The better place to talk football.

Tips & Bets 365

football forum

• Administrator

Millwall evens at home to Barnsley. 

Reading evens at home to Rotherham. 

Cambridge evens at home to Bolton. 

Cheltenham evens at home to Mansfield. 

All in form sides hosting teams either bottom or towards the bottom of their leagues... 

Always said I’d do this and it’s taken till now to actually do it but I’m actually tracking my bets this season. I’ve also been really strict on myself as well and have a bit of a criteria to my betting:

1. Don’t bet if there’s nothing I like the look of. 
2. The ‘biggest’ bet I will do is a double. 
3. If there is only one game that I like the look of, bet on it as a single only. 

Granted, I’m not going to scoop hundreds, let alone thousands, that you see betting site’s social media accounts tweeting as a plea to mug punters, I’m going for the “little and often” approach. 

I’m 6/8 (75%) on my betting and the losses are only because I kind of broke my own rules and backed two games as singles and as a double and only one of the singles come in. 

That said, I’m not bothering with anything this evening. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Stan said:

SkyBet have boosted Kane to have 1+ shot on target vs West Brom. EVENS.

Ridiculously easy money, surely?!

Yep, easy money that. I snapped that one up.

My only regret was not going £20/30. I wouldn't have gone anymore though.

20201108_155203.thumb.jpg.1d46800cacf630938bc85a8a0068d94c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had a £4.03 double on Buckie Thistle (v Albion) and Linlithgow Rose (v Brechin) in the Scottish Cup. It should have returned £56.75 but I cashed out for £41 because Linlithgow had twice been behind and it was 3-2. 

I also dabble on the Betfair Exchange, primarily laying the draw or laying teams, so ended up about £12 up laying the draw at Dunfermline v Arbroath and Carlisle v Bolton. 

• Administrator

That Super Boost was easy money. Had the same for a fiver @Lucas

Had a successful request a bet for once on Skybet. 

Over 2.5 goals, Kane/Son/Bamford/Raphinha 1 shot on target each, 3 corners each team and 10 booking pts each team. 

I was very glad to see Phillips get a soft yellow right at the end of the game! Leeds games are always open so shots on target and corners are a decent shout. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

That Super Boost was easy money. Had the same for a fiver @Lucas

Had a successful request a bet for once on Skybet. 

Over 2.5 goals, Kane/Son/Bamford/Raphinha 1 shot on target each, 3 corners each team and 10 booking pts each team. 

I was very glad to see Phillips get a soft yellow right at the end of the game! Leeds games are always open so shots on target and corners are a decent shout. 

Yeah the shots on target market seems to be coming in quite regularly at the moment and as you say, with how open we are, it feels silly not to back it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've actually treated myself to a couple of bets on the Champions League games tonight. My friend's put it on for me at Betfair.

Kylian Mbappe to have two shots on target from outside the box at 40/1. Had £2.50 on it.

Had another £2.50 on Salah shots on target and an assist in either half. £3.50 at 500/1. I have no idea where the extra pound came from but I'll take it.

Edited by Robbie

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed there is a bookmakers thread and I had a quick look through parts of it so I'm not sure if it covered both football and horse racing. What's the most you've ever won either on one bet or over a period of time ? With Cheltenham Festival starting tomorrow there will be a few quid being punted. The most I've won over the four days was £300 & most I've lost was £200. Regarding football I normally have a set amount to start me off for the season and to use that. Most I've won over one full season was around £300 and most lost was the same.

26 minutes ago, Pugwash said:

I noticed there is a bookmakers thread and I had a quick look through parts of it so I'm not sure if it covered both football and horse racing. What's the most you've ever won either on one bet or over a period of time ? With Cheltenham Festival starting tomorrow there will be a few quid being punted. The most I've won over the four days was £300 & most I've lost was £200. Regarding football I normally have a set amount to start me off for the season and to use that. Most I've won over one full season was around £300 and most lost was the same.

Lifted a nice £500 with a correct score and goalscorer. 

No bad for a £3 bet.

• The title was changed to Tips & Bets 365