talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Pep Guardiola on the Old Trafford dressing room brawl

pep-guardiola-habla-sobre-sucedido-tras-

Yesterday in the pre-match press conference, the questions weren’t directed at Man City’s next Premier League game, they were almost all about what had occured in the Old Trafford dressing room where there was an alleged brawl... This is what Pep Guardiola had to say about it all. 

“The club (Man City) have sent a report on exactly what occured within the Old Trafford stadium at the end of the game.  We have nothing to hide and shouldn’t say anything more publicly on what actually happened.”

“I will say this, which can then tell you a story on how things may have gotten out of hand so you guys can make up your own minds. There are pictures of when the final whistle is blown by the referee and both sets of players shake each other’s hands. We all go down the tunnel without any issues and there are even some players of each side talking to one another on the way to the dressing rooms.”

“Celebrating in the dressing room is something that has always been done in football and it’s where celebrations should take place because you can’t ask human beings to act like robots and in big games, there are big sensations of euphoria after the game.  I encourage my players to celebrate, but only in the privacy of the dressing room!”

“Our celebration was nothing exceptional in the dressing room.  The typical celebration you get that any team does after winning a very big away game.”

“I was on the phone in the corner of the dressing room and I heard our dressing room door bang open with a lot of shouting coming from outside. So I went into one of the cubicles to finish my important phone call, so I saw nothing, but I saw the aftermath on the faces of some of the club staff.  Like I said, this is all I can say and the FA will have our report.”

”I shall only add this one thing... While I’m in charge we will only celebrate in the dressing room after the game and I have never had any problems with rival teams doing the same in respect when they beat my team.  If there is someone that has a problem with teams celebrating in the privacy of the dressing room, then they should look at themselves and their past when celebrating in public on the pitch with intentions of disrespect and understanding full well the reaction.  It’s not the first time some people seem to want to have certain privileges and yet recriminate someone else for doing what they do.  That’s the last I say on this.”

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I think he may be having a pop at Mourinho in that last paragraph, could be wrong :congrats:xD

7 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

That last paragraph xD Fuck off Mourinho.

The second paragraph is aimed at Mourinho too and it’s actually the most damning one of all because in effect what he’s saying there is that the Man Utd players were acting completely normal at the final whistle and going down the tunnel... any change that occured, he’s pointing to someone coaxing the situation and winding up his own players. 

5 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

xD fucken hell

What a chicken shit.... worried his jumper might get crumpled

I will say he is correct about Mourinho, what goes around comes around and all that but what has really made me laugh is that Pep started by saying... 

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

We have nothing to hide and shouldn’t say anything more publicly on what actually happened.”

Then proceeds to come out with all this... xD

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

“I will say this, which can then tell you a story on how things may have gotten out of hand so you guys can make up your own minds. There are pictures of when the final whistle is blown by the referee and both sets of players shake each other’s hands. We all go down the tunnel without any issues and there are even some players of each side talking to one another on the way to the dressing rooms.”

“Celebrating in the dressing room is something that has always been done in football and it’s where celebrations should take place because you can’t ask human beings to act like robots and in big games, there are big sensations of euphoria after the game.  I encourage my players to celebrate, but only in the privacy of the dressing room!”

“Our celebration was nothing exceptional in the dressing room.  The typical celebration you get that any team does after winning a very big away game.”

“I was on the phone in the corner of the dressing room and I heard our dressing room door bang open with a lot of shouting coming from outside. So I went into one of the cubicles to finish my important phone call, so I saw nothing, but I saw the aftermath on the faces of some of the club staff.  Like I said, this is all I can say and the FA will have our report.”

”I shall only add this one thing... While I’m in charge we will only celebrate in the dressing room after the game and I have never had any problems with rival teams doing the same in respect when they beat my team.  If there is someone that has a problem with teams celebrating in the privacy of the dressing room, then they should look at themselves and their past when celebrating in public on the pitch with intentions of disrespect and understanding full well the reaction.  It’s not the first time some people seem to want to have certain privileges and yet recriminate someone else for doing what they do.  That’s the last I say on this.”

• Administrator

last paragraph is bang on though whether it's about Mourinho or not.

Can't have one rule for yourself and then moan when other managers/teams celebrate however they want too

7 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

What a chicken shit.... worried his jumper might get crumpled

I will say he is correct about Mourinho, what goes around comes around and all that but what has really made me laugh is that Pep started by saying... 

Then proceeds to come out with all this... xD

Hahaha I thought that too but then on reflection he doesn’t actually tell any of the actions or names names.  It’s a trained method of manipulating the press like others do it to their benefit.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Hahaha I thought that too but then on reflection he doesn’t actually tell any of the actions or names names.  It’s a trained method of manipulating the press like others do it to their benefit.

If you proceed to open your gob in a very public environment then names omitted or not it's speaking about it publicly.. xD

"I have been asked not to say anything publicly while they carry out their investigations... all I can tell you is there was a lot of gunfire coming from 2 gunmen on that hill over there.. ( points in direction ) then we heard 3 loud explosions and 18 people have been confirmed as dead with another 26 badly injured, Paramedics and Police were on the scene within minutes and a team of 10 highly trained officers went in and subdued one of the shooters and shot the other dead" apart from that I cant really say what went on" 

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

If you proceed to open your gob in a very public environment then names omitted or not it's speaking about it publicly.. xD

"I have been asked not to say anything publicly while they carry out their investigations... all I can tell you is there was a lot of gunfire coming from 2 gunmen on that hill over there.. ( points in direction ) then we heard 3 loud explosions and 18 people have been confirmed as dead with another 26 badly injured, Paramedics and Police were on the scene within minutes and a team of 10 highly trained officers went in and subdued one of the shooters and shot the other dead" apart from that I cant really say what went on" 

It was nothing like that in terms of the details he gives.hahaha

What he does is goes into semantics of behaviours, morals and histrionics... The only part he goes into any detail is the bit about him being on the phone, hearing the door burst open and hearing a lot of shouting... Then finally that there were visible signs of physical shenanigans on the face of some of his staff members.

Actually on reflection... You’re right! xD 

2 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Police should be investigating without anyone coming forward because it is in the media. I find it suspicious they haven't, chief inspector must be a Man Utd fan :ph34r:

From what I’ve read, the Arteta thing was done by Lukaku.

Anyway... These types of antics occured quite a lot while Mourinho was coaching Real Madrid, this and much more.

3 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Police should be investigating without anyone coming forward because it is in the media. I find it suspicious they haven't, chief inspector must be a Man Utd fan :ph34r:

Probably the same Inspector that looked into the infamous Fergie/Beckam boot incident... his report had one line in it after 6 days and 14 man hours of questioning... 

"Nothing to see here" 

Case closed.... 

7 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Probably the same Inspector that looked into the infamous Fergie/Beckam boot incident... his report had one line in it after 6 days and 14 man hours of questioning... 

"Nothing to see here" 

Case closed.... 

Or the pizza throwing tournament Arsenal were involved in within the confines of Old Trafford. Looks like Man Utd’s stadium is like a paintball zone after games. 

I love it. Mourinho has been a hypocrite for so long. He goes on about diving all the time and forgets the players he's had throughout his career, one in particular....Drogba.

Mourinho doesn't moan about injuries....except when he's moaning about not moaning about injuries all the time.

Mourinho talks about respect as if he didnt show a lack of it at Real Madrid and Chelsea.

Its all a ploy to take away from the fact that a Man Utd side who've spent nearly as much as City parked the bus at home and we're afraid to try and win the match. 

Archived