talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

So I'm a Club Chairman...

football forum

51 minutes ago, Blue said:

I am stepping down from a position I have in real life at a club that exists.

Look up Player Villafuerte. That's the club name. If you still don't believe me that's up to you but I'm good friends with the owner and he said he wanted me to help as he is looking for "a year off".

My problem was that I was chatting with all these sponsors and players with promises and the owner didn't really do much to support my ideas, even though he said he liked them.

Meh.

You’ve contradicted yourself a bit there. He wants a year off and you say he’s not doing much to support your ideas. Isn’t that why you’re there? Because he wants to spend less time involved with the club, so someone else (you) can take the club on during this sabbatical. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

You’ve contradicted yourself a bit there. He wants a year off and you say he’s not doing much to support your ideas. Isn’t that why you’re there? Because he wants to spend less time involved with the club, so someone else (you) can take the club on during this sabbatical. 

I think the bold part is precisely what he meant by "a year off" as his club have been somewhat successful in the region in the last 3 years.

Haven't gone yet though, we were chatting about sponsors this morning. I have no idea what I'll do xD

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I see the lad in the centre and the lad on the right forgot their boots and had to borrow black pumps from lost property.

the 2 on the right forgot their kit as well

8 hours ago, Blue said:

I am stepping down from a position I have in real life at a club that exists.

Look up Player Villafuerte. That's the club name. If you still don't believe me that's up to you but I'm good friends with the owner and he said he wanted me to help as he is looking for "a year off".

My problem was that I was chatting with all these sponsors and players with promises and the owner didn't really do much to support my ideas, even though he said he liked them.

Meh.

No doubt you just mentioned your local club, but any owner of a proper club would be nutty to put you in any position of authority. I'm not sure what leads you to create these crazy stories that you continue to do, but they are dreadfully old and tiresome.

And if, by chance, you were this wasn't a fabricated story, it makes you sound like an absolute prick. So you get this job that you act like it's just another gig (but it wouldn't be in real life), and you are going to 'step down' because no one will listen to you? I'm positive you made up this entire story because you thought no one on TF365 was listening to you.

8 minutes ago, Eco said:

No doubt you just mentioned your local club, but any owner of a proper club would be nutty to put you in any position of authority. I'm not sure what leads you to create these crazy stories that you continue to do, but they are dreadfully old and tiresome.

And if, by chance, you were this wasn't a fabricated story, it makes you sound like an absolute prick. So you get this job that you act like it's just another gig (but it wouldn't be in real life), and you are going to 'step down' because no one will listen to you? I'm positive you made up this entire story because you thought no one on TF365 was listening to you.

I don't live in Ayacucho xD

and the owner of the club is 27. Not much worse than me. Again believe what you want to as I could care less but the story is 100% true I'll tell you that much. If you want to be a wrong'un, up to you :)

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

I don't live in Ayacucho xD

and the owner of the club is 27. Not much worse than me. Again believe what you want to as I could care less but the story is 100% true I'll tell you that much. If you want to be a wrong'un, up to you :)

Okay, so you picked A local club. Congrats.

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

Besides, the thread has had some good banter and actual discussion, so I don't see the problem other than you being a negative wanker?

The banter is directed towards you because you are a drama queen who seriously is in constant need of attention. It gets old....fast.

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

Okay, so you picked A local club. Congrats.

The banter is directed towards you because you are a drama queen who seriously is in constant need of attention. It gets old....fast.

I didn't pick, I'm friends with the owner.

And they could be laughing at me or with me. It means the same to me. I couldnt care less. I don't see a problem here, and you shouldn't either.

• 1 month later...

They are actually asking me to help at a much smaller (and more local) club but I'd rather wait until I can actually start my own club.

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, Blue said:

They are actually asking me to help at a much smaller (and more local) club but I'd rather wait until I can actually start my own club.

so you're not actually a chairman of any club now?

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

so you're not actually a chairman of any club now?

Player Villafuerte still wants me to help but I don't actually have the money at the moment to make the trip there often. I could probably do marketing here in Lima but we'll see if I can support.

I'm doing local distrital football coverage here in Peru and they asked me to help find players at a club, but I told them I can't support financially.

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

This is so confusing. So you've resigned as chairman then?

Yes, but the club owner keeps tagging me in his posts on FB. I'm still a "part" of the club. I'd love to help but I'm not really doing anything xD

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

I feel your pain, Florentino Perez keeps tagging me in shit and he just doesn't get the message :ph34r:

Seriously though, shame how it worked out but probably for the best if it isn't something your heart is in.

I wouldn't say that, my heart was in it. The problem was I felt a bit powerless. He asked me to get a few sponsors, things were going well until I asked the REAL chairman for the club documents. He said he would send them to me and it took him about a month, when the sponsors lost interest. You could also tell I didn't really grasp at the whole negotiations thing. I should really stick to the footballing terms.

Just now, Cannabis said:

Yeah, stick to what you're good at. Why not appoint yourself as the manager or continue being a scout? That way you don't have to do the negotiations but can still do the football side of things. 

That's kind of what I'm aiming towards. This local team (a few blocks away from my house) called Defensor Espinar asked me to be their scout, and that's something I can actually try out but I'm still working out my strategies before I actually accept anything.

With Player Villafuerte I'll promote the team by sharing their FB posts which they tag me in but they aren't from Lima so it's gotten a bit tough for me.

Just now, Cannabis said:

Yeah commuting to Player sounds a bit rough (although you'll have to commute as a scout too). It'd be nice if you could make it happen, juggling the scouting with the journalism. Would certainly pay for a few holidays I'm sure xD. What level are this Espinar at? 

Second division Copa Peru, which is essentially the lowest tier in Peruvian football. 

In the Copa Peru distrital leagues, each district has a first and second division and Espinar were founded this year, so that's why they asked me. I highly doubt they'll pay me at all, maybe peanuts but even then I'm only 20 and its going to improve my CV from a scouting point of view.

Journalistic my CV is class. I've interviewed Mark Bosnich, Nolberto Solano, Aldo Corzo and Wynton Rufer. I'm not going to get arrogant as there is still lots to improve, but I'm happy with my progress since I started this just last year. 

15 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Ah, bit of a project then if they were only formed this year. Pretty much a blank canvas for you to work from :). Impressive CV too, quite an extensive list you've got there. Handy to have Bosnich too as you've obviously tapped into the markets outside of Peru. Who's the next target for an interview then? Would you be able to get some of the WC team to speak to you?

Hopefully someone else in the Peruvian national team, I also asked for James Troisi at one point but I doubt that will come through.

• Administrator
40 minutes ago, Blue said:

Second division Copa Peru, which is essentially the lowest tier in Peruvian football. 

In the Copa Peru distrital leagues, each district has a first and second division and Espinar were founded this year, so that's why they asked me. I highly doubt they'll pay me at all, maybe peanuts but even then I'm only 20 and its going to improve my CV from a scouting point of view.

Journalistic my CV is class. I've interviewed Mark Bosnich, Nolberto Solano, Aldo Corzo and Wynton Rufer. I'm not going to get arrogant as there is still lots to improve, but I'm happy with my progress since I started this just last year. 

hmmm.

Archived