talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup Quarter-Final Match Chat - 19-20th December, 2017

football forum

• Subscriber
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Are you actually going to sit there and deny the decisions being given by referees lately isn’t bordering on Sky corruption? 

It’s not even debatable how bad the decisions are getting. 

xD where was this on all of the countless occasions that Liverpool or other more fashionable clubs got the rub of the green?

Refereeing is just shite in general in England. I could accept a theory that the FA deliberately do nothing about it because they want to keep the entertainment and debate they get out of it but not that anyone's fiddling matches.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Well the only other explanation is that the referees are fed thick as fuck tablets before every game because the decisions they are making are beyond stupid. 

to be fair Jon Moss and Bobby Madley are 2 of the worst. As is Craig Pawson.

However all the shit Madley gets, he did brilliantly to get the dives by Gundogan and Walker correct. 

Ok maybe corrupt was too stronger word, but it’s not totally unbelievable for the referees to be ‘encouraged’ to give controversial decisions to create extra drama for the viewing public. 

The penalties that are being given lately aren’t even debatable ffs. 

15 minutes ago, HK85 said:

You didn't need to sunshine, we all know what you meant. 

We are talking about poor refereeing lately and how it’s getting worse, especially in games televised by Sky and BT. 

Things aren’t always about Everton, although they have been given 3 penalties in 3 games for absolutely nothing :ph34r:

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Ok maybe corrupt was too stronger word, but it’s not totally unbelievable for the referees to be ‘encouraged’ to give controversial decisions to create extra drama for the viewing public. 

The penalties that are being given lately aren’t even debatable ffs. 

I simply believe that because referees aren't held accountable for mistakes the pressure isn't really there for them to make sure they're fully alert and in position.

On the other hand it sounds like even with VAR some referees see the video replay and still make clearly incorrect decisions which points towards them just being clueless mugs who don't actually know the rules. Counter point, there are so many grey areas in so many rules now it's almost impossible to keep track.

I don't know why there have been so many controversial penalties lately. I didn't see this Leicester one, but while I've seen some "soft" penalties lately (mostly ours) I wouldn't say that any of them were definitely not penalties apart from when Jonjoe Kenny was fouled outside the box last night and perhaps the Lanzini one at the weekend but I only really saw that in passing.

• Administrator

the irony of us going out on penalties after getting back in to it through a dodgy one xD

And the irony of 2 star players missing the penalties in the shootout. Ugh. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Vardy and Mahrez miss. Not only have they wasted their energy ahead of the United game they actually caused their team to lose. Probably should have rested them entirely to be honest.

then we wouldn't have equalised to get to penalties to possibly get to the semis :D

• Subscriber

We always have to make it agonising don't we the way we go out of cups. We put a hell of a lot into that game and have more than likely no Okazaki this weekend and no Gray for two games to show for it.

Team line-up cost us for me. I think if we'd started with the kind of side we finished with we may have nicked it.

Won't blast Vardy or Mahrez as it happens, although Mahrez simply can't take another penalty. His record is diabolical.

7 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

This is getting ridiculous now. Teams getting battered that are far inferior getting gifts by referees that can’t wait to point to the spot in order to steal the limelight.  

Instead of giving players bans for diving, how about sacking fame hungry referees after every shite decision like this one? 

Absolute disgrace. 

Have to agree with this, as always LFCMadLad is spot on   ...that Leicester player should be banned too for a clear dive, sent the game into an unnecessary extra time, luckily with 9 reserves  on the field the 1st team stays fresh for Bournemouth in 3 days time

Have to say, Man City's youngsters deserve enormous credit for last night. Obviously they are a very talented bunch and they could have easily caved after conceding a 96th penalty that most definitely wasn't a penalty. You'd think with youngsters, conceding like that would get in their heads and might either lead to capitulation or frustration.

However, the resolve and character of them to forget it and concentrate on winning the game again was exemplary. This is a fantastic sign for City because it shows the kind of mentality that is being bred from first team level to youth level. And I think you could tell by Pep's reaction at the end of the game that was the thing that pleased him most.

Soft pen for the Foxes, so Arsenal and City already in the semi final. Hope we don't fuck up tonight, as we will probably field a very mixed team ahead of Everton. It is confirmed Michy and Kenedy will start so that means Morata and Alonso will both miss out. Luiz still out and doesn't look like he will be back any time soon.

4 hours ago, True Blue said:

Soft pen for the Foxes, so Arsenal and City already in the semi final. Hope we don't fuck up tonight, as we will probably field a very mixed team ahead of Everton. It is confirmed Michy and Kenedy will start so that means Morata and Alonso will both miss out. Luiz still out and doesn't look like he will be back any time soon.

Ampadu should start

16 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Conte stated that Ampadu, Dujon Sterling and Callum Hudson-Odoi will be in the team, obviously not all starting. It would be refreshing to see them on the bench at least.

Ampadu is always on the bench. He started again ST Everton with no fault, no reason why he shouldn' now, especially partnered with someone experienced

17 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Ampadu is always on the bench. He started again ST Everton with no fault, no reason why he shouldn' now, especially partnered with someone experienced

Think him and Drinkwater would be a good option.

-------------------------------------Caballero-------------------------------------------

Rudiger------------------------Christensen--------------------------------Cahill

Zappacosta-------Drinkwater------Ampadu---------------------Kenedy

----------------Pedro----------------------------------Dijon/Odoi

------------------------------------Michy---------------------------------------------------

Apart from Dijon/Odoi i think that would be the best team to put out. We would have plenty of fresh legs against Everton.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I think @Stan should be on now giving us shit about playing a weakened team in the Cup... 

given that you can't win the league and theres no Champions League games coming up, I don't see why you're not playing a full strength side.

Just now, Stan said:

given that you can't win the league and theres no Champions League games coming up, I don't see why you're not playing a full strength side.

Well we can win the league as its not over yet... and we have a tough early away game against an in form Everton to consider.... 

We will start off with what we have and if it looks like we can get something then we can send on 2 or 3 stronger players to try and rescue the situation... :ph34r:

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Well we can win the league as its not over yet... and we have a tough early away game against an in form Everton to consider.... 

We will start off with what we have and if it looks like we can get something then we can send on 2 or 3 stronger players to try and rescue the situation... :ph34r:

sounds like the perfect plan ;) 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived