Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

What are you most proud of in life and why

I've been pondering this recently, if I were to be struck down by a terminal illness, what would I reflect on in my life with any fondness. I instantly ruled out work, fuck if you're proudest moments are at work then you're not enjoying life enough in my humble opinion.

Perhaps bizarrely, my proudest moments are all tinged with a sense of bittersweet achievement. Going to Australia in 2015 on my own after a breakup, getting married to someone I didn't really know and all the traveling I did because of it. It's all made me a much more reflective instead of reactive person. I'm in a good relationship because of it.

I'm fortunate to have good friends I can visit in other countries around the world and that makes me feel proud because I remember what my life was like before that. In 2012 when I signed up to TFF I was living with an ex but basically as a lodger, barely went out and certainly couldn't have envisaged traveling as far I have. The simple act of getting into a certain genre of music drastically changed my life. I'm still a cunt. But I can handle that.

How about you?

100% definitely being a 'GamesMaker' at the London 2012 Olympics. Handing medals out to athletes who had trained a number of years. Being their at the pinnacle of their success be it Gold, Silver or Bronze which they received. The adulation and praise that GamesMakers received before, during and after the Olympics was something I'd never felt before. I have that feeling that I can say 'I was there' on Super Saturday (where GB won shit loads of medals, especially golds). It wasn't just the medal-giving which gave me pride, though. It was meeting and working with new people and maintaining those friendships still to this day. The team I worked with were amazing. Everyone had a positive attitude and everyone together knew how important it was to each other and to the athletes taking part. To say 'I was there' and being in the thick of it while the whole Olympic Games took place gives me the ultimate pride. 

Will dig out some pictures for you all...

Image may contain: 2 people

Image may contain: 7 people

Image may contain: 1 person, standing, ocean and outdoor

The team:

Image may contain: 4 people, people standing and outdoor

• Upvote 2

I'm rather proud at receiving four conditionals and an unconditional offer from some of the top universities in the country. More of a back-up if things go wrong but I'm very proud. Although insignificant to some it proves that I defied the odds and proved the mental health professionals who suggested I'd amount to nothing wrong and worked hard to get this far.

23 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

A medical professional suggested that ''you would amount to nothing?'' - what the fuck xD

Pretty much. Doesn't fill you with much hope. :41_pensive: