Real Betis vs Atletico Madrid, 15.15
Levante vs Athletic Bilbao, 17.30
Villarreal vs Barcelona, 19.45

Monday 11th December, 2017
Espanyol vs Girona, 20.00

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Real Madrid-Sevilla is actually a pretty big match, with them being level on points and Madrid are going to be missing Ramos, Varane, Carvajal, Casemiro, Asensio and Bale. Should Seville manage to pull off a win at the Bernabeu, Real Madrid would drop out of the top 4 into 5th place in the La Liga table.

It'll also be interesting to see how Valencia react to the loss last weekend, entertaining Celta Vigo who have been very impressive under Unzue. Will they falter again or will they pick back up ( which you suspect they need to to keep pace with not just Barcelona, but with an Atletico who are finding their form right behind them )

Our match against Villarreal is a tricky one, it's never easy away to Villarreal, but nonetheless I'm expecting a good performance carrying on from the great displays against Valencia and Celta Vigo and hoping for the 3 points after drawing our last two league games. It'll be a big win at one of the toughest grounds to visit in La Liga

26 minutes ago, Stan said:

Well I did not see this coming from Real, or Sevilla! 

Madrid 3 up before half time. 

I could see something like this occuring to Sevilla due to their coach and what’s going on with him. Infact this game was the exact one that this could happen in.

This will benefit Real Madrid massively on a confidence boost scale. It’s what they needed, it’s what any team needs when they’ve been going through what they have.

It’s all building up nicely for El Clásico.

• Administrator

Malaga got their first away win of the season! 

2 penalties - 1 scored and 1 missed by the same player, Borja Baston. The 2nd one was missed but rebound scored by Castro. Great news for Malaga that they can finally push on from here with that away win under their belt. Watched the first half hour of this game and Sociedad spurned several chances. They should have been well ahead before the first penalty was given. 

Villarreal 0-0 Barça after the first half and I have to say that Barça have looked terrible today. After two fantastic performances against Valencia and Celta even though they ended up with draws, today it's been miserable in the first half away to Villarreal. It's all been down to Messi to do it all from create to try and score because Luís Suárez has been absolutely poor and his name sake with the young Denis Suárez has been even worse... If that kid wants to make it at Barcelona, then chances like this where you're selected to start have to be taken like it's going to be your last chance. This was his game to boss the midfield and he's been terrible. 

Let's see what happens in the second period, but unless many things change, a draw will be the most that can be wished for here.  The way things are, a big slice of luck is needed!

Villarreal have been playing well though with Soriano up front latching onto anything played to the flanks. 

This Barcelona team player wise really bores me, apart from Messi, there's only really Busquets that provides class,  I like Umtiti but he's still just a centre back. Watching Rakitic is aids.

If Barcelona continue like this, there's a good chance Villarreal will win this game, Barca are passive and slow at times in the press and Villarreal are intelligent when they have the ball, the direct passes from the home team (because of Barca's poor pressing) is taking out the majority of the Barcelona team. Bakambu's hold up play has also been very good.

Just depends if Villarreal take their chances, the only danger (and it's a big one) for Villarreal is Messi, the result depends solely on whether he produces some magic which he usually does.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

yeah! 

he then booked Bakambu for dissent and sent a Villarreal staff member to the stands.

I took my eye off the moment for a bit because I was attending to phone call but I could've sworn yellows were being brandished.  Must've been that Bakambu yellow. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

I took my eye off the moment for a bit because I was attending to phone call but I could've sworn yellows were being brandished.  Must've been that Bakambu yellow. 

yeah there was only one. The red came out instantly for Raba.

Another point - Alba and Messi's link up play has improved hugely recently. Typified by the goal against Valencia couple weeks ago but twice it's nearly come to fruition again.

As I type that, Suarez scores! So much composure! 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

yeah there was only one. The red came out instantly for Raba.

Another point - Alba and Messi's link up play has improved hugely recently. Typified by the goal against Valencia couple weeks ago but twice it's nearly come to fruition again.

As I type that, Suarez scores! So much composure! 

Yeah, the third man has freed space coupled with the red. All the same this has been poor.

Great example of a change of pace. Slow build up, then Messi ups the tempo about 100mph and they score.

Messi FC. The best in the world, league above Ronaldo. The Ballon D'or is a joke I know but if it actually goes to the best player in the world, it goes to Messi. Every week a class above.

7 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Great example of a change of pace. Slow build up, then Messi ups the tempo about 100mph and they score.

Messi FC. The best in the world, league above Ronaldo. The Ballon D'or is a joke I know but if it actually goes to the best player in the world, it goes to Messi. Every week a class above.

Agree, but what Suárez did in front of the keeper was total class and not every striker can do that. That doesn’t pardon his terrible all round game today, but that was class.

But it is all Messi and this has been a recital of utter greatness from him today.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived