talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Real Madrid target Mo Salah

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I have my doubts that this is true, I read the same thing as HK85. But let's say it is true. Let's not all rejoice and celebrate Saint Mo making LFC all this money. It means nothing unless we do something with it. Preferably in January.

doubt it :D 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Not read it but I can imagine it’s shite mate. 

Do you think Chelsea didn’t make any money from shirt sales from them signing Lampard? 

Lampard was at Chelsea how long? The article explains why clubs generally don't make money on big signings through selling merchandise. Never mind after less than a season

Just now, Stan said:

doubt it :D 

I do too.

Clubs get very little money from individual shirt sales, the vast majority goes to the manufacturer. There are ways that a big name signing can increase revenues such as helping sell tickets, or raising the profile of the club and attracting bigger sponsorship deals, etc. but anyone who says a club has recouped a big transfer fee from shirt sales alone (especially after only a few months) is talking straight out of their arse.

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I have my doubts that this is true, I read the same thing as HK85. But let's say it is true. Let's not all rejoice and celebrate Saint Mo making LFC all this money. It means nothing unless we do something with it. Preferably in January.

I’m not arsed how much money he brings in. My point was Mike that these things should be considered when negotiating his sale fee. It’s not just what he’s worth as a player, it’s about the whole package. 

Fuck this anyway, hopefully he ain’t going nowhere. 

• Subscriber

Its all really speculation right now but I hope he stays. The potential he's showing and the summer signings coming in will only make this team better. It'd be a shame considering who all will be gone in the summer if we lose another one of our better players then its just back to square one again. The club have turned down Barcelona I don't think Madrid will get away that easily with this one. Another drawn out transfer saga if there's any truth to the rumors.

• Subscriber

Liverpool will drag this out for at least another 3 transfer windows if Madrid make a serious pursuit and I doubt the player will be that arsed about leaving when he's only a few months at the club and his star is rising by the month.

However even Man Utd and Juventus can't hold onto star players when Real and Barca come knocking so it's inevitable that Liverpool won't be able to either. Another example of how rigid the pecking order is in football nowadays.

Archived