talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 16-18th December, 2017

football forum

• Administrator

Very well handled by Oxlade. Just seen the interview and as uncomfortable as Coutinho may or may not have felt, AOC done brilliantly to nip it in the bud and shut the question down. 

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Inverted said:

Thought Robertson and Klavan were really good.

Klavan is looking like our best CB on form, and I don't think anyone would have predicted that. He's looking consistent, which we haven't seen in a while in that position.

Robertson got a golden opportunity with Moreno's injury - I think he's been unfortunate Moreno actually started the season well. But Robertson looks very good going forward and I think he's better in defense than Moreno.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Klavan is looking like our best CB on form, and I don't think anyone would have predicted that. He's looking consistent, which we haven't seen in a while in that position.

Robertson got a golden opportunity with Moreno's injury - I think he's been unfortunate Moreno actually started the season well. But Robertson looks very good going forward and I think he's better in defense than Moreno.

He's not as flashy going forward as Moreno - he's not got that winger-like pace, or his shot, but he's as useful as Moreno going forward. Today was the perfect example - he helped create the first goal with a little deft pass inside and then a run to create space for Coutinho. 

Its harder to notice but the contribution is there. The West Brom match was hopefully an unhappy exception. And if Liverpool start anticipating and attacking crosses better, we might see some of his deliveries getting converted too. 

As for the defensive side, the biggest compliment imo is that as far as I can see he's never a big talking point. 

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

He's not as flashy going forward as Moreno - he's not got that winger-like pace, or his shot, but he's as useful as Moreno going forward. Today was the perfect example - he helped create the first goal with a little deft pass inside and then a run to create space for Coutinho. 

Its harder to notice but the contribution is there. The West Brom match was hopefully an unhappy exception. And if Liverpool start anticipating and attacking crosses better, we might see some of his deliveries getting converted too. 

As for the defensive side, the biggest compliment imo is that as far as I can see he's never a big talking point. 

I think Robertson is a much more intelligent player, whereas Moreno has raw physical attributes. I prefer Robertson tbh. Moreno has winger like pace, but an awful cross - Robertson's delivery is much better imo, and I like what he offers going forward more than what Moreno does. He's got a golden opportunity now, I hope he keeps this form up.

10 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

We are approaching the half way point of the season, everyone's played everyone (practically).  If United beat Leicester next Saturday they will have 44 points after 19 games, double that and we finish with  88 points (not saying we will ) which in any normal year would be enough to finish top.  It is only City's fantastic play that makes us all look like chumps.  

United are 8 points better off than their where at this point last year.  Yeah we don't look good at times and we have caught a couple of teams, especially in August, that were playing absolutely terrible football, but all teams benefit from the schedule at times.   United 's schedule is no more easier or convenient than any other team.

United have played away to Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool, and the way Spurs play at Wembley, you say the only really hard away game in the second half of the season is agaislnt City.

Personally I think United are having a good season, so is Chelsea, it just unfortunate for both of us that City are having a truely remarkable year.

You've essentially spent as much as them, your recruitment and management haven't been good enough so far.

• Administrator

Goal Swansea! Fer nips in at the back after a Swansea corner. 

Dead atmosphere at Goodison. Goal gives Swansea something to build on and protect. 

Note regarding Jon Moss - fat twat being shit. 

• Administrator

Rooney misses the penalty but Calvert-Lewin gets the rebound in.

It was a great save from Fabianski for the penalty though. Good reaction from Calvert-Lewin and good composure. 

• Subscriber

Penalty. Mesa penalised for the worst facial hair in the Premier League history.

Rooney misses. Calvert-Lewin on the rebound.

Let off after a poor half. Hopefully Rooney to drop deep at half time with Schneiderlin coming off and Lookman or Sandro joining the attack.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Roque Mesa gives away a penalty.

Roque Mesa has a shit moustache.

The 2 could possibly be linked.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Penalty. Mesa penalised for the worst facial hair in the Premier League history.

:coffee:

• The topic was unpinned

Archived