talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Could Bundesliga Lose 4th CL Spot To Ligue 1 in 2019/20?

football forum

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
On 2/3/2018 at 10:06, Dan said:

I'm pretty confident Leipzig will become the 2nd fiddle side in Germany now to Bayern. Grotesque club but from a footballing point of view they're very well run and it'll work for them, I've no doubt.

I'd be willing to bet that they won't, or at least not for a long time. They won't be able to keep their key players and will have trouble replacing them, the owners will not spend hundreds of millions every summer, Rangnick will throw his toys out of the pram sooner or later once things get tougher, and their own youth setup is not all that rosy as it has been made to look. Fully expect them to go the same way Hoffenheim (and partially Wolfsburg) went.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, nudge said:

I'd be willing to bet that they won't, or at least not for a long time. They won't be able to keep their key players and will have trouble replacing them, the owners will not spend hundreds of millions every summer, Rangnick will throw his toys out of the pram sooner or later once things get tougher, and their own youth setup is not all that rosy as it has been made to look. Fully expect them to go the same way Hoffenheim (and partially Wolfsburg) went.

You'll know more on it than me so fair play, I've read a few things about them and it seems a decent set up but time will tell. The question is, if they don't, who will? If anyone?

You top half in Germany is as tight as the bottom half in England.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Dan said:

You'll know more on it than me so fair play, I've read a few things about them and it seems a decent set up but time will tell. The question is, if they don't, who will? If anyone?

You top half in Germany is as tight as the bottom half in England.

Oh it's just a speculation, after all. I might just as well be wrong, I hope I'm not though :ph34r: 

I personally don't see anyone challenging Bayern any time soon, to be honest. The old "traditional" clubs that had good spells at the top of the league in the last two decades all end up the same after a few years and just can't sustain it, and the likes of Hoffenheim, Wolfsburg (and hopefully RB) also suffer from bad management and diminished interest of sponsors/owners/financial backers after a while once the initial hype is gone and there are no trophies to show for. 

Bundesliga would be an extremely tight and unpredictable league without Bayern, haha. I'm not even sure if there's a long-term solution to this, to be fair.

On 2/3/2018 at 03:06, Dan said:

I'm pretty confident Leipzig will become the 2nd fiddle side in Germany now to Bayern. Grotesque club but from a footballing point of view they're very well run and it'll work for them, I've no doubt.

I also expect Red Bull to be in England within five years, and to succeed over here too.

They cannot have another Red bull,  they have been banned to own more then 1 club,  as They had Salzburg plus New York. 

• Subscriber

The same UEFA which allowed both Salzburg and Leipzig compete in the Champions League after ruling that the two have "different and completely independent setups"?... xD UEFA and FIFA both are a fucking joke, and if Red Bull wanted to, they'd find a way to own a club in England and "comply" with their regulations too. I reckon they will once they realise that they are neither going to win the domestic league nor achieve anything worth mentioning in Europe with Leipzig. 

Archived