talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup Quarter-Final Match Chat - 19-20th December, 2017

football forum

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Lucas said:

Have to say, Man City's youngsters deserve enormous credit for last night. Obviously they are a very talented bunch and they could have easily caved after conceding a 96th penalty that most definitely wasn't a penalty. You'd think with youngsters, conceding like that would get in their heads and might either lead to capitulation or frustration.

However, the resolve and character of them to forget it and concentrate on winning the game again was exemplary. This is a fantastic sign for City because it shows the kind of mentality that is being bred from first team level to youth level. And I think you could tell by Pep's reaction at the end of the game that was the thing that pleased him most.

I don't see how people can seriously question Pep's coaching credentials anymore. That team they had out last night should've been battered given the number of kids they played but they actually played some pretty good football. While it wasn't anything like de Bruyne, Silva etc... they still outplayed us for large periods.

We weren't full strength though like some said. Simpson, Ndidi and Morgan the obvious misses and then of course it's a different ball game when Vardy, Mahrez and Gray played against a side who were winning 0-1 rather than drawing 0-0.

I think we blew a chance yesterday. I think if we'd started our first eleven we'd have won. Yet we didn't, didn't give the players the rest we clearly intended to and are probably weakened for this weekend if anything, although I'm hearing Gray has gotten away with a retrospective ban (I STILL haven't seen it back) which by all accounts he's a lucky boy.

Not good enough from Puel for me. Black mark against his name I'm afraid.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, Kitchen Sales said:

Hate this camera angle at Bristol City. It's like watching the game hanging out of a helicopter

haha do you follow football cliches on Twitter? or seen the account?

• Administrator

So Pogba has committed 2 fouls worthy of a booking and Martial has handballed in the box. All not punished by the Mike Dean.

Pogba's 2nd foul was nowhere near the ball either xD 

• Administrator

after all that was said yesterday, I'd be gutted if Man City got Bristol City in the next round xD 

Fair play to Bristol City though. Played out their skins and deserved the victory 100%.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived