talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Antoine Griezmann renews his contract with Atlético Madrid

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

VIVE LA FRANCE! VIVE LA REVOLUTION!  

french-flag.jpg

Footnote: Ehy do we have two flags of Italy in the emoticons and not flag of France! :what:

Not sure about France but it's not two Italy's. One is Ireland. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw that one amongst a few others  the other day. Very endearing!

To be honest, Griezmann is a player and a character I’ve like for a long time. There’s something about him that I just can’t deny I really like... Also an tremendous footballer. 

It looks like Antoine Griezmann has chosen to announce what he will be doing via a series of videos.  The first one was released yesterday where he says;

"I expect you will be tired of the 'will he stay, will he go' or the 'will he earn this or will he earn that"

"Well my decision is this..." and leaves us all in suspense ready for the next episode where it might say what's happening or may lead us to another video in what's now a saga with Griezmann's future.

Curiously, the platform to make the video is called 'Power to the Players' which is a creation and owned by Gerard Piqué.

A press release by the FFF (French football federation) says that a press conference by Antoine Griezmann has been booked for 21:15 cet (20:15 bst).  I expect that this will finally put an end to this saga on what Griezmann will be doing.

The last time Gerard Piqué started finger tapping on his Social Media accounts, he got burned (Se Queda “Neymar”).

In this case there’s no announcement from “The Voice” but has decided to tweet this on his Twitter account.

What’s he scheming? :shutup:

The latest rumour according to Mundo Deportivo who source an unnamed individual in Madrid is that Antoine Griezmann will announce this evening via a video that he intends to accept the renewal proposal Atlético Madrid have had on the table ready to sign for almost a month now.

One of the summer's sagas is about to reach its conclusion on the first day of the World Cup.

11 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Unless this is a show of loyalty to Atletico, this will look horrendous.

I think it´s disrespectful to Atleti fans even if he decides to stay. Why create all this drama?

That makes him look an attention-seeker and not like a loyal player. 

He's talking about his tattoos at the moment.

Now he just said that the decision he's made he's done it 100% like when he decided to leave Real Sociedad to Atlético Madrid

Right now he recalls a conversation with Simeone where he tells the coach he wasn't 100% sure he was going to stay.

He talk about the contact with Barcelona and the offer put on the table.  He didn't know what to do

Now he says that what he wants most of all is to win the Champions League and at Atleti he's had countless doubts because they're always second in everything.

In a conversation with his wife she says to him; "If you win it with Atlético Madrid you'll enter in the history books but at Barcelona you'll be just another one who's won it"

In a conversation with his father his dad asks him if he has things crystal clear in his mind

His father tells him to be a sportsman, not an ego

Just learned that the only person that's seen the ending of this video and his decision is Gerard Piqué O.o

Hence Piqué's popcorn moment tweet earlier today

Now video footage of Griezmann's family at various games at the Metropilitano. 

Now footage of Atleti's semifinal Europa League clash with Arsenal

What other forum offers you live minute to minute updates on something like this :ph34r:

Everyone he knew was telling him to go to Barça

Now footage of the final victory against Olympique Marseille in the Europa League

He hadn't made his decision and wanted the final to pass

On the 20th of May against Eibar he recalls that the Atleti fans whistle and boo him at the Metropilitano 

He went home very affected by the whistling from the fans

He recalls a moment where he returns home on the 3rd of June after playing with France and his mind is in tatters and is affecting his football.

ANTOINE GRIEZMANN SAYS HE WILL STAY WITH ATLÉTICO MADRID BECAUSE PASSION AND ENDEAVOUR IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN PERSONAL GLORY!

Antoine Griezmann;

"Atlético de Madrid is a family club. A working class football club and they have shown me humility and offered me everything they have personally. They have also demonstrated to me that they aim to be ambitious and be one of the big players. I can't and couldn't turn my back on them as much as I was trying to convince myself to do so I will not lie"

Archived