talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Agree £35m Deal For N'Zonzi

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully it’s true and more importantly that he performs for us because there are certain players that for some reason or another don’t do it elsewhere.  Look at Kondogbia... At Sevilla he had everyone after him, went to Monaco and from there to Inter where he didn’t exactly set the world on fire.  Returned to La Liga for Valencia and is now one of the outstanding players of the season so far.

6 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Can't be that good then. Arsenal standing still. :ph34r:

Mate... Even if N’Zonzi ends up failing, he’s still miles better than Xhaka.  The Swiss/Albanian is easily in the top 10 biggest waste of money rankings in the history of the club.

28 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Hopefully it’s true and more importantly that he performs for us because there are certain players that for some reason or another don’t do it elsewhere.  Look at Kondogbia... At Sevilla he had everyone after him, went to Monaco and from there to Inter where he didn’t exactly set the world on fire.  Returned to La Liga for Valencia and is now one of the outstanding players of the season so far.

Still can't believe Wenger of all people hasn't gone after Kondogbia. I think he would fit the Premier League and us perfectly.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I thought he was Sevilla's worst player when he faced us. He slowed down the way they played so much. He's good at breaking up play and being a fucking arsehole though - so if Arsenal need that, good signing.

That halftime sub ruined it for the good day we were having imo. He was slow and got outpaced but when Franco came on they were chasing everything, putting pressure on Henderson and the rest is history.

I don’t know if he’s middle bracket becauae as I said further up, the last two seasons he’s been probably Sevilla’s best player and a dominating factor in the defensive side of things in midfield. This season he definitely hasn’t been at the level of the past two and there is the question although he hasn’t been bad.

For me the important factor to look at is his price at £35m considering his age... What price would we be paying for someone in the top ranks which by the way, also doesn’t give you any guarantees. He is on paper supremely superior to Xhaka although I don’t know what that means in the larger scheme of things. We aren’t Man Utd or Man City... We can’t spend £90m+ on one player. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

29 in December and £35m for a bloke they’ll get 18-24 months out of? What a terrible, terrible deal that is. 

Sevilla cashing in at the right time as usual. I was convinced he was about 26 but then again he was playing for Blackburn in the Premier League so god knows why I thought that.

8 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

29 in December and £35m for a bloke they’ll get 18-24 months out of? What a terrible, terrible deal that is. 

Come on! xD

Providing he’s even a success at Arsenal which is yet to be seen, two years limit is ridiculous. There’s way too much emphasis put on age these days. 

• Administrator
Just now, FOYM said:

Ridiculous to spend that money on him if you're Arsenal. He won't do much for them, his top level is Sevilla.

Sevilla are above Arsenal's level though.

Archived