talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

So I'm a Club Chairman...

football forum

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

obviously.

There is a difference between starting a football club and buying one.

If you want to start one and be successful, Peru and the USA are the 2 best places. If you want to buy one, you won't look at South America, never mind Peru. Can you imagine Abramovic spunking in money to a team in Huancayo? xD

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

The Peruvian league is not a pro league, more like an amateur league. "Best place to invest besides the MLS" no wonder, atletico Madrid invested in a Peruvian team and not a second tier Mexican team.

A complete lie that its one of the best leagues to invest!!! La U fans and the Peruvian were practically begging Jorge vergara to buy La U, a team that is in debt, 10 TIMES what its worth! Vergara instead invested on a team from China.

You could have an opinion all you like, but no matter what you think, our league is full time with players on profesional contracts. The standard is shit, but the contracts being profesional is a fact.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but Atlético San Luis were not a club started by Atlético? You missed my point completely.

Anyways, India are another great place to start a football club.

8 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Talkfootball365.com should be the shirt sponsor :banana:

I actually asked Rab for TF365 to sponsor my website but it fell through :(

40 minutes ago, Stan said:

obviously.

38 minutes ago, Blue said:

There is a difference between starting a football club and buying one.

If you want to start one and be successful, Peru and the USA are the 2 best places. If you want to buy one, you won't look at South America, never mind Peru. Can you imagine Abramovic spunking in money to a team in Huancayo? xD

No way is a Peru a good place to start a football team. It would cost money, but I don't think there is any money if you are successful. It's a losing venture.

There is money to be made in the MLS. It's growing, there are international competitions which MLS teams already make it to the finals in, and there a load of prospects international that would rather live here, than in Mexico, Paraguay, or most other Latin American countries. Not to mention the television contracts the MLS has in place are a lot more money than the Peruvian league gets.

If the only goal was success, than why not go to a country like Hungary, that is rich with history, poor domestically at the moment, and has potential to really progress in the CL/EL if a team is given the right investment? 

6 minutes ago, Eco said:

No way is a Peru a good place to start a football team. It would cost money, but I don't think there is any money if you are successful. It's a losing venture.

There is money to be made in the MLS. It's growing, there are international competitions which MLS teams already make it to the finals in, and there a load of prospects international that would rather live here, than in Mexico, Paraguay, or most other Latin American countries. Not to mention the television contracts the MLS has in place are a lot more money than the Peruvian league gets.

If the only goal was success, than why not go to a country like Hungary, that is rich with history, poor domestically at the moment, and has potential to really progress in the CL/EL if a team is given the right investment? 

Here is the thing with Peru, there have been a lot of nothing clubs in nothing regions of the country. That's because you start in the Copa Peru, the third tier and winning it will give you professional status and go to the Primera. Not the Segunda, but the Primera. 

The mining industry has helped sponsor some nothing clubs and get them easy promotion to the top flight. For example, Sport Huancayo and Real Garcilaso both gained promotion to the top flight in their second year of foundation, today both play in continental competitions. They were both founded less than 10 years ago.

I can't say I know a lot about Hungary but I don't think they promote you to the top flight via the third tier and I'd say we have a better league than the Hungarians anyways.

To start a football club, Peru is probably one of the most appealing if you know how the structure works. I'd add India and the MLS to that. Buying a club is a different matter.

I get what you're saying from a financial point of view. That's why no one starts football teams in Lima due to a lack of gold mines. People prefer to do it in a provincial area with good sponsors.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Here is the thing with Peru, there have been a lot of nothing clubs in nothing regions of the country. That's because you start in the Copa Peru, the third tier and winning it will give you professional status and go to the Primera. Not the Segunda, but the Primera. 

The mining industry has helped sponsor some nothing clubs and get them easy promotion to the top flight. For example, Sport Huancayo and Real Garcilaso both gained promotion to the top flight in their second year of foundation, today both play in continental competitions. They were both founded less than 10 years ago.

I can't say I know a lot about Hungary but I don't think they promote you to the top flight via the third tier and I'd say we have a better league than the Hungarians anyways.

To start a football club, Peru is probably one of the most appealing if you know how the structure works. I'd add India and the MLS to that. Buying a club is a different matter.

I get what you're saying from a financial point of view. That's why no one starts football teams in Lima due to a lack of gold mines. People prefer to do it in a provincial area with good sponsors.

I don't think you understand my point. I'm taking about money. Unless you don't mind a losing expense report with no real ability to make the financial report in the green, then Peru is probably the place.

If I was starting a team, I wouldn't just worry about success, I would also want to be somewhere that has a history of success (Hungary), can play in a major international tournament, and somewhere that I can actually get success and turn a profit.

I don't think there is a profit to be made in Peru.

1 minute ago, Eco said:

I don't think you understand my point. I'm taking about money. Unless you don't mind a losing expense report with no real ability to make the financial report in the green, then Peru is probably the place.

If I was starting a team, I wouldn't just worry about success, I would also want to be somewhere that has a history of success (Hungary), can play in a major international tournament, and somewhere that I can actually get success and turn a profit.

No, I understood it. My answer to that is it depends, so you're not entirely wrong.

As I said Lima is a bad place to start a football club because there are no mining sponsors. In the Andes and some areas around the coast, the mines support the football club. As for the league profit, I doubt the main league profit will do enough but if you qualify for the Libertadores, that helps a lot. Just like Real Garcilaso (who's owner is a millionare I should mention).

In latinamerica, the best place to start a club is in Peru. Definitely just because of that gate to the top flight.

24 minutes ago, Eco said:

I completely forgot that this was a country....

Correct me if I'm wrong by the way. My finance knowledge isn't brilliant, but couldn't you just get promoted to the top flight and then sell the club when you're promoted for a good price? 

It just occured to me. Now I want these sponsors to support us xD

14 hours ago, Blue said:

Correct me if I'm wrong by the way. My finance knowledge isn't brilliant, but couldn't you just get promoted to the top flight and then sell the club when you're promoted for a good price? 

It just occured to me. Now I want these sponsors to support us xD

Unless you´re a really rich man, the fact it occured to you gives evidence you can´t sell it for a good price. We´re talking millions here. Euros not Sol.

On 21/12/2017 at 5:51 PM, Blue said:

I don't, I'm just answering your question. Peru is one of the most appealing places to start a football club if you have money. That or the MLS. 

Think Beckham who wants to start a franchise in Miami. Do you really think he wants to start in the 9th tier of England? Much better to go abroad and start elsewhere.

I’m sure Peru isn’t that good of a place to start a Football team. The income generated would be peanuts. 

5 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I’m sure Peru isn’t that good of a place to start a Football team. The income generated would be peanuts. 

Again if you reach the Libertadores then you'll get some income.

thats a task in itself though, to do that consistently anyways.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Blue said:

Mehish

Might already step down and just leave it to the current chairman :( 

That’s the spirit. If the going gets tough, get going. You’re in a position that most would like to do, money permitting.

Do what any self respecting chairman would do and give the members of TFF the opportunity to vote on club matters. 

In all seriousness, you’ve not been there long enough for any sort of plan, if you even have one, to be allowed time to come to fruition.

P.S what does the club’s shirt look like? If it’s any good, send me one  

3 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

That’s the spirit. If the going gets tough, get going. You’re in a position that most would like to do, money permitting.

Do what any self respecting chairman would do and give the members of TFF the opportunity to vote on club matters. 

In all seriousness, you’ve not been there long enough for any sort of plan, if you even have one, to be allowed time to come to fruition.

P.S what does the club’s shirt look like? If it’s any good, send me one  

The clubs shirt is unveiled on the 19th.

16 hours ago, Blue said:

Mehish

Might already step down and just leave it to the current chairman :( 

Oh gawd you are draining.

How can you step down from a position you don't have in real life, at a club that probably doesn't exist outside of your fantasies?

7 minutes ago, Eco said:

Oh gawd you are draining.

How can you step down from a position you don't have in real life, at a club that probably doesn't exist outside of your fantasies?

I am stepping down from a position I have in real life at a club that exists.

Look up Player Villafuerte. That's the club name. If you still don't believe me that's up to you but I'm good friends with the owner and he said he wanted me to help as he is looking for "a year off".

My problem was that I was chatting with all these sponsors and players with promises and the owner didn't really do much to support my ideas, even though he said he liked them.

Meh.

Archived