• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 12-13th December, 2017

football forum

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

What did you think of the disallowed goal? Can't make up my mind.

I think the ref fucked up. I'm obviously biased, but there was no way in hell it intentionally hit his arm. I also don't see how you can book someone for timewasting and then not add the time on at the end... so I don't think he's particularly good at his job.

• Administrator

Only 5 points behind Champions League spots.

Puel working wonders. Nice little gap between us and bottom half. 

Everton doing well considering they were set for relegation about 4 weeks ago xD 

• Administrator
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

I just hope everyone now shuts the fuck up about playing the “Fab Four” all together. :coffee: 

Coutinho and Firmino should have been dropped :ph34r: 

Kept Sunderland up which sent Newcastle down, kept Palace up comfortably as Newcastle struggled to win The Championship, and now recorded a victory over Newcastle with somebody else's team.

Newcastle fans don't want to hear this but Sam Allardyce has had bragging rights over Rafa Benitez for some time now.

The run Newcastle have been on has been rather hideous. When you look at the way Burnley have played you can't blame that all on a lack of investment.

• Administrator
Just now, The Palace Fan said:

All the reason for you to rest your best players this Saturday :)

well Okazaki completed 90 minutes today (shock!) so he's unlikely to play. 

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I just hope everyone now shuts the fuck up about playing the “Fab Four” all together. :coffee: 

I think the biggest concern we have is how often our central midfielders don't turn up. Wijnaldum was consistent last year, even if it was just generally above averages performances. Not the case this time around. Can is a player I can't really rate despite his occasional great performances and the fact that he's obviously got all of the physical attributes to be a success - he's just not consistent. And for as a player with as much ability as he can have, he's too poor too frequently. Henderson's had 1 decent game since August.

It's the most important part of the pitch and in these matches where we're disappointed, we're simply not getting players performing in this vital area.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Got to say though Southampton were abysmal. The amount of space they let us have at times was unbelievable. The defending for the first goal xD

Southampton have got to be one of the worst teams we've faced this season - so I'm not surprised they're similarly poor against you.

• Subscriber
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Southampton have got to be one of the worst teams we've faced this season - so I'm not surprised they're similarly poor against you.

I'm struggling to think of anyone worse. Their fans sounded furious from what I could hear which is understandable.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think the biggest concern we have is how often our central midfielders don't turn up. Wijnaldum was consistent last year, even if it was just generally above averages performances. Not the case this time around. Can is a player I can't really rate despite his occasional great performances and the fact that he's obviously got all of the physical attributes to be a success - he's just not consistent. And for as a player with as much ability as he can have, he's too poor too frequently. Henderson's had 1 decent game since August.

It's the most important part of the pitch and in these matches where we're disappointed, we're simply not getting players performing in this vital area.

Agreed mate. I think Kieta will help when he gets here but then we’ll have to replace Coutinho by then so fuck knows how we’ll turn out. It’s the usual story with us whenever we get a decent squad together. Two steps forward, three steps back, rinse and repeat. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived