I actually think we've looked quite dangerous from set pieces this past couple of games.

Archived