talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

So I'm a Club Chairman...

football forum

55 minutes ago, Blue said:

Second division Copa Peru, which is essentially the lowest tier in Peruvian football. 

In the Copa Peru distrital leagues, each district has a first and second division and Espinar were founded this year, so that's why they asked me. I highly doubt they'll pay me at all, maybe peanuts but even then I'm only 20 and its going to improve my CV from a scouting point of view.

Journalistic my CV is class. I've interviewed Mark Bosnich, Nolberto Solano, Aldo Corzo and Wynton Rufer. I'm not going to get arrogant as there is still lots to improve, but I'm happy with my progress since I started this just last year. 

Ladrbokes are offering 1/25 that the whole story is made up. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Smiley Culture said:

Ladrbokes are offering 1/25 that the whole story is made up. 

Have fun losing money then :) 

Just now, Smiley Culture said:

What job are you going to have next week? Player-Manager? Physio? 

Hahahaha what a post.

I find it amusing that someone can be this hateful and negative over the internet.

2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Nothing hateful or negative there, just a serious question. 

Ladbrokes are offering 1/25 that it wasn't a serious question.

3 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

That isn’t a question, is it, Mr ‘class Journalist CV’?

I could link you to all these interviews and put you in your place if I wanted to, but I'm not going to because I don't see the point in trying to prove a point on the internet, something you seem hell bent on doing.

I think a thread title change is in order.

I have always been a big believe in Brian. In fact I think a scouting role is absolutely fucking perfect. He displays a vast knowledge of Football and has database of top South American talent stored away in his brain. Wouldn't be surprised to see him land a top role at a decent sized European club one day.

I suppose these days you don't have to study journalism in order to pursue it. Anyone can become a journalist because in today's world anyone can broadcast news information.

Own a blog or a facebook page, go around getting the odd interview, and call yourself a sports journalist.

10 hours ago, Toinho said:

Wait, what? How did you become 'chairman' did you attend an AGM? To my understanding, even amateur clubs can't just be fucking around and appointing people at random will.

I'm not saying I don't believe in my own abilities, but here the Copa Peru has 24,000 clubs. You'd think a few of them could appoint their friends.

Unless you're a very serious club which isn't always the case, then a lot of these clubs are really just to get footy teams together. There are about 150 clubs in the competition who are actually aspiring to win the tournament. Maybe a bit more.

Just now, Cannabis said:

Not really xD

Yes really

Its part of journalism. I can't name a single commentator who isn't a journalist.

Just now, Cannabis said:

Martin Tyler.

Don't have a clue about the UK but here in Peru and also up in Canada, most to all commentators are also journalists. Its a very similar role that are linked to one another.

The few commentators I have heard who aren't actually sports journalists are terrible. That's a VERY low number though. Usually they show up during the world cup.

16 hours ago, Blue said:

I could link you to all these interviews and put you in your place if I wanted to, but I'm not going to because I don't see the point in trying to prove a point on the internet, something you seem hell bent on doing.

The fact you can’t even differentiate between a question and a statement suggests that you’re probably not all you’re cracked up to be. 

1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

The fact you can’t even differentiate between a question and a statement suggests that you’re probably not all you’re cracked up to be. 

It wasn't a serious question, I just didn't want to give you the reaction you were looking for. Sorry.

• 1 month later...

So anyone remember when I was put as a club chairman? Well I'm looking for a job in Canada for some time and when I come back I'd like to start a team. Should be before New Years. I'm thinking of calling it Union Toronto and want to participate in a distrital league next year.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Blue said:

So anyone remember when I was put as a club chairman? Well I'm looking for a job in Canada for some time and when I come back I'd like to start a team. Should be before New Years. I'm thinking of calling it Union Toronto and want to participate in a distrital league next year.

not seen you mention it?

2 hours ago, Blue said:

Genuinely sympathise for the players, staff, and most importantly, the fans of your Peruvian team given you're actively trying to promote taking over another club on social media. This is after you have given them no financial investment. Those players and staff have families to feed, Brian. 

8 hours ago, Blue said:

Sounds easy. 

Archived