talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Die Mannschaft: Hopefuls

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would not bring Leno, khedira, rüddiger. I don't see consistency there.  

Third string keeper probably keep trapp on the list  doubt he will see any playing time anyhow

I wouldn't bring Kruse.  

Front three: sane Werner stindl 

i liked stindl at the tournament this past summer.  Admittedly only place I really noticed him

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, The Käiser said:

I would not bring Leno, khedira, rüddiger. I don't see consistency there.  

Third string keeper probably keep trapp on the list  doubt he will see any playing time anyhow

I wouldn't bring Kruse.  

Front three: sane Werner stindl 

i liked stindl at the tournament this past summer.  Admittedly only place I really noticed him

I don't think the 3rd keeper is important to be fair. Not a big fan of Khedira at all, but he's got a lot of experience and can still be useful as a back up. I'd rather have him than Gündogan. Rüdiger? Well, Hummels and Boateng are surely first choice, and I'd rather have Rüdiger and Süle as backup than Mustafi or Tah, for example.
As for Kruse, I put him there mostly due to my Werder rose- (or rather green)-coloured-glasses, although I really don't think he's any worse than Wagner, Gomez or Stindl.

Most probable German squad:

1. Neuer 27.png
  2. Ter Stegen barcelona.png
  3. Trapp 1457.png
  4. Kimmich 27.png
  5. Boateng 27.png
  6. Hummels 27.png
  7. Mustafi 263.jpg?size=30x&4
  8. Rüdiger 363.png&h=30&w=30
  9. Süle 27.png
  10. Hector 9.png
  11. Kroos 2016.png
  12. Gündogan 382.png&h=30&w=30
  13. Can 364.png&h=30&w=30
  14. Goretzka 694.png
  15. Khedira juventus-turin.gif
  16. Özil 263.jpg?size=30x&4
  17. Götze 258.png
  18. Draxler 1457.png
  19. Reus 258.png
  20. Sané 382.png&h=30&w=30
  21. Müller 27.png
  22. Werner 29680.png
  23. Schürrle 258.png

Now you can make fun of me for implying that Reus and Gündogan won't be injured next summer.

What I would pick:

1. Neuer 27.png
  2. Ter Stegen barcelona.png
  3. Fährmann 694.png
  4. Kimmich 27.png
  5. Boateng 27.png
  6. Hummels 27.png
  7. Mustafi 263.jpg?size=30x&4
  8. Rüdiger 363.png&h=30&w=30
  9. Süle 27.png
  10. Hector 9.png
  11. Kroos 2016.png
  12. Gündogan 382.png&h=30&w=30
  13. Can 364.png&h=30&w=30
  14. Goretzka 694.png
  15. Khedira juventus-turin.gif
  16. Özil 263.jpg?size=30x&4
  17. Götze 258.png
  18. Draxler 1457.png
  19. Reus 258.png
  20. Sané 382.png&h=30&w=30
  21. Müller 27.png
  22. Werner 29680.png
  23. Schürrle 258.png

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Tsubasa said:

Why would so many people pick Leno? Overrated keeper. 

This. Hes living on past prestige, its been a few years since he was good imo. Id rather have Ulreich, i think hes played better durring this last run of games but naturally Im bias :ph34r:

Not that third string really matters but Fährmann was a good shout.

I wasn't putting too much thought in it as we are talking about the 3rd goalkeeper. I don't really mind if it's Leno, Trapp, Zieler or maybe Baumann.

Fährmann is a very old-fashioned goalkeeper but he surely is a great shot-stopper.

And shame on those of you who seriously would nominate Timo Werner :P

On 12/18/2017 at 5:04 PM, Viva la FCB said:

This. Hes living on past prestige, its been a few years since he was good imo. Id rather have Ulreich, i think hes played better durring this last run of games but naturally Im bias :ph34r:

Not that third string really matters but Fährmann was a good shout.

I think Leno has been very good these last couple of months. The thing with Leno is that he will usually be solid, and will have a few absolutely match winning performances in a season, but he will also be abysmal in 3-4 games per season, likely losing the game for the the team. He was always like this.  

Hi Relling - nice to be ion contact with you again after the years have rolled by - your usual sensible post which I have no wish to contradict but perhaps you can tell me why Schurlle is still being talked about - almost like picking Di Santo for Argentine.....

On 20.12.2017 at 5:24 PM, SchalkeUK said:

Hi Relling - nice to be ion contact with you again after the years have rolled by - your usual sensible post which I have no wish to contradict but perhaps you can tell me why Schurlle is still being talked about - almost like picking Di Santo for Argentine.....

Nice indeed, sir :)

And I share the surprise of Schürrle being mentioned. BartraPique1932, do you think there is any reason to believe he will start playing, and playing convinsingly for Dortmund in the near future?

• 4 months later...
On 12/21/2017 at 18:16, Relling said:

Nice indeed, sir :)

And I share the surprise of Schürrle being mentioned. BartraPique1932, do you think there is any reason to believe he will start playing, and playing convinsingly for Dortmund in the near future?

Hello,

Sorry for the late response, but I didn't notice your post earlier. It depends on who's going to be our next coach. It's likely going to be Favre, who can make use of players like Schürrle. He'd test Schürrle for half a season or a season I assume.

In case we're getting Nagelsmann, Schürrle will likely be sold this summer.

Archived