talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tips & Bets 365

football forum

Not that I'm particularly proud to be admitting it coming from such a small league, I'm having a little bet on today's only game to gain access to a live stream. I've got an X/2 on half-time and full-time at 3.8/1 with a £10 free bet which expires tomorrow night. Either way it needed using. It might give a nice return and I'll take a free £38 any day.

EDIT: I’ve changed my mind. I’m going to use it on the football tomorrow, at least I’ll know a little bit about it.

Edited by Deco

• 3 weeks later...

Had Borussia Dortmund at 1/2 on SkyBet. An implied probability of 67% which is probably not far off it’s true value, I think the extended break may have influenced the odds being that big. 

Also stumbled on Bet 365’s Bet Builder. I’ve seen people’s ridiculous ones that get shared on social media when a 3500/1 pulls off but I’d never thought of using it but looking at it, you can create some good value for yourself quite easily. 

Had one on the Borussia Dortmund v Schalke game of - 

Over 2 corners in the match for Dortmund, Over 0 corners in the match for Schalke, Over 0 cards in the match for Dortmund and Over 0 cards in the match for Schalke. 

Come out at 2/5, which wasn’t bad. I reckon you can get better odds with minimal tweaks. 

Missed betting though. 

• 2 weeks later...

I recommend no one uses Mansion Bet for sports betting period. I had a fourteen-fold acca on composed of small odds on the German games this weekend at 108.6/1 plus Shakhtar Donetsk to win. I staked £10 and when I decided enough was enough and attempted to cash-out for £340 just before the end of the second-to-last game it was rejected. For five minutes straight I tried to cash-out but it wouldn’t let me. I had a live stream of the game showing on my laptop so I knew there was no reason behind it.

Suddenly there’s a very late equaliser. Obviously annoyed, I keep trying to take it before I hit the stake. Rejected me all the way down to 8p cash-out before finally letting me have it. I spoke to a customer service agent and was met with the excuse of ‘the cash-out was rejected due to an incident in the match regarding a red card’. I’d been watching this as I said and knew it was rubbish. The red card was given just before the final kicks of the game and not the goal.

Lesson here is to not trust a bookie unless they genuinely show they care beforehand. Because if they truly cared for their customers this wouldn’t have happened.

The acca would’ve won without this fixture. It may be passed off as me feeling salty but that’s just not the case. I wanted to cash-out for a tasty profit and they refused it, probably so they didn’t have to pay out. Absolutely refutable.

Edited by Deco

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Deco said:

I recommend no one uses Mansion Bet for sports betting period. I had a fourteen-fold acca on composed of small odds on the German games this weekend at 108.6/1 plus Shakhtar Donetsk to win. I staked £10 and when I decided enough was enough and attempted to cash-out for £340 just before the end of the second-to-last game it was rejected. For five minutes straight I tried to cash-out but it wouldn’t let me. I had a live stream of the game showing on my laptop so I knew there was no reason behind it.

Suddenly there’s a very late equaliser. Obviously annoyed, I keep trying to take it before I hit the stake. Rejected me all the way down to 8p cash-out before finally letting me have it. I spoke to a customer service agent and was met with the excuse of ‘the cash-out was rejected due to an incident in the match regarding a red card’. I’d been watching this as I said and knew it was rubbish. The red card was given just before the final kicks of the game and not the goal.

Lesson here is to not trust a bookie unless they genuinely show they care beforehand. Because if they truly cared for their customers this wouldn’t have happened.

The acca would’ve won without this fixture. It may be passed off as me feeling salty but that’s just not the case. I wanted to cash-out for a tasty profit and they refused it, probably so they didn’t have to pay out. Absolutely refutable.

SkyBet used to do this as well.

Maybe all bookies do in some respect. 

Whenever I've raised it the excuse was 'technical issue'. They usually offered a free bet or returned stake as a good will gesture.

4 hours ago, Stan said:

SkyBet used to do this as well.

Maybe all bookies do in some respect. 

Whenever I've raised it the excuse was 'technical issue'. They usually offered a free bet or returned stake as a good will gesture.

There's definitely a trend. A guy I went to University with had deep pockets. He put fifty on an eight-fold acca at something like 178/1 with SkyBet about a month before the lockdown. He tried to take it for half-an-hour as the results were coming in and at one point he could've cashed-out for over £5,000. They rejected his cash-out right until the results turned in the last kicks of one of the games and then they let him cash-out for around £14. He wasn't happy and they cited 'technical issue' at him too.

For me that £340 would've given me a nice bit of cash to put away towards my Masters degree in September. Profit margins are evidently too low on the bookies' end.

Edited by Deco

• 3 weeks later...

I must ask if any of you have encountered this. What I presume must be phishing scams targeting my parents about ‘bookmaker debt’s. My parents don’t bet and never have done, I’m the only person who does in our house but I’m in zero debt whatsoever. Has anyone else encountered this?

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Deco said:

I must ask if any of you have encountered this. What I presume must be phishing scams targeting my parents about ‘bookmaker debt’s. My parents don’t bet and never have done, I’m the only person who does in our house but I’m in zero debt whatsoever. Has anyone else encountered this?

Someone tried a similar thing with my Dad a few years back where they said he owed them thousands of pounds but on further digging, it was nothing more than some scammer trying to get him to send across his details to presumably wipe out his account. I wouldn't worry about it buddy if you know you're not in debt and they don't bet etc.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Someone tried a similar thing with my Dad a few years back where they said he owed them thousands of pounds but on further digging, it was nothing more than some scammer trying to get him to send across his details to presumably wipe out his account. I wouldn't worry about it buddy if you know you're not in debt and they don't bet etc.

I’m more than aware of its nature, but trying to delve deeper now churns up a plethora of ‘fixed matches’ pages. The only money I owe is to the University. 😂

22 hours ago, Pyfish said:

It turns out that my mother was lying. I asked her if I could see these e-mails for peace of mind and she refused and then got angry. So I’ve asked my dad and he admitted it was the first he’d heard about it. I actually give up, it’s a shows a complete lack of class by making that up.

Edited by Deco

• 2 weeks later...

Recently a close friend of mine started placing ridiculous accumulators. He’s not going with gut feeling or a genuine approach. He went from backing sound games from the big leagues and European derbies to backing teams in the Vietnam Second Division and the Mongolian Premier League and asking me what I think of them. He’s got a four-fold on for later today featuring world giants like ‘Ham-Kam’ and ‘Paide Linnameeskond’. No, me neither.

He’s wasting £10 a day on these and when they’re at a nice cash-out (one in ten) he refuses to take it and then sulks when it loses. He told me over the phone that he’s going to be upping his stakes too. Does anyone else have any experience with this sort of thing?

Edited by Deco

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Tips & Bets 365