talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What Really Grinds My Gears?

football forum

• Administrator

I'll tell you what really grinds my gears ... and I've experienced this at places of employment and my girlfriend is currently, it's people who hide behind bullshit like "there's a perception you're [insert emotive statement]"

No. There isn't. It's your passive aggressive shite. If you have a problem, say so. It's just a way to absolve yourself of responsibility of your own biases and subjective opinions. 

9E2F9058-D582-4545-BBC9-E5BACEA378DA-779-00000095F6C92717_tmp.png

Fake people, hypocrites, people who interrupt you when you're talking, band-wagoneers who use memes or shit found on places like 4shit/chan and reddit, people who keep doing something you have told bothers you several times, makes me want to smash their faces in. People who won't admit they're wrong despite you irrefutably proving they are, among a lot of other things.

• The title was changed to What Really Grinds My Gears?
  • Administrator

Slow walkers in the middle of shopping aisles or pavements on the side of the road.

People who can't park properly.

People who don't hold the door open when you're directly behind them.

People who don't say thank you if you hold the door open for them or if you're driving and you let them cross the road and they don't say thanks.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Drivers who don't use their blinkers when they're turning. 

ooh, this is a good one. Especially at round-abouts when they go to turn off at their junction but don't indicate doing so.

• Subscriber

There's a hell of a lot on the roads that bug me. People who do 45 in a 60 for example I seriously question if they should be on the road, that points to a real nervous streak and I can't see that coming in handy.

3 hours ago, Tsubasa said:

Drivers who don't use their blinkers when they're turning. 

This can be terrible as a pedestrian. I have to cross at a massive, busy roundabout regularly, and people just don't indicate, or indicate way too late. Have to essentially wait until there are no cars in a close distance.

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Roundabouts, like motorways shouldn't be dangerous but there's too much pond-life behind the wheel that cause incidents. 

On the subject of grinding gears whilst driving one of the biggest annoyances are those people are are waiting to come out of a ''T'' junction and feel the need to edge forward and stick half of their car in the middle of your lane in an attempt to sneak out. 

Or, the inverse, when you're sat behind someone at a T-Junction who doesn't go out into a perfectly acceptable gap in the flow of traffic.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Roundabouts, like motorways shouldn't be dangerous but there's too much pond-life behind the wheel that cause incidents. 

On the subject of grinding gears whilst driving one of the biggest annoyances are those people are are waiting to come out of a ''T'' junction and feel the need to edge forward and stick half of their car in the middle of your lane in an attempt to sneak out. 

I wrote a car off on a driving lesson as a result of one of these. They edged out then didn't really speed up when they had decided to go, slammed the brakes on but still went into them. No injury thankfully.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Dan said:

I wrote a car off on a driving lesson as a result of one of these. They edged out then didn't really speed up when they had decided to go, slammed the brakes on but still went into them. No injury thankfully.

Image result for that's a shame gif

14 hours ago, Berserker said:

Fake people, hypocrites, people who interrupt you when you're talking, band-wagoneers who use memes or shit found on places like 4shit/chan and reddit, people who keep doing something you have told bothers you several times, makes me want to smash their faces in. People who won't admit they're wrong despite you irrefutably proving they are, among a lot of other things.

That's actually a real issue. I've read somewhere (I can't find the damn source) that when people are confronted with information that contradicts their own it will only serve to reinforce their belief they are right. It's like a mixture of cognitive dissonance and confirmation bias.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128490874

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, Spike said:

That's actually a real issue. I've read somewhere (I can't find the damn source) that when people are confronted with information that contradicts their own it will only serve to reinforce their belief they are right. It's like a mixture of cognitive dissonance and confirmation bias.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128490874

In other words, stubborn idiocy