• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
Harvsky

Arsenal Agree £35m Deal For N'Zonzi

Recommended Posts

Hopefully it’s true and more importantly that he performs for us because there are certain players that for some reason or another don’t do it elsewhere.  Look at Kondogbia... At Sevilla he had everyone after him, went to Monaco and from there to Inter where he didn’t exactly set the world on fire.  Returned to La Liga for Valencia and is now one of the outstanding players of the season so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we were linked with him over past couple of years.

Decent player. Also agree he's better than Xhaka. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

we were linked with him over past couple of years.

Decent player. Also agree he's better than Xhaka. 

Can't be that good then. Arsenal standing still. :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Can't be that good then. Arsenal standing still. :ph34r:

Mate... Even if N’Zonzi ends up failing, he’s still miles better than Xhaka.  The Swiss/Albanian is easily in the top 10 biggest waste of money rankings in the history of the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good signing.

Not enough to make a difference against the rest of the top 6 but a good signing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Class signing. I wanted us going all out for him last summer when we were linked. Calibre of player we should've gone for in the one summer we had some true pulling power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Hopefully it’s true and more importantly that he performs for us because there are certain players that for some reason or another don’t do it elsewhere.  Look at Kondogbia... At Sevilla he had everyone after him, went to Monaco and from there to Inter where he didn’t exactly set the world on fire.  Returned to La Liga for Valencia and is now one of the outstanding players of the season so far.

Still can't believe Wenger of all people hasn't gone after Kondogbia. I think he would fit the Premier League and us perfectly.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen that N'Zonzi is 29 this month. Looks like his best years were watching the ball fly over his head at Stoke City :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought he was Sevilla's worst player when he faced us. He slowed down the way they played so much. He's good at breaking up play and being a fucking arsehole though - so if Arsenal need that, good signing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't realise he was that old mind you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A defensive midfielder playing in the defensive midfield role will be interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I thought he was Sevilla's worst player when he faced us. He slowed down the way they played so much. He's good at breaking up play and being a fucking arsehole though - so if Arsenal need that, good signing.

That halftime sub ruined it for the good day we were having imo. He was slow and got outpaced but when Franco came on they were chasing everything, putting pressure on Henderson and the rest is history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Typical Arsenal signing for me. Middle bracket calibre of player who will have as many bad games as he does good. Won't turn too many heads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know if he’s middle bracket becauae as I said further up, the last two seasons he’s been probably Sevilla’s best player and a dominating factor in the defensive side of things in midfield. This season he definitely hasn’t been at the level of the past two and there is the question although he hasn’t been bad.

For me the important factor to look at is his price at £35m considering his age... What price would we be paying for someone in the top ranks which by the way, also doesn’t give you any guarantees. He is on paper supremely superior to Xhaka although I don’t know what that means in the larger scheme of things. We aren’t Man Utd or Man City... We can’t spend £90m+ on one player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

We aren’t Man Utd or Man City... We can’t spend £90m+ on one player. 

Man City don't buy players for that, it's very much a Man Utd and PSG disease caused by those two trying to be big clubs when they're not.

:ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

29 in December and £35m for a bloke they’ll get 18-24 months out of? What a terrible, terrible deal that is. 

Sevilla cashing in at the right time as usual. I was convinced he was about 26 but then again he was playing for Blackburn in the Premier League so god knows why I thought that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

29 in December and £35m for a bloke they’ll get 18-24 months out of? What a terrible, terrible deal that is. 

Come on! xD

Providing he’s even a success at Arsenal which is yet to be seen, two years limit is ridiculous. There’s way too much emphasis put on age these days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can usually play first team til 32 at mid table level so should be fine :ph34r:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ridiculous to spend that money on him if you're Arsenal. He won't do much for them, his top level is Sevilla.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The correct signing was Kondogbia who is tremendous, but Valencia got in there first (don’t even know if we were in for him this time around) and the rest is history. Top level players in that position are few and far between. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FOYM said:

Ridiculous to spend that money on him if you're Arsenal. He won't do much for them, his top level is Sevilla.

Sevilla are above Arsenal's level though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Stan said:

Sevilla are above Arsenal's level though.

Definitely as a European entity in recent years. Infact in the last decade we have a lot of similarities with Sevilla. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is actually spelt ‘Nzonzi’ you uncultured swine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Stan said:

Sevilla are above Arsenal's level though.

Yeah, but you won't wanna make that level your ceiling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kolasinac and now Nzonzi... Arsenal going in the right direction. Need these kind of players to put in aggressive tackles when needed. The team had way too many softies in the defensive half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Asura said:

Kolasinac and now Nzonzi... Arsenal going in the right direction. Need these kind of players to put in aggressive tackles when needed. The team had way too many softies in the defensive half.

Xhaka and Coquelin?

The latter is a dirty little scrotebag anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement