talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 9-10th December, 2017

football forum

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wingbacks poor. Cahill showing his massive distribution flaws. No intensity within the team. 

Absolutely typical. Only we can make a bottom team look like world beaters. 

Take off Bakayoko for Pedro or Batshuayi. Absolutely no point in having a 3 man midfield now. 

Example today of what pressing high against us at least for periods in the game can cause us a lot problems. West Ham have been very good but the problem with Moyes and them is that they’re likely to retreat more and more as the game goes on. First half they were already too deep at points, haven’t seen a team play that deep at home in a while. West Ham have been good but at the same time we haven’t started playing, very poor from us first half. It’s a game for Pedro this, need his link up play and shooting threat in and around the box.

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Exactly why Hazard won't ever be world class. 

@True Blue 

Hard to say but told you so, only good when we lead and when the entire teams play well. He couldn't carry his bags home.

On to the game we have been pathetic in the first half and the 3-5-2 was terrible today, with an addition that we couldn't pass for shit and even when we attacked we tried going through the middle with basically no one in the box. In the second with a change of formation we looked slightly better with West Ham time wasting when ever the had a change a prime example was that cunt Masuaku. West Ham created nothing apart from the goal and defending with 10 men, also plus the time wasting etc. We were shit not making excuses but i hope to God they go down this season. We are now famous of giving points to teams in shit form, we have Huddersfield next who lost their last four. Fabregas and both of our wing backs were embarrassing, a team with tactics that rely on wingbacks and both were useless. The most worrying part is that we can't pass for shit, after a solid run we shat on it all.

Still mind boggling as to why, out of all positions, we didn't strengthen at wing backs. Mark Fucking Noble ran past Alonso like he wasn't even there! :dam:

Looking back at that Morata attempt, inexcusable. That's benchtable in my honest opinion as that is Sunday league esq. There is no way Batshuayi wouldn't have at least make the Goal Keeper work for that. 

Gave the media what they wanted today, a title race in Manchester. Well done lads. 

5 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Hard to say but told you so, only good when we lead and when the entire teams play well. He couldn't carry his bags home.

On to the game we have been pathetic in the first half and the 3-5-2 was terrible today, with an addition that we couldn't pass for shit and even when we attacked we tried going through the middle with basically no one in the box. In the second with a change of formation we looked slightly better with West Ham time wasting when ever the had a change a prime example was that cunt Masuaku. West Ham created nothing apart from the goal and defending with 10 men, also plus the time wasting etc. We were shit not making excuses but i hope to God they go down this season. We are now famous of giving points to teams in shit form, we have Huddersfield next who lost their last four. Fabregas and both of our wing backs were embarrassing, a team with tactics that rely on wingbacks and both were useless. The most worrying part is that we can't pass for shit, after a solid run we shat on it all.

To be honest, although I agree that Hazard blows hot and cold which will always separate him from the likes of Messi and co, is that when he isn't playing well, neither does the team. 

1 hour ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Fuck you @Cicero @True Blue and @Bluewolf :ph34r:

Now we are under massive pressure this evening

Just a bunch of useless tossers mate.... Guaranteed that if we go to a team struggling at the bottom we are going to bend over and let them give us one up the arse...  Palace as well was another one.. no-one else had trouble turning them over but us.. 

Merry fucking Christmas... 

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Exactly why Hazard won't ever be world class. 

@True Blue 

Or do we rely too much on him?

There's always scapegoats when we don't perform but collectively we were very poor today. Everyone was, tactically we were and performance wise we were. People point to the 15/16 season where Hazard was not performing but the reality was nobody was so don't understand why he gets more stick for that season than others.

What I do know for certain is that when the collective perform that carries certain players in this team and when the collective don't those certain players continue to get away with being average. Nothing's changed since last season. Rather than criticizing Hazard who carried us to the title in Mourinho's second spell (the only player in that season to perform consistently more or less throughout) and who was a significant part in the title win last season, we have those names (we know who)...who are just not very good. This sounds petty coming from a Chelsea fan (given the amount we've won in the last decade) but why aren't we a Bayern Munich, a Barcelona, a Real Madrid? We should be given our resources.

Can someone please please please provide me with a clip that shows a bit quality that Alonso has delivered from that left wing back position. Please? I don't want to see a free kick or a shitty goal against Spurs that Lloris should have saved.

Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson to BBC Sport on what looked like an argument with a fan at full time:

"It wasn't an altercation, the guy was only asking a question. He was asking why Benteke had been told to take the penalty. I was telling him he hadn't. Benteke got hold of the ball. It was a unilateral decision, no one on our team was able to wrest the ball from him. We the management don't expect players to change those decisions, we tried to shout out our instructions, they obviously didn't reach the penalty spot."

That's the final straw for me. Drop him now and flog him to China in January.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived