talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aubameyang Completes Arsenal Move For £60m

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.goal.com/en/news/pierre-emerick-aubameyang-guangzhou-evergrande-borussia/18w0me9xwxncw1sbmpe2vr5tsy

Aubameyang to Guangzhou Evergrande a done Deal?

Officials from the Gabon international's German club have not rejected stories that the striker will move to the Chinese Super League outfit
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is reported to have agreed a move to Guangzhou Evergrande, but Borussia Dortmund chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke expects speculation over the forward's future to continue.

Reports emerged in China on Saturday that the Super League club had beaten rivals Beijing Guoan to the Gabon international's signature, with the fee said to be €72 million and the transfer to be finalised at the end of the Bundesliga season.

This latest twist in what has been a long-running transfer saga is sure to anger Guoan if true, as the capital side had been considered favourites to secure Aubameyang's services.
Watzke refused to confirm the news, however, telling Kicker: "The speculation surrounding Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang will circle for as long as he plays here.

"We do not comment on that anymore."
Aubameyang has been prolific for Dortmund since signing for the German club in July 2013, scoring 98 top-flight goals.

But the 28-year-old's relationship with the Signal Iduna Park outfit has soured this season and he has been dropped more than once for disciplinary reasons.

Arsenal were said to be among his suitors, but Gunners boss Arsene Wenger insisted a move was "not a possibility".

Is this story for real? xD

This has to be a joke... What day of the year is Germany’s version of April Fool’s Day?

If this is true, Aubameyang isn’t even worth writing about.  What a retard and what a waste of space for football.

6 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Well, from a financial point of view: If he plays one season there, he's probably earned what he'd earn here in five seasons. 

That’s his own personal vision of things but we’re football fans and I would expect us all to look at it from a football perspective.  Europe has lost a talented footballer but as things stand while he plays in that league, he should’ve lost respect from the football community and also his career at the highest level possible without a doubt.

Aubemeyang is 28 and chose to play for Gabon over France. If they are paying him a ton, its not anyones fault that he wants to try the culture elsewhere. Realistically, he loses nothing. He may as well.

I don't like the thought of him going to China but its his decision really.

• Subscriber

Wasn't there a promising player from Schalke (I forget his name but I think he was Brazilian) that did something similar? Blows the mind how they would give up competitive football for an early pay-day when they're doing well.

• Subscriber

Im torn on this to be fair. Life span of a pro athelete is a short window so on the one hand i dont really blame them for jumping ship to earn as much as possible. The money he would make in China would set him and his family up long term. Not everyone's top priority is to play at the top level and compete for trophies.

From a fan's perspective sure your dissapointed if this happens to lose a top caliber player but i think hes earned the right to choose at the end of the day where his priorities lie. 

2 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Im torn on this to be fair. Life span of a pro athelete is a short window so on the one hand i dont really blame them for jumping ship to earn as much as possible. The money he would make in China would set him and his family up long term. Not everyone's top priority is to play at the top level and compete for trophies.

From a fan's perspective sure your dissapointed if this happens to lose a top caliber player but i think hes earned the right to choose at the end of the day where his priorities lie. 

I could see Aubameyang’s family on the breadline after a number of years from retiring to be honest. Shame on BvB for paying him or any other young(ish) player so little... players that have been in the same predicament playing in Europe’s top leagues.

• The title was changed to Aubameyang to Join Guangzhou Evergrande?
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I could see Aubameyang’s family on the breadline after a number of years from retiring to be honest. Shame on BvB for paying him or any other young(ish) player so little... players that have been in the same predicament playing in Europe’s top leagues.

First world problems right. Its not that bad but your probably talking like the difference between him buying Toyota Camry's for his family instead of Ferrari 458's B|

1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

First world problems right. Its not that bad but your probably talking like the difference between him buying Toyota Camry's for his family instead of Ferrari 458's B|

Is that what Dortmund players drive? O.o

Come on mate...

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Is that what Dortmund players drive? O.o

Come on mate...

No not at all I think your missing the point. Its a stupid amount of money; athletes have a short window to earn. Yes they are very well paid but here is an opportunity to back up a proverbial dump truck and load it full of gold and make off like a bandit and set yourself and your family up to live as rockstars for the entirety of your life and then some. Believe it or not there are many pro athletes that go broke once their out of sport.

Im not advocating one way or the other and I can empathize with both arguements. Everyone has different priorities.

7 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Aubamayang has always come across as a bit of a cock and he isn't good enough to justify such behaviour.

A German journalist described his revent behaviour as "Affenzirkus" which is just a German term for a Charade or a madhouse. But because the word "Affe" (Monkey) was in it, Auba claimed it was racist and threw a fit, and his father threatened to leave the country immediately on Instagram. His whole family seems to be a bunch of arrogant numbskulls. 

55 minutes ago, Tommy said:

A German journalist described his revent behaviour as "Affenzirkus" which is just a German term for a Charade or a madhouse. But because the word "Affe" (Monkey) was in it, Auba claimed it was racist and threw a fit, and his father threatened to leave the country immediately on Instagram. His whole family seems to be a bunch of arrogant numbskulls. 

It's not just his family. This is the modus operandi for the majority of western people younger than 60 years old: See racism and sexism everywhere. Be offended at every chance and claim moral superiority. 

8 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

It's not just his family. This is the modus operandi for the majority of western people younger than 60 years old: See racism and sexism everywhere. Be offended at every chance and claim moral superiority. 

Yea, but with his family it's a special case. He even brought them announced to the training camp, while the other players left their loved ones at home. 

• The title was changed to Aubameyang Completes Arsenal Move For £60m

Archived