• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 16-18th December, 2017

football forum

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Don't regret a single word I said to be honest. We went into it as favourites and I don't see any way we wouldn't have looking at our form and their away form. If that's deemed arrogance now then so be it.

What actually panned out however was a total embarrassment and nothing short of humiliating. I can't name a single good thing about that performance. We were a disgrace, nothing short of it. The whole team was awful.

Palace fully worthy of their win. Defensively excellent and didn't allow us to create a single meaningful chance in 90 minutes. They could've had more as well. Do think the ref lost a bit of control of things later on but everyone who has seen the two big decisions have said they were both the right call. Iborra's I didn't see any issue with at the time, Ndidi's I thought was a dive and a completely idiotic thing to do when on a yellow, and while I say "two big decisions" I think there are three because I thought their shout looked a penalty.

It's the most typical old school Leicester thing I've known to win four on the bounce, two at home to sides in the top six and two away games where we scored seven in the process, while going to play a side who hadn't scored away from home in 9 months and lose the game resoundingly. It's so frustrating.

Disgraceful but a fully deserved result.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived