talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup Quarter-Final Match Chat - 19-20th December, 2017

football forum

• Subscriber

Sky Sports absolutely melting down over a pitch invasion. Their vision of football is depressing and poisonous.

Made up for Bristol City. Absolutely nothing but credit for them, named a proper side (despite them having a hell of a lot to play for in the league) and got the most euphoric of wins.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mourinho only sees luck when it goes against him. He doesn't understand that luck is behind almost everything in football to some degree. 

Every goal they score is deserved, every chance they miss is bad luck, and almost every goal they concede is bad luck. He can't even grasp this glaring logical asymmetry in how he looks at football. 

He talks about them missing chances but says nothing about how their only goal came from 1: a lucky ref mistake and 2: a lucky deflection.

I don't believe he's being facetious. I genuinely think he lacks the ability to look at his team's performance objectively. 

That's not a small weakness for a manager to have. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

We've been shit. Just goes to show the major weakness in our squad, quality in depth. 

Kenedy and Batshuayi just not good enough. 

I haven't seen the first half because of work (will watch it back at some point) but caught the second.

Thought we were really comfortable and I didn't really panic much when Bournemouth scored but yeah 37M for Drinkwater (someone who reads the game well and plugs a gap) and 25M for Zappa, we could have spent more wisely in the summer. I'll judge the new lads come the end of the season but yeah a bit meh so far.

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Happily take Drinkwater back xD

I like him mate and I thought he was very decent for you lot but don't particularly rate him. He works hard (this is why I don't want to be too critical of him), reads the game well and covers a lot of ground (in that sense he makes us balanced which is what Conte likes) and he'll follow tactical instructions well and he has a good understanding of the game, combine that with what I mentioned previously, he's perfect for Conte. Could be useful for England in that sense as well but then again England never have a clear identity anyway.

Yes the prices for players are increasing but 37M? No thanks. Drinkwater doesn't have Vardy running into space to pick out a pass now and again either, he's too limited on the ball and plugs a gap in the team and that's it for me, Conte will like that but on a personal note I'm a bit meh about him. He's useful for what Conte wants (a good signing in that sense) and we needed another midfielder but can't help think we could of spent more wisely, not just with Drinkwater but overall. Reckon he'll play the role as a squad player for 2-3 years and eventually move on in search of more playing time.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Sky Sports absolutely melting down over a pitch invasion. Their vision of football is depressing and poisonous.

Made up for Bristol City. Absolutely nothing but credit for them, named a proper side (despite them having a hell of a lot to play for in the league) and got the most euphoric of wins.

Sky Sports is for wimps. 

• Subscriber
39 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

I like him mate and I thought he was very decent for you lot but don't particularly rate him. He works hard (this is why I don't want to be too critical of him), reads the game well and covers a lot of ground (in that sense he makes us balanced which is what Conte likes) and he'll follow tactical instructions well and he has a good understanding of the game, combine that with what I mentioned previously, he's perfect for Conte. Could be useful for England in that sense as well but then again England never have a clear identity anyway.

Yes the prices for players are increasing but 37M? No thanks. Drinkwater doesn't have Vardy running into space to pick out a pass now and again either, he's too limited on the ball and plugs a gap in the team and that's it for me, Conte will like that but on a personal note I'm a bit meh about him. He's useful for what Conte wants (a good signing in that sense) and we needed another midfielder but can't help think we could of spent more wisely, not just with Drinkwater but overall. Reckon he'll play the role as a squad player for 2-3 years and eventually move on in search of more playing time.

Agree that you overpaid and while I was sad to see him go, I couldn't complain at that price. It was what followed him leaving that his frustrated us this year. No matter what we do this season the Adrien Silva situation will make us wonder what if.

I don't really see why you spent that much on him and then loaned out Loftus-Cheek. Different players I know but surely this was the ideal time to bring Reuben Loftus-Cheek through with a void in midfield, not overpay us for a good, but not top class midfielder.

Counting down the days until Adrien can play for us. He should've made his debut at home to you, turns out he'll make his league debut away at your place.

8 hours ago, Stan said:

Jose saying Bristol City were 'lucky'. 

Give over, man. 

How much fucking money have utd spent! Fuck of José you diarrhoea ass wipe

Full team of superstars vs poor little Bristol and you get outplayed and kicked out? Hope Teso is ok since they just lost all their chances for any silverware really. Fucking hell they started Rashford-Zlatan-Martial and still didn't managed a shot on goal in the first half xD

#JoseOut

• The topic was unpinned

Archived