• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Photographic Sport | Sport in pictures

football forum

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/26/2017 at 05:22, Asura said:

Happy Birthday Johan Cruyff, this has to be the most bad ass picture of his' IMO

Johan Cruyff enjoying a cigarette at halftime 1974.

damn !!!    everything here is perfect.   and the "feel" of film resonates like shit hitting your face.

cameras nowadays are speed demons with the d500, d5, 1dxm2 ( nevermind sony's coz they suck at sports photography ), photographers  have the luxury of spraying the whole 100 meter run or the build up of a goal without even choking the Buffer.  And choose on the  series of 100 photos the best of them all.   Which is nice, but still can't beat the CAPTURED THE MOMENT feeling of the film-camera days.  When them photographers have to anticipate everything .....   

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

1200.jpg?w=1920&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&

Liverpool at Highbury in 1990 and a whole slew of other nice pictures shot by Stuart Roy Clarke over the years. The rest can be seen here.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/gallery/2018/mar/20/the-game-football-through-the-lens-of-stuart-clarke-in-pictures

My other favourite from the album is this one

1200.jpg?w=1010&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&

FC United of Manchester at Buxton FC, Silverlands, 2008. That dog seems to have gotten in on the act of looking pensively at the game.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Stan said:

love those @Mel81x. Especially the purple sunset on that Highbury picture.

Cheers for the link, too. Great snaps.

I quite like stadium pictures from the ground up towards the stands. It gives a sense of being there and captures moments quite well. I remember seeing a pic years ago of an AC Milan game the ground up at the San Siro but I can't seem to find it anywhere the sky had that orange hue contrasted with the red and black. Gorgeous shot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

photos-of-the-year_1d4s0nhdann711937ufyf

Marcelo Melo of Brazil and Lukasz Kubot of Poland (left) celebrate championship point and victory during the doubles final against Oliver Marach of Austria and Mate Pavic of Croatia at Wimbledon on July 15, 2017 in London, England.

photos-of-the-year_7gtrasxwoxgj1dj5cu06k

Usain Bolt of Jamaica looks to the skies before settling into his blocks before the 100 meter final during the 16th IAAF World Athletics Championships on August 5, 2017 in London.

photos-of-the-year_1vlcb5pndjpac1rp3mxlb

Neda Shahsavari of Iran competes against Ozge Yilmaz of Turkey in the Table Tennis quarterfinal during the 4th Islamic Solidarity Games on May 18, 2017 in Baku, Azerbaijan.

photos-of-the-year_8ntp89b1mjhp1w0ydumlb

Cam Newton of the Carolina Panthers is introduced during a game against the Minnesota Vikings at Bank of America Stadium on December 10, 2017 in Charlotte.

photos-of-the-year_1qsi8ccnvk4ml1cgf1688

Sara Andres Barrio of Spain and Fleur Jong of Netherlands after competing in the 200m T44 final of the IPC World ParaAthletics Championships on July 23, 2017 in London, England.

photos-of-the-year_1vbu66xwsc3ra1q24le3e

Harlee Dean of Brentford and Craig Conway of Blackburn Rovers confront each other during a Sky Bet Championship match between on May 7, 2017 in Brentford, England.

And many many more

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/other-sports/photos/2017-top-best-sports-photos-photographs-of-the-year-in-pictures-nfl-nba-mlb-mma-tennis-nhl/gaos0kk1rhiv1f0s51gg8n4lf/slide/715552

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

photos-of-the-year_1vbu66xwsc3ra1q24le3e

Harlee Dean of Brentford and Craig Conway of Blackburn Rovers confront each other during a Sky Bet Championship match between on May 7, 2017 in Brentford, England.

And many many more

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/other-sports/photos/2017-top-best-sports-photos-photographs-of-the-year-in-pictures-nfl-nba-mlb-mma-tennis-nhl/gaos0kk1rhiv1f0s51gg8n4lf/slide/715552

far too romantic to be a legit fight :ph34r: 

pdkw1edxybljm8i5fbnz.jpg

ddnj7cvv84lyhcnbaaag.jpg

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Devon Von Devon said:

pdkw1edxybljm8i5fbnz.jpg

That's a picture of just one of the many gold-toothed kids that FIFA melts to make trophies. Bastards!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Since the World Cup is almost upon us I found these little trinkets

1998-cafu-flip.jpg&w=800&q=85

Brazilian right back Cafu does a back flip after Brazil scored against Scotland in the 1998 World Cup.

2010-nigel-de-jong-xabi-alonso.jpg&w=800

Nijel de Jong Tyrannosaurus Rex kicks Xabi Alonso in the chest during the 2010 World Cup final between Spain and the Netherlands.

1998-david-beckham-free-kick-romania.jpg

David Beckham’s free kick curls over the wall of jumping Romanian defenders during England’s Group G match against Romania in the 1998 World Cup.

2010-nelson-mandela-trophy.jpg&w=800&q=8

Nelson Mandela lifts the World Cup trophy in 2004 in Zurich, Switzerland after FIFA’s executive committee awarded the 2010 World Cup to South Africa.

1998-ronaldo-consoled-by-bebeto.jpg&w=80

A dejected Ronaldo is consoled by Brazilian teammate Bebeto after France defeated the defending champions, 3-0, in the 1998 World Cup final.

1994-daniel-amokachi.jpg&w=800&q=85

Rasheed Yekini celebrates in the goal netting after Nigeria scored its first ever World Cup goal, against Bulgaria in the 1994 World Cup.

1962-vava-celebrates-goal_0.jpg&w=800&q=

Vava celebrates his goal that helped seal Brazil’s victory in the 1962 World Cup final for its second consecutive World Cup title. The Brazilians defeated Czechoslovakia 3-1.

2002-david-seaman-ronaldinho-goal.jpg&w=

English goalkeeper David Seaman looks on in dismay after Brazil's Ronaldinho scores a phenomenal 42-yard free kick goal off the top left corner of the goal in the second half of a 2002 World Cup quarterfinal. (Looks like he headed it in to me)

1990-carlos-valderrama-hair.jpg&w=800&q=

Colombian Carlos Valderrama dazzles the 1990 World Cup with his head of curly, blond hair.

1974-gerd-muller-paul-breitner.jpg&w=800

West Germany’s Gerd Müller and Paul Breitner, the two West German goal scorers in the 1974 World Cup final, celebrate at the after-match banquet by smoking cigars.

1966-lev-yashin.jpg&w=800&q=85

Russian goalkeeper Lev Yashin makes a full-length dive to save a West German free kick during the semifinal of the 1966 World Cup. Yashin revolutionized goalkeeping as a whole with his dazzling saves and impressive command of his defense. He remains the only goalkeeper ever voted the European Footballer of the Year.

I'd post more but it gets too long and the rest can be seen here. 

https://www.si.com/planet-futbol/photos/2014/06/10/100-best-photos-world-cup-history

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Bloody hell, just spotted this thread.

One other sport I love is boxing and I did a wee bit when I was a young lad in Australia in the late 60's, my boxing idol was the World Middleweight Champion back in 70's Marvelous Marvin Hagler, then, if you talk about heavy-weights once upon a time I always classed Joe Louis as the greatest until this guy came along (photo below) Cassius Clay or better known as Muhammad Ali, I had this photo hanging on my bedroom wall in 1964 with the then Cassius Clay before he changed his name looking over the great Sonny Liston or 'Stone Eyes' as his nick-name was who he beat to become the Heavyweight Champion of the World, this photo is one of my favourites, the one below Ali's photo is of Marvelous Marvin Hagler.

muhammad-ali-pardon.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

4134.jpg?width=1010&quality=85&auto=form

José Mourinho reacts after the Hammers score another goal. West Ham beat Manchester United by a two-goal margin in a league game for the first time since October 1982, when the score was also 3-1.

2654.jpg?width=1010&quality=85&auto=form

Manchester City’s Sergio Agüero reacts as Manchester City beat Brighton 2-0 to move to the top of the table. Agüero has scored 15 goals in his past 11 Premier League appearances at the Etihad.

2711.jpg?width=1010&quality=85&auto=form

Alexandre Lacazette fires home to help Arsenal to a 4-2 win over Tottenham at the Emirates stadium. Tottenham have dropped more points from winning positions in Premier League games against Arsenal – 40 – than any side has against another in the competition’s history.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Thread's gone a bit quiet.

2018_SI_YIP_00001.JPG&w=1200&q=85

2018 Ironman World Championship, triathlon race event

2018_SI_YIP_00007.JPG&w=900&q=85

11th Edition Red Hook Criterium bike race in Brooklyn, N.Y.

2018_SI_YIP_00011.JPG&w=900&q=85

Portland Trailblazers' Damian Lillard shoots a free throw against the Oklahoma City Thunder

2018_SI_YIP_00014.JPG&w=900&q=85

Claire Tuggle and Brooke Forde enter the water at the 2018 Phillips 66 National Championships

2018_SI_YIP_00021.JPG&w=900&q=85

Oak Hill Academy vs. NSU University School compete in the 2018 Spalding HIgh School Hoop Hall Classic

There's a tonne more of nice pics as well at this link.

https://www.si.com/sports-illustrated/2018/12/20/best-sports-photos-2018-sports-illustrated

Archived