• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Real Madrid target Mo Salah

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

I wish someone would just fucking nuke Spain. 

then you wouldn't have been able to get Fernando Torres or Pepe Reina. Swings and roundabouts. 

If he continues like this it's an inevitable move really as Madrid could really use him as a merchandise tool around Arabic countries.

I'm still quite surprised they didn't nab Pogba when they had the chance. There was a major tournament that summer in his home nation where he's the focal point of their midfield and his brand is arguably worth more in terms of marketability than he is worth in performances

3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

If he continues like this it's an inevitable move really as Madrid could really use him as a merchandise tool around Arabic countries.

I'm still quite surprised they didn't nab Pogba when they had the chance. There was a major tournament that summer in his home nation where he's the focal point of their midfield and his brand is arguably worth more in terms of marketability than he is worth in performances

I read today that Salah has more than doubled what we paid for him through merchandise etc etc. 

As you eluded to, he’s more than just a great player, he’s an absolute gold mine. 

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I read today that Salah has more than doubled what we paid for him through merchandise etc etc. 

As you eluded to, he’s more than just a great player, he’s an absolute gold mine. 

I'd love to see those figures that show Liverpool selling 1,400,000 Mo Salah shirts:ph34r:

12 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

I'd love to see those figures that show Liverpool selling 1,400,000 Mo Salah shirts:ph34r:

When he signed for us we instantly had the whole of Egypt become Liverpool supporters. He’s their best players and is worshiped over there. Not only that, he’s about to win the APOY award. 

Hes basically paid for himself and much more on top. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

When he signed for us we instantly had the whole of Egypt become Liverpool supporters. Not only that, he’s about to win the APOY award. 

Im just going to come in here and say it before anyone else. "But does he really improve us?" 

Putting that aside I love what Mo brings to this team and I love the fact that hes a smiling assassin with the way he goes about doing his work too. As for Real Madrid, if not them then someone else is going to come sooner rather than later.

6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

When he signed for us we instantly had the whole of Egypt become Liverpool supporters. He’s their best players and is worshiped over there. Not only that, he’s about to win the APOY award. 

I suppose if every car in Egypt had a Mo Salah bobbing head on the dashboard it's possible :ph34r:

16 minutes ago, HK85 said:

It'll have to be through other means than shirt sales because no club has ever directly recouped what they paid for a player that way.*

*according to something I read a while back.

Well that’s totally wrong, wherever you read it. 

We made massive profits on Mascherano, Alonso, Torres, Suarez etc etc. United made massive profits on Rooney and Ronaldo etc etc Chelsea made massive profits on Hazard and Drogba etc etc Arsenal with Henry, Newcastle with Shearer etc etc 

7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

We made massive profits on Mascherano, Alonso, Torres, Suarez etc etc. United made massive profits on Rooney and Ronaldo etc etc Chelsea made massive profits on Hazard and Drogba etc etc 

:bye:

10 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

We made massive profits on Mascherano, Alonso, Torres, Suarez etc etc. United made massive profits on Rooney and Ronaldo etc etc Chelsea made massive profits on Hazard and Drogba etc etc Arsenal with Henry, Newcastle with Shearer etc etc 

Found it. Bit further down in the article. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/the-set-pieces-blog/2016/aug/24/transfer-window-market-myths

Not from shirt sales alone. 

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Pogba was only interested in returning to United.  So he says, could be true.

5 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Found it. Bit further down in the article. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/the-set-pieces-blog/2016/aug/24/transfer-window-market-myths

Not from shirt sales alone. 

Not read it but I can imagine it’s shite mate. 

Do you think Chelsea didn’t make any money from shirt sales from them signing Lampard? 

5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Not read it but I can imagine it’s shite mate. 

Do you think Chelsea didn’t make any money from shirt sales from them signing Lampard? 

Something like that when a player is at a club for a long time is the only one I can see it being close to. 

Making money? Absolutely. To cover a transfer fee? No chance. You don't get 100% of shirt sales. 

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

I have my doubts that this is true, I read the same thing as HK85. But let's say it is true. Let's not all rejoice and celebrate Saint Mo making LFC all this money. It means nothing unless we do something with it. Preferably in January.

Archived