talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Your Favourite Breakfast

football forum

• Administrator

Sundays are fry-up days or bacon rolls with brown sauce.

Fry-up includes:
Bacon
Sausages
Beans
Hash browns
Fried or scrambled eggs

Not a fan of mushrooms or tomatoes. 

Most weekdays will just be cereal (gotta keep it healthy during the week). Cereals include Bran Flakes, Crunchy Nut, Weetabix or Honey Nut Cheerios.

Does anyone else agree that 'breakfast is the most important meal of the day?' I've missed it a couple of times recently and people at work seem shocked and tell me this xD 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it is important. However I have never had an appetite for breakfast. I had a buffet the last two mornings and couldn't get past 1-2 smallish plates of food.

I always eat fruit and yoghurt, sometimes adding a vitamin or energy jelly into the mix.

Unfortunately years of bad brekkies = fat git so dieting now, but don't really mind so much. At weekend I have bacon, scrambled eggs and plum tomatoes with chili. During the working week i enjoy real oat porridge (i.e. not a pre-made unhealthy option) Oats are really good at lowering cholesterol too - mines actually quite low now.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Cocaine said:

Unfortunately years of bad brekkies = fat git so dieting now, but don't really mind so much. At weekend I have bacon, scrambled eggs and plum tomatoes with chili. During the working week i enjoy real oat porridge (i.e. not a pre-made unhealthy option) Oats are really good at lowering cholesterol too - mines actually quite low now.

good point actually. I sometimes have porridge as that's meant to be quite healthy.

Not a huge fan of breakfast, I usually just have a big glass of water first thing. On a weekend you can't beat a sausage/bacon sandwich, fry up or a McDonald's sausage and egg McMuffin meal with a hash brown. A fry up has to be - sausage, fried egg, hash brown, tomatoes, beans, bacon, fried bread, toast.

Not much of a breakfast person, weekdays I'll have a protein shake and a boiled egg - just something to tie me over until mid-morning. Weekend I'll have similar but my go-to are couple poached eggs on a crumpet instead. 

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Can't beat a fry up. Stans got it spot on as well. No mushrooms or tomato, hash browns are an absolute must.

now you know what I like I expect breakfast in bed each morning please :) 

I loved it as a kid and still love it... Farley's Rusks (about six of them) in a bowl with hot milk and a Spanish hot chocolate powder (to make it slightly chocolaty) called Cola-Cao. Just thinking about it makes me want to make it now.

That keeps me going all morning. 

Never have breakfast during the week. Normally have a bacon and egg butty (brown sauce) on a Saturday or Sunday morning. 

Perfect fry up for me would be bacon, sausage, black pudding, beans, mushrooms, fried egg and toast.

The previous nights leftover pizza is a favourite of mine too.

• Subscriber

I'm not a breakfast person, unless I haven't slept enough, then I'm just hungry all the time.

A glass of orange juice is ideal. Used to be coffee, but I can't handle it anymore, especially not on an empty stomach :(

21 hours ago, Tsubasa said:

A good ol' Käsebrötchen!

artikel_0000222_b_1.jpg

And of course, Mettbrötchen, but that's consumable at any day or night time!

2e1d96b213f31e5fa101b84fc94813b1.jpg

Damn you Germans are good. You put that in front of me in the morning and I'd eat breakfast every morning.

• 1 year later...
  • Subscriber

During the week, usually a toast and glass of water or cereal and a glass of water. The odd weekend I have a bigger brekkie, consisting ofn the following.

-Scrambled egg

-Kebabs

-Potato waffles

-Fish fingers

-Samosa 

-Halal spicy sausages

-Hash browns

-Mint tea or coffee

• Subscriber
On 12/03/2017 at 12:14, Stan said:

Fry-up includes:
Bacon
Sausages
Beans
Hash browns
Fried or scrambled eggs

That does sound nice but no beans please, I had enough of them in my army days when the beans were all recycled through the week in the cookhouse to save out on costs, eat beans on a Sat morning that were really Mon morning beans recycled, yuk.

To be honest, nowadays I can go without breakfast first thing in the morning and a cup of coffee does me and then maybe a brunch later on, every now and then the wife will make me a fry up like above but she won't touch black pudding as she cannot stand even looking at that let alone cooking it and haggis, when I have a breakfast at our local community cafe it will be a full Scottish breakfast of...

Bacon, sausages, fried (runny) eggs, hash browns, black pudding, rolled haggis, toast and a glass of pure orange juice.

Archived