talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The 'Little Old Bournemouth' Thread

Simon Francis has signed a new three year contract. I would say hes well out of his depth at this level but hes so efficent when it comes to his main qualities of elbowing others, shirt pulling and tripping opponents he's completely at home there. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I am simply fed up of our inept performances against them every time without fail. Six games against them in the Premier League, five draws, one loss and not a single good performance. They've really got our number.

I do think they avoid a lot of criticism that they should get simply because they are historically a minnow and are managed by a quite likeable character. The contract they gave Defoe is Redknapp-like at best.

I think since the new TV deal has come in, there really aren't many miracles anymore because everyone has money. I think Huddersfield staying up last year is probably more impressive than anything Bournemouth have done.

Eddie Howe needs to do something this Summer because I think they could be candidates for the drop otherwise, I think both Wolves and Fulham will have a good season and with West Ham signing Pellegrini I don't think they'll be many bad sides at the bottom.

• Subscriber

I'll be amazed if the league's as weak as last year. I genuinely think 6th down all had flaws as teams and I think literally any of the bottom half would've been in grave danger most years. So I agree, it'll be stronger.

I think Bournemouth might actually not be a bad shout to drop. Nathan Ake won their player of the month something like 6 months out of 9 last year and that's despite them being quite bad at the back most of the time.

But I always think now with the money teams have it is possible to turn your fortunes around quite quickly if you're clever about how you invest.

7 hours ago, Dan said:

I'll be amazed if the league's as weak as last year. I genuinely think 6th down all had flaws as teams and I think literally any of the bottom half would've been in grave danger most years. So I agree, it'll be stronger.

I think Bournemouth might actually not be a bad shout to drop. Nathan Ake won their player of the month something like 6 months out of 9 last year and that's despite them being quite bad at the back most of the time.

But I always think now with the money teams have it is possible to turn your fortunes around quite quickly if you're clever about how you invest.

I don’t know, despite losing West Brom, Stoke and Swansea there’s still a plethora of shit in the Premier League and again, I’d say it’s three out of anything up to ten, maybe more, sides that have got to be looking over their shoulders this coming year. 

Cardiff, Fulham, Watford, Bournemouth, Brighton, Burnley and Huddersfield are in the gravest danger I’d say and then the likes of Palace, Newcastle, Southampton and even Leicester can’t be certain of survival. 

If any of those sides put a few results together, ala Newcastle this season just finished, they’ll be okay but first and foremost I think safety is paramount for most of the above. 

• Subscriber

I think Huddersfield and Brighton will struggle big time next season. I can see Bournemouth being in that ball park as well but I can also see them reaching that 'Stoke' sort of shite where you've always got a just about decent enough turnover of Premier League journeymen and top six rejects to stay above the revolving door of ill-equipped newbies and teams suffering from second season syndrome or employing Alan Pardew in the bottom six.

8 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I think Huddersfield and Brighton will struggle big time next season. I can see Bournemouth being in that ball park as well but I can also see them reaching that 'Stoke' sort of shite where you've always got a just about decent enough turnover of Premier League journeymen and top six rejects to stay above the revolving door of ill-equipped newbies and teams suffering from second season syndrome or employing Alan Pardew in the bottom six.

Yeah Brighton could be in for it, I just don't see Hughton lasting at this level. I'd love to be proven wrong but I can see another Norwich happening.

I think Cardiff, Huddersfield, Southampton and Brighton are all odds on to be fighting relegation.

I think Burnley will improve/maintain their current position/performances, Dyche seems a very competent manager and a man with a plan. West Ham I can see improving under Pellegrini, think the likes of Hernandez, Lanzini and Mario (if they sign him) would do much better under him.

Newcastle I think will remain in a similar position this season unless they can strengthen, don't see them dropping back down.

I think Watford will be midtable, Jekyll and Hyde type performance throughout the season to see them beat off relegation.

Archived