Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

    Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

    Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

So I'm a Club Chairman...


football forum
 Share

Recommended Posts

I asked around if there are any amateur clubs on sale here in Peru and my friend from Ayacucho just gave me his club. Well, co directing it anyways as he's stepping back somewhat.

I'm hoping this goes down well xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sign up to remove this ad.
1 minute ago, Tsubasa said:

How many guinea pigs did that cost you?

He literally gave it to me free. It was a confidence thing as I supported his work for ages to come. I got lucky. I'm only co-owning it though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/17/2017 at 0:27 PM, Cannabis said:

I was a goalkeeper in the Everton Academy, fancy booking a flight for me to Peru so I can be the Peruvian Buffon?

I expect cocaine on my arrival @Blue.

Why go all the way over there when you have already cemented your place as an English buffoon over here??? 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Any O'Brien said:

All of the high strength cocaine that will be available in Peru and Brian is spending his time putting the cones out on a Sunday morning. 

Priorities, mate. 

I bet you'd love a Peruse of the gear over there. 

What a great pun that was. Like, really good. You better Belize it. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/19/2017 at 3:34 AM, Smiley Culture said:

What does co-owning a seemingly tiny, Sunday League equivalent side in Peru entail? 

Here in Peru, you can gain easy promotion to the top flight if you just put some money. Sport Huancayo won promotion to the top division in their second year of foundation. Same with Real Garcilaso.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/19/2017 at 5:46 AM, Any O'Brien said:

All of the high strength cocaine that will be available in Peru and Brian is spending his time putting the cones out on a Sunday morning. 

Priorities, mate. 

I don't often laugh at jokes aimed towards me, but this one got me. Fair play! xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

So, you’ve got money then? That’s the plan? 

I don't, I'm just answering your question. Peru is one of the most appealing places to start a football club if you have money. That or the MLS. 

Think Beckham who wants to start a franchise in Miami. Do you really think he wants to start in the 9th tier of England? Much better to go abroad and start elsewhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Blue said:

I don't, I'm just answering your question. Peru is one of the most appealing places to start a football club if you have money. That or the MLS. 

Think Beckham who wants to start a franchise in Miami. Do you really think he wants to start in the 9th tier of England? Much better to go abroad and start elsewhere.

obviously.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

obviously.

There is a difference between starting a football club and buying one.

If you want to start one and be successful, Peru and the USA are the 2 best places. If you want to buy one, you won't look at South America, never mind Peru. Can you imagine Abramovic spunking in money to a team in Huancayo? xD

Edited by Guest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

The Peruvian league is not a pro league, more like an amateur league. "Best place to invest besides the MLS" no wonder, atletico Madrid invested in a Peruvian team and not a second tier Mexican team.

A complete lie that its one of the best leagues to invest!!! La U fans and the Peruvian were practically begging Jorge vergara to buy La U, a team that is in debt, 10 TIMES what its worth! Vergara instead invested on a team from China.

 

 

You could have an opinion all you like, but no matter what you think, our league is full time with players on profesional contracts. The standard is shit, but the contracts being profesional is a fact.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but Atlético San Luis were not a club started by Atlético? You missed my point completely.

Anyways, India are another great place to start a football club.

 

8 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Talkfootball365.com should be the shirt sponsor :banana:

I actually asked Rab for TF365 to sponsor my website but it fell through :(

Edited by Guest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Stan said:

obviously.

 

38 minutes ago, Blue said:

There is a difference between starting a football club and buying one.

If you want to start one and be successful, Peru and the USA are the 2 best places. If you want to buy one, you won't look at South America, never mind Peru. Can you imagine Abramovic spunking in money to a team in Huancayo? xD

No way is a Peru a good place to start a football team. It would cost money, but I don't think there is any money if you are successful. It's a losing venture.

There is money to be made in the MLS. It's growing, there are international competitions which MLS teams already make it to the finals in, and there a load of prospects international that would rather live here, than in Mexico, Paraguay, or most other Latin American countries. Not to mention the television contracts the MLS has in place are a lot more money than the Peruvian league gets.

If the only goal was success, than why not go to a country like Hungary, that is rich with history, poor domestically at the moment, and has potential to really progress in the CL/EL if a team is given the right investment? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Eco said:

 

No way is a Peru a good place to start a football team. It would cost money, but I don't think there is any money if you are successful. It's a losing venture.

There is money to be made in the MLS. It's growing, there are international competitions which MLS teams already make it to the finals in, and there a load of prospects international that would rather live here, than in Mexico, Paraguay, or most other Latin American countries. Not to mention the television contracts the MLS has in place are a lot more money than the Peruvian league gets.

If the only goal was success, than why not go to a country like Hungary, that is rich with history, poor domestically at the moment, and has potential to really progress in the CL/EL if a team is given the right investment? 

Here is the thing with Peru, there have been a lot of nothing clubs in nothing regions of the country. That's because you start in the Copa Peru, the third tier and winning it will give you professional status and go to the Primera. Not the Segunda, but the Primera. 

The mining industry has helped sponsor some nothing clubs and get them easy promotion to the top flight. For example, Sport Huancayo and Real Garcilaso both gained promotion to the top flight in their second year of foundation, today both play in continental competitions. They were both founded less than 10 years ago.

I can't say I know a lot about Hungary but I don't think they promote you to the top flight via the third tier and I'd say we have a better league than the Hungarians anyways.

To start a football club, Peru is probably one of the most appealing if you know how the structure works. I'd add India and the MLS to that. Buying a club is a different matter.

I get what you're saying from a financial point of view. That's why no one starts football teams in Lima due to a lack of gold mines. People prefer to do it in a provincial area with good sponsors.

Edited by Guest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...