talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What Really Grinds My Gears?

football forum

When I read yet another victory in the courts for fucking stupidity and complete lack of common sense... I guess I am more fucked off with a system that repeatedly allows abuse and manipulation than the chancers that abuse it... 

Council worker wins £50,000 of taxpayers money after suing for Racial Harassment due to an overgrown pot plant in the office where he worked made it difficult for him to communicate with his colleagues and restricted his view... 

I would have got the lot of them together and bollocked them for wasting valuable court time and taxpayers money and told them to just MOVE THE FUCKING PLANT stupid cunts... this is a sad old fucking world these days.. some things about it I will not be missing when I see that grim reaper finally looming over me...  

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When tradesmen come to you're hoose to woke on works and they expand the scope of the job massively for bullshit reasons...

E.g a plumber this week. "I know you wanted this cracked pipe fixed but none of the piping under your house complies with the plumbing code. So for me to touch it to repair that crack I'll also have to replaced all of it. $100 becomes $2000.

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 3:41 AM, SirBalon said:
  • New-Wave Left Winger Warriors (they're extremists)
  • Large proportion of 'Momentum' members/supporters
  • People that are managing to politicise absolutely everything

I sold my part of the fish and chip shop I used to part own some months back and yesterday evening I decided to go and visit them and have some fish.  I took my son who's now 18 months old...  For those that don't know, the fish and chip shop (the original one because there are now three) is situated in Stoke Newington which is in East London, Hackney...

Now for anyone that isn't familiar with Stoke Newington, it's always been populated by very strange beings on the whole.  Those that live there see it as some sort of village, infact that's what they call it.  They hold themselves as different to everyone else and I know this may bring out some form of laughter, but it's true!  Historically "Stokey" has always been rather bohemian in every sense of the world all the way back to the 60s and so on... Well, those first bullet marked points I've made up there are all part of the general plague in Stoke Newington.

Anyway, to cut a long story short because I can feel myself getting even more wound up and starting some sort of damning history lesson, I'll get to the point.

SMOKING

Smoking cigarettes is a horrible and repulsive habit and one that I unfortunately am afflicted with.  I'd managed to stop it for two years by using one of those electronic cigarettes (Vapes) and I felt a whole lot better in every manner.  But on the birth of my son the stress got to me coupled with work and certain things I'm witnessing in this country, slowly slowly I got back into cigarettes.

Attack of the ultra lefties

Well, I finished eating and as I left the restaurant, right outside I met a friend and we both smoked a cigarette for a few minutes while my son was sleeping in his buggy (covered with the plastic sheeting because it was nippy).

I smoke but I hate smoking and everything about it...  I am party to all the laws in recent years that are anti-smoking like banning it in pubs and especially banning it while driving with a child in the vehicle.  Infact I don't understand how anyone can smoke in their car or their house whether they have children or not...  It's disgusting!

But...

I won't have ANYONE passing judgment on me.  My character rebels against anything that I deem aimed at that type of dictatorial active urban warfare.

Along passed a young mid 20s wiry whiskered "hipster" styled element of society (actually the majority of Stoke Newington is like this, no matter the age), stopped, looked at me and spouted;

"You're a terrible father, throw your cigarette away!  Do it now! How can you smoke next to your child, that's wrong!"

My son was totally covered and the smoke was going nowhere near him anyway, he was in his buggy and I was stopped outside the restaurant having a chat.  I told him to go and wash himself because the smell he was expelling was polluting my free space.  I also told him to go and rethink his life and think how he could best do something positive for society instead of going around judging people.

Honestly...  This is becoming more and more prominent.  Not this particular situation but the whole thing...  Even this new wave "justified" anti-semitism coming from the extreme left in this country, the sympathetic views towards Islamic terrorism.  How the universities are being made into indoctrinating closed sweatshops.  I've always been very very central in my political ideological beliefs and if I've ever swayed at all, it's been slightly left.  But this is now becoming ridiculous and I feel sorry for the future my son will live because it's becoming wide-spread.

There'll probably be some here that understand and sympathise with all of this, but I can tell you that THIS (not this particular incident, but the general outlook from what I've written) amongst 3 or 4 other issues that have arisen in recent times has made up my mind for me to move from London and out of the UK.

I hate people that do shit like this. Or those fucking really cunty people who do a fake cough as they stand by you while you smoke... I don't think it's just the left that's getting more extreme - I think the polar sides of the political spectrum are extreme as fuck right now. But that's besides the point here... I can empathise with dealing with some cunty tosser giving you shit for no reason other than you smoking a cigarette.

You made the mistake of getting addicted to cigarettes. I did too. It's our mistake and it's going to be something that we'll struggle with from time to time, because we know (and everyone who smokes knows) it's not fucking good for you and it's best to quit. So we'll try to quit and then some shit will happen and we might get stressed, get pissed and have a smoke. I know it's happened to me more than once.

But what I don't need is some cunt I've never met in my life coming up to me and giving me shit for smoking a cigarette in my moment of weakness (because that's how I view smoking cigarettes now). Oh wow, it's bad for me and disgusting? Do you really think I didn't know that in 2017?

Some fucking people are such shitheads.

On 26/10/2017 at 9:41 PM, SirBalon said:

I sold my part of the fish and chip shop I used to part own some months back and yesterday evening I decided to go and visit them and have some fish.  I took my son who's now 18 months old...  For those that don't know, the fish and chip shop (the original one because there are now three) is situated in Stoke Newington which is in East London, Hackney...

Now for anyone that isn't familiar with Stoke Newington, it's always been populated by very strange beings on the whole.  Those that live there see it as some sort of village, infact that's what they call it.  They hold themselves as different to everyone else and I know this may bring out some form of laughter, but it's true!  Historically "Stokey" has always been rather bohemian in every sense of the world all the way back to the 60s and so on... Well, those first bullet marked points I've made up there are all part of the general plague in Stoke Newington.

Anyway, to cut a long story short because I can feel myself getting even more wound up and starting some sort of damning history lesson, I'll get to the point.

SMOKING

Smoking cigarettes is a horrible and repulsive habit and one that I unfortunately am afflicted with.  I'd managed to stop it for two years by using one of those electronic cigarettes (Vapes) and I felt a whole lot better in every manner.  But on the birth of my son the stress got to me coupled with work and certain things I'm witnessing in this country, slowly slowly I got back into cigarettes.

Well, I finished eating and as I left the restaurant, right outside I met a friend and we both smoked a cigarette for a few minutes while my son was sleeping in his buggy (covered with the plastic sheeting because it was nippy).

I smoke but I hate smoking and everything about it...  I am party to all the laws in recent years that are anti-smoking like banning it in pubs and especially banning it while driving with a child in the vehicle.  Infact I don't understand how anyone can smoke in their car or their house whether they have children or not...  It's disgusting!

But...

I won't have ANYONE passing judgment on me.  My character rebels against anything that I deem aimed at that type of dictatorial active urban warfare.

Along passed a young mid 20s wiry whiskered "hipster" styled element of society (actually the majority of Stoke Newington is like this, no matter the age), stopped, looked at me and spouted;

"You're a terrible father, throw your cigarette away!  Do it now! How can you smoke next to your child, that's wrong!"

My son was totally covered and the smoke was going nowhere near him anyway, he was in his buggy and I was stopped outside the restaurant having a chat.  I told him to go and wash himself because the smell he was expelling was polluting my free space.  I also told him to go and rethink his life and think how he could best do something positive for society instead of going around judging people.

Honestly...  This is becoming more and more prominent.  Not this particular situation but the whole thing...  Even this new wave "justified" anti-semitism coming from the extreme left in this country, the sympathetic views towards Islamic terrorism.  How the universities are being made into indoctrinating closed sweatshops.  I've always been very very central in my political ideological beliefs and if I've ever swayed at all, it's been slightly left.  But this is now becoming ridiculous and I feel sorry for the future my son will live because it's becoming wide-spread.

There'll probably be some here that understand and sympathise with all of this, but I can tell you that THIS (not this particular incident, but the general outlook from what I've written) amongst 3 or 4 other issues that have arisen in recent times has made up my mind for me to move from London and out of the UK.

Wow. That guy really deserved to get punched in the face. 

Its absolutely shocking how quickly these new age leftie types are willing to judge someone they walk past in the street off 1 single piece of information. Similarly they will go out protesting for something on equally fuck all information. 

People like that are shockingly contradictory. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I saw a pregnant women smoking next to her baby. Didn't like that

I hate seeing this a lot. 

Smoking in general does but can understand why people do smoke. But for women or fathers to have no disregard of the damage it causes for not only themselves but for their young children is just downright rude and ignorant and selfish. Makes them somewhat hypocritical when they want to be caring parents but then subject them to that. 

On 26/10/2017 at 7:41 AM, SirBalon said:

SMOKING

But...

Lol what a fucking prick, the least i'd have done is unleash a plethora of insults his way as well as sending the smoke towards his face, and don't get me wrong.... i'd love to smash his face in, but it's just not worth getting into any kind of trouble for scum like that.

On 26/10/2017 at 11:41 AM, SirBalon said:

Vaporising Cannabis is the best stress reliever.

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Vaporising Cannabis is the best stress reliever.

What you been doing with @Cannabis xD

I’ve heard you can use electronic cigarettes with hash but nobody I know has done it. All the same, that wouldn’t be what I’m looking for hahaha. 

14 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I’ve heard you can use electronic cigarettes with hash but nobody I know has done it. All the same, that wouldn’t be what I’m looking for hahaha. 

I'm speaking about a cannabis vaporiser(or "dry herb vaporiser as they would advertise them as). Not one of those e-cigs. These have been around much longer than e-cigs and are now much cheaper than they used to be.

15 hours ago, Stan said:

Look, what you do with @Cannabis is your own choice, but sometimes keeping it private is better.

:ph34r:

*Mr & Mrs Cannabis at the same time.

• Administrator

fucking annoys me when parents don't take care of their passengers. (obviously don't know for sure if it was parents but that assumption isn't that important).

Today I saw in the car behind me 2 adult in the front seats, and a kid maybe about 3 or 4, standing up from the back seat and leaning through the gap of the front seats to get the attention of both in the front seat. Ridiculously unsafe and the parents cared not one bit. In fact they were humouring her and entertaining her without taking any action to get her belted up. Worse still, there was a fvcking empty children't car seat in the back as well.

Very selfish of the parents who of course have their own seat belts on. We got to traffic lights and I felt like getting out and asking them if they knew what would happen to their child. If they got in a serious crash they'd be thankful they'd be alive but not so thankful that they've seen their child go through the windows or been bashed about the whole car simply because they didn't make sure she had her seatbelt on. 

7 hours ago, Stan said:

fucking annoys me when parents don't take care of their passengers. (obviously don't know for sure if it was parents but that assumption isn't that important).

Today I saw in the car behind me 2 adult in the front seats, and a kid maybe about 3 or 4, standing up from the back seat and leaning through the gap of the front seats to get the attention of both in the front seat. Ridiculously unsafe and the parents cared not one bit. In fact they were humouring her and entertaining her without taking any action to get her belted up. Worse still, there was a fvcking empty children't car seat in the back as well.

Very selfish of the parents who of course have their own seat belts on. We got to traffic lights and I felt like getting out and asking them if they knew what would happen to their child. If they got in a serious crash they'd be thankful they'd be alive but not so thankful that they've seen their child go through the windows or been bashed about the whole car simply because they didn't make sure she had her seatbelt on. 

You should've slammed on the brakes mate

• Subscriber

Slightly related when you're just out shopping or walking somewhere or whatever and you see parents just letting their young kids run amok. Feel like an old man for saying it but my parents would have roasted me if I was so busy running around doing general 6 year old stuff at the park or in the shop and I either knocked someone or even just got in their way a bit. Some parents don't even apologise either if their kids are running around and they nearly trip you up. Then people wonder why kids turn up to primary school (or fucking secondary) unable to sit still because Mum and Dad can't be arsed doing some bloody parenting.

10 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Slightly related when you're just out shopping or walking somewhere or whatever and you see parents just letting their young kids run amok. Feel like an old man for saying it but my parents would have roasted me if I was so busy running around doing general 6 year old stuff at the park or in the shop and I either knocked someone or even just got in their way a bit. Some parents don't even apologise either if their kids are running around and they nearly trip you up. Then people wonder why kids turn up to primary school (or fucking secondary) unable to sit still because Mum and Dad can't be arsed doing some bloody parenting.

Yeah I've seen that and it gets to me...  But one that really gets me gong is at restaurants.  You get two kinds of parents...  Thos that you see that their toddlers are well mannered and are being taught well at home (because this sort of stuff is all about parenting) and then those where their parents let them do what they want and if I have to be honest, it tends to be mums that let this happen which is to absolutely destroy everything on the table, throw food around and at the end it looks like everything surrounding their table has been hit by a bomb.

Don't get me wrong... Toddlers are unpredictable and no matter how well you're teaching them manners at this stage, they can do the odd thing. I have one and it can sometimes occur but I always bring things back into control and any mess they've made both I or my wife cleans it up as well as possible.  THAT doesn't come under the job description of a waiter/waitress!  Waiters/waitresses do it because they have no alternative so as to prepare a table for the next customer and in the worst case scenarios, clean up the mess around the surrounding area.  This is why I always tip generously at restaurants and I'll say this...  If I couldn't afford a generous tip, I wouldn't go to one because they deserve it.

That leads me onto another of my pet hates...  Those that don't tip!  Been at restaurants where people don't tip and I really feel sorry for this that have been waiting on them.  I know the industry well and their wages aren't up to scratch.  You want to try not tipping in New York!  They'll hound you and good on them!

• Subscriber

Eugh. I'm harping on but as a teacher it absolutely kills me seeing bad parenting like that because you know the attitude from a lot of those families is to hand the responsibility over to schools the second they turn 4 years old and expect teachers to raise kids for them. I mean honestly, I sympathise with primary school teachers who get kids turning up to school at 4 or 5 years old and they can't count, aren't potty trained, have never come across the concept of sharing and scream when they don't get their own way, this is not what they're trained to deal with, and it's the same kids who end up not being able to sit still in classrooms when they get to 12 13 years old and I start to get to teach them, then when they get a bit older they're telling you to fuck off because they've never had boundaries in their lifetime.

Sounds like I'm massively exaggerating and taking things out of context but if that's what parenting they're exposed to from an early age some of them will never understand boundaries, consequences and responsibility for their own behaviour until they grow up and they either learn it when it's too late or someone makes them understand it.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

slightly related to this is when a kid knocks in to you and the parent says 'careful, that man will get mad at you' or 'don't do that, that man will hit you otherwise'

err, no I fucking won't. I'll get mad at the parent or hit the parent but I ain't hitting a kid on the basis that you can't manage your child properly. 

9 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Sounds like I'm massively exaggerating and taking things out of context but if that's what parenting they're exposed to from an early age some of them will never understand boundaries, consequences and responsibility for their own behaviour until they grow up and they either learn it when it's too late or someone makes them understand it.

NO! No mate, you're not exaggerating...  As far as I'm concerned what you've said is how it is and the results end up being the ones you've mentioned.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Eugh. I'm harping on but as a teacher it absolutely kills me seeing bad parenting like that because you know the attitude from a lot of those families is to hand the responsibility over to schools the second they turn 4 years old and expect teachers to raise kids for them. I mean honestly, I sympathise with primary school teachers who get kids turning up to school at 4 or 5 years old and they can't count, aren't potty trained, have never come across the concept of sharing and scream when they don't get their own way, this is not what they're trained to deal with, and it's the same kids who end up not being able to sit still in classrooms when they get to 12 13 years old and I start to get to teach them, then when they get a bit older they're telling you to fuck off because they've never had boundaries in their lifetime.

Tell you what those kids turn into some of the worst people you'll ever have to deal with and the sad part of it all is that they could have been taught better at a younger age. To them acting that way seems absolutely fine because everyone that has been involved in their life, up to the point they meet you, has put up with their behavior and in some ways encouraged it. 

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Tell you what those kids turn into some of the worst people you'll ever have to deal with and the sad part of it all is that they could have been taught better at a younger age. To them acting that way seems absolutely fine because everyone that has been involved in their life, up to the point they meet you, has put up with their behavior and in some ways encouraged it. 

It's hard work bringing up a kid and doing everything as you should do it...  Teaching them manners, morals, etiquette etc... etc... which is the job of the parents isn't easy, but it's something that I see as extremely important.  Those parents that don't do it are simply lazy!  They'll sell you the ticket about letting kids be kids and do things freely, but they know it isn't like that and that they just can't be bothered to work on it.  Damned right laziness!

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

It's hard work bringing up a kid and doing everything as you should do it...  Teaching them manners, morals, etiquette etc... etc... which is the job of the parents isn't easy, but it's something that I see as extremely important.  Those parents that don't do it are simply lazy!  They'll sell you the ticket about letting kids be kids and do things freely, but they know it isn't like that and that they just can't be bothered to work on it.  Damned right laziness!

Totally agree on what's being said here. Its not easy work and having a child along with everything else going on in one's life can't be a simple thing to do but at the same time there is a responsibility involved and neglecting that, as you said, just boils down to complacency and sheer laziness.

Drivers in San Diego are the fucking absolute worst. A little bit of rain and nobody fucking understands what they're doing when they're behind a wheel. It seriously rained for about 10 minutes and that was it and now everyones' losing their minds on the roads. I don't fucking understand it... it's fucking rain.

Archived