• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What the world asks Google about Britain

football forum

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I cannot believe New Zealand are asking that question. It’s actually an anachronism, POM means prisoner of mother England. Many Aussie can trace their heritage back to England through this. Which effectively makes them descendants of POMs. 

I work with quite a number of people from all over the world and the question on “Why are British people so cold?” is a common question that gets thrown around.  At times after work when we have a pint before setting off home, that tends to be a common theme.

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I work with quite a number of people from all over the world and the question on Why are British people so cold?” is a common question that gets thrown around.  At times after work when we have a pint before setting off home, that tends to be a common theme.

I read that as a non-weather related description.

British humour can be quite satirical, dry and sarcastic. Certainly very unique and can be very misunderstood around the world. 

28 minutes ago, Stan said:

I read that as a non-weather related description.

British humour can be quite satirical, dry and sarcastic. Certainly very unique and can be very misunderstood around the world. 

In this particular case they’re not commenting or judging sense of humour mate.  When people from other nations mention this, it’s lack of passion, the distance British people maintain where relationships are concerned in terms of making friends and accepting others uniformally.  Actually it’s quite complicated to put into words.

Germany

Not really that ugly although a step behind the Aussies when English speaking countries are concerned. Better than Canadians or Americans.

France

Hey, most Eastern Europeans are no better. 

Spain

Hypocrisy at its finest given the Spaniards are the worst speakers of their own language.

Poland

Can't disagree with them.

Belgium

I actually forgot about that but they aren't the only ones who do. Singapore does the same.

Sweden

Personally I'd say they are 4 countries, just like I consider Hong Kong and Macau their own as well.

Netherlands

Could they be any more wrong with their question!?

Ireland

I have to agree with them. I've never met more pessimistic and more accepting people than the brits.

Norway

Can't comment on this one as I have no idea about the factories

USA

Are they good at waiting? Although the Americans should be envious of the Brits, not the other way around like it is in real life

Mexico

Again, no comment

Portugal

Nowhere near as bad as the Canadians

New Zealand

Have to agree with Batard that this question makes no sense

Canada

Same answer as Ireland. The weather might be a problem but fuck me they are so negative over everything

Italy

Because Britain is great, bar a few factors

Thailand

I've had worse cuisines

Turkey

Depends on the person

And now the Lord has spoken and all has been made clear to us!

Shall I close the thread now, no point in continuing this debate because the affirmative and conclusive answers have been given to us, only this time not on Mount Sinai, but behold from above he has spoken and answered our most unanswered questions on TF365... We rejoice and are grateful for your words of wisdom oh all knowing being. :$

9 hours ago, Batard said:

I cannot believe New Zealand are asking that question. It’s actually an anachronism, POM means prisoner of mother England. Many Aussie can trace their heritage back to England through this. Which effectively makes them descendants of POMs. 

There's no proven answer as to why we're called Poms. And as far as I'm aware it's just the Aussies that call us it, not Kiwis

Hmm, i wouldn't say Brits are cold from all the time i've been in this fucking forums. I've heard Finns are really cold, and i'd suppose many Eastern and Central-Europeans to be more so than the Brits, like Hungarians, Germans, Poles, or Belgians.

11 hours ago, Batard said:

That isn't true at all. It's cause the cunts are white and red like a pomegranate and it's rhyming slang for immigrant (Australians don't give a fuck if it actually rhymes). 

Here in Britain we’re brilliant at queuing... Infact of all the places I’ve ever been in my life here we’re the best at that.  Infact we love queuing and we queue even when we don’t have to... There are times when people may be going about other business and they see a queue and just decide to join it for the love of queuing. :ph34r: 

Once waiting for the tube there were people at the edge of the platform, the train pulled in and this French woman came up from behind them stuck her closed umberella out to block them off from the doors and walked on before them. I burst out laughing. Little cultural intricacies are fascinating. The concept of waiting your turn really doesn't exist in some parts of the world.

Archived