• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 12-13th December, 2017

football forum

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

We're well on top here and pressure pays off. Vardy has a shot cleared off the line. The resulting corner from Mahrez sees Fuchs take a volley, blocked and Okazaki is on hand in the right place and right time to tap in from close range. 2-0!

• Administrator

what a fucking win.

best of the season. For about 60-65 we absolutely dominated them and then relaxed a little. First half everything just clicked and Puel's unpopular selections paid off massively. Probably took Southampton by surprise.

At 3-0 at HT, there was shades of a match in 2003 where it was the same half-time scoreline then we lost 4-3. Memories flooding back even worse when Southampton scored so the next goal was crucial and Shinji delivered.

We're on fucking fire. 

• Subscriber

Actually can't believe how we're playing. It's like two years ago.

I didn't have a proper stream all game although the small bits I caught, we could've been over 3 up by half time, put ourselves under a bit of pressure early second half but we killed it with that 4th. Leicester winning 1-4 at somewhere like Southampton doesn't happen often. Gutted I couldn't make it. What a win and all of a sudden things have gotten exciting for us.

• Subscriber

In all seriousness we won ugly tonight but I don't care after 4 years of Martinez and Koeman "having a go" or "being ambitious" or whatever euphemism you want to use for "being tactically inept" and conceding 2 or more goals in every away game.

Looking at our performance at Liverpool and looking at Newcastle's attacking options I was confident we could keep a clean sheet though we were a bit lucky with them hitting the woodwork twice. A short player by player review:

Pickford - now getting the clean sheets he deserves. Looks a bit mental sometimes such as chasing that punch out to left wing but it's yet to cost us.

Kenny - looks every part a first team player to the extent now I'd question throwing a fully fit Coleman straight back in for him.

Williams - rock solid. Credit where credit is due, hopefully he keeps it up because playing like that he'll win the fans back very soon.

Holgate - cool as a cucumber. Looks like John Stones before his head went under Martinez.

Martina - not actually that bad even if Yedlin tended to get the better of him.

Schneiderlin - steady. A step in the right direction.

Gueye - everywhere. Top performance and best he's looked since pre-ACON last year.

Sigurdsson - really looking a key player now. Surprisingly effective in his defensive duties.

Rooney - oozes class on the ball (most of the time). Match winner.

Lennon - got a sort of assist. Perfect player in his position for this team at the moment with his closing and tracking as well as his attacking merit.

Calvert-Lewin - put in another huge shift, not much service most of the game.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived