talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Keaton Jones Saga

football forum

I thought about posting yesterday about that redneck kid who got bullied Keaton Jones, but I couldn’t be arsed and I’m too opinionated for my own good sometimes so I left it. 

I was going to say he doesn’t need celebrities virtue signalling off the back of his viral moment. What he really needed was a father that would teach him how to throw a fucking punch or at least wield a baseball bat effectively. 

48 hours later his mom is trying to “get paid” and several fake go fund me accounts seemingly made by random people have made thousands and shut down. Turns out she’s what the Yanks term “white trash”. 

How fucking stupid are people? Giving money to shit that they  see on the internet. It’s utter madness 

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Fishing much BDTC 

I don’t even know where to start with your OP, it ain’t even fishing. It’s just laughing at narrow minded, outdated viewed rubbish. 

Anyway, hope the kid enjoys the next few months. It just shows that even when you’re in your darkest hour, things can turn around quickly. 

3 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

I don’t even know where to start with your OP, it ain’t even fishing. It’s just laughing at narrow minded, outdated viewed rubbish. 

Anyway, hope the kid enjoys the next few months. It just shows that even when you’re in your darkest hour, things can turn around quickly. 

Ok I’ll indulge you, I’m assuming you’re talking about me saying he needs a dad to teach him how to stick up for himself and not the fact random internet fraudsters and seemingly his mother profiteering off it (no doubt we agree that’s despicable). 

I find it sad that society’s response these days is “awe let’s just throw money at him and give him shit” all that’s going to teach him is be a whiny bitch and you’ll get shit. Far more productive would have been teaching him to stand up for himself or some form of self defence, how many professional fighters started because they were getting pushed around in school? 

Only one thing stops a bully and that’s standing up to them, no doubt school could separate them but bullying often manifests outside off school as well as inside. 

Ok saying taking a bat is OTT but fuck it, teaching kids to stand up for themselves is my real argument. Not only does a martial art teach respect & discipline it also teaches self worth. Or are you saying it’s better to go “see kid here’s a £10” because that just breeds a society full of complete pussies.  Who op is snarky comments on the internet evidently. 

Just now, Storts said:

Isn't the actual problem that he was being racist and others have taken your advice and stood up for themselves?

Something about his mom holding a confederate flag (which doesn’t automatically mean you’re a racist by the way but the connotation is there granted) on a picture was all I’d seen. Was he being racist? Where have you seen that? And yep good he go lt a smack if so

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Something about his mom holding a confederate flag (which doesn’t automatically mean you’re a racist by the way but the connotation is there granted) on a picture was all I’d seen. Was he being racist? Where have you seen that? And yep good he go lt a smack if so

Seen it on twitter (not always reliable) - but that he was making racist comments in class and was called out on it. The person had confirmed this with the school.

3 minutes ago, Storts said:

Seen it on twitter (not always reliable) - but that he was making racist comments in class and was called out on it. The person had confirmed this with the school.

Even more of a joke then if so, the fund raising has been 50-60k on some sites. It displays the power of disinformation on the internet then for all to see. Which was my original point 😏

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Even more of a joke then if so, the fund raising has been 50-60k on some sites. It displays the power of disinformation on the internet then for all to see.

That I can agree with you on.

Archived