talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aubameyang Completes Arsenal Move For £60m

22 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

We do need a striker but I am not really that excited as the same problems will remain with the defence and midfield.

We should’ve signed Iñigo Martínez who has just gone to Athletic Bilbao from Real Sociedad for €36m (£30m) to replace Aymeric Laporte who’s gone to Man City from Athletic.  That was the last real bargain away from the crazy prices due to his buy-out clause.  A top top defender and everything we needed.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

We should’ve signed Iñigo Martínez who has just gone to Athletic Bilbao from Real Sociedad for €36m (£30m) to replace Aymeric Laporte who’s gone to Man City from Athletic.  That was the last real bargain away from the crazy prices due to his buy-out clause.  A top top defender and everything we needed.

We would of known about him if we scout players properly.

1 minute ago, VanPaddy said:

@SirBalon Its like Wenger buys his players by their ratings on Fifa 18,  going for bigger name players but its worrying that no one else wants them, same as Ozil, if he was really in demand he would of left now.

Not for me mate... For me Wenger has been working to satisfy the shareholders.  Because if it’s not that then the only thing I can think of is that he’s been on a narcissistic trip wanting to finish victorious without doing what other coaches do.  Whichever one of the two it is or anything else, then all we have is the proof of our slow cooking eventual fall.

But let’s stay off the Wenger stuff on here and take it to the Arsenal thread mate.  ;)

I want to cite both @Tommy and @BartraPique1932 on this one because they should know best from our members at TF365.

Most people that follow football will know Aubameyang’s name and more or less what he’s all about. But you guys that follow the ins and outs... What have we signed and that includes the last two years where it’s not been so rosy?

3 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Seems like a low price given his record in a decent league.  

Lacazette has been awful so it's good they acted swiftly rather then continUig with him. Hodgson signed Suarez so maybe this could be his last good thing he does.

Dalglish signed Suarez mate. 

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I want to cite both @Tommy and @BartraPique1932 on this one because they should know best from our members at TF365.

Most people that follow football will know Aubameyang’s name and more or less what he’s all about. But you guys that follow the ins and outs... What have we signed and that includes the last two years where it’s not been so rosy?

A pacey striker who's a good finisher but also a trouble maker (with a trouble making family) who hates to defend. 

football forum
Just now, Tommy said:

A pacey striker who's a good finisher but also a trouble maker (with a trouble making family) who hates to defend. 

I get the feeling that Auba won't last as long in the Premier League as everyone thinks, I don't think he has the work ethic to light the place up. 

6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

So he’s in some way related to Anelka?

Thanks for that mate. That actually explains many things about his time at BvB. 

5 hours ago, SirBalon said:

What the fuck!? Sociedad is crazy! They just sold their talisman second to Prieto.

14 minutes ago, Spike said:

What the fuck!? Sociedad is crazy! They just sold their talisman second to Prieto.

They didn’t want to sell him and they’re pissed off royally mate!

But they couldn’t do anything about it because of his buy-out clause and he didn’t want to renew. His new buy-out clause has been set at €80m which isn’t what Athletic Bilbao wanted but a lot better than what Real Sociedad got. 

Remember he was minutes away from signing for Barcelona in the summer which in my personal opinion was a mistake by them because where do you get someone of his quality for that price now?

Imagine the amount of goals we'll score and the amount of goals we'll concede with this. It will be glorious.

Ospina
Koscielny ------ Monreal
Bellerin ------------------------------------ Kolasinac
Ramsey ------ Wilshere
Ozil ------ Mkhitaryan
Lacazette ------ Aubameyang

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

They didn’t want to sell him and they’re pissed off royally mate!

But they couldn’t do anything about it because of his buy-out clause and he didn’t want to renew. His new buy-out clause has been set at €80m which isn’t what Athletic Bilbao wanted but a lot better than what Real Sociedad got. 

Remember he was minutes away from signing for Barcelona in the summer which in my personal opinion was a mistake by them because where do you get someone of his quality for that price now?

Profound sadness. At least at Barcelona he'd win everything and not be playing for an arch-rival. So did they pay 72million for him?

Archived