talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tips & Bets 365

football forum

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

was watching Toronto vs NYRB last night. After the first goal went in it was end to end and Justin Morrow was on a hat-trick. Was 11/1 for him to score his 3rd goal and he got it in stoppage time xD. Only had a quid on it but nice small win. Also had over 3.5 goals in the game before it started as there had been that outcome in Toronto's last 5 games and NYRB's last 3 I think. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

First bet in a looooong time for me, £20 on Burnley to win (vs. EVE) returns £110. Obviously I'm hoping that it doesn't come in but the odds were just too good to leave alone, stranger things have happened. 

hope it's a draw so you lose both times

Image result for evil laugh gif

9 hours ago, Cannabis said:

First bet in a looooong time for me, £20 on Burnley to win (vs. EVE) returns £110. Obviously I'm hoping that it doesn't come in but the odds were just too good to leave alone, stranger things have happened. 

Just as well you aren't playing Ultimate Soccer Manager. xD

Some of the betting odds for the South American qualifiers this week have great value

Bolivia at 4.00 to beat Brazil is free money

Venezuela at 5.50 to beat Uruguay is good value. Uruguay have struggled with Venezuela this century and I think the home side will go out with one more win in them

Peru at 12.00 when more people in South America sees us as favourites for that game is just hilarious odds. I'd say 4.00 or 5.00 would have been more accurate

Paraguay at 9.00 is also a bit abusive. I expect them to lose but they have been better away from home.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Yes, basically for me people need to exhibit some self control.

Easier said than done when it's an addiction. 

They're horrible and bookmakers prey on those people spending all their money on them. 

Bookmakers made 1.7 billion from them last year.  Staggering.

football forum
4 minutes ago, Dan said:

Explain what you mean by fixed odds machine, I'm always gambling but haven't actually been in a bookies in a good year or two.

gambling.jpg

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Easier said than done when it's an addiction. 

They're horrible and bookmakers prey on those people spending all their money on them. 

Bookmakers made 1.7 billion from them last year.  Staggering.

Disagree. Bookmakers are exploiting it but it isn't their responsibility to stop people from being stupid enough to spend hundreds or thousands of pounds on those machines.

Even if I could afford it I'd be ashamed to spend all that time on one of those machines all the time or gambling online. What a sad situation you have to let yourself get into for the desire to gamble to override everything else.

Not the bookmakers' fault when their job is to make money off people and always has been, hopefully the people in question get the help they need to rediscover their self control.

• Subscriber
Just now, Cannabis said:

gambling.jpg

Ah that's what I thought you meant.

I'm amazed people go on them. You're literally putting money into a machine that has the ability to dictate how much you lose.

football forum
2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Ah that's what I thought you meant.

I'm amazed people go on them. You're literally putting money into a machine that has the ability to dictate how much you lose.

But I saw Big Alan putting £50 in there half an hour ago, it's got to drop at some point! 

• Subscriber
On 31/10/2017 at 8:01 PM, RandoEFC said:

Disagree. Bookmakers are exploiting it but it isn't their responsibility to stop people from being stupid enough to spend hundreds or thousands of pounds on those machines.

Even if I could afford it I'd be ashamed to spend all that time on one of those machines all the time or gambling online. What a sad situation you have to let yourself get into for the desire to gamble to override everything else.

Not the bookmakers' fault when their job is to make money off people and always has been, hopefully the people in question get the help they need to rediscover their self control.

I'm not saying it's the bookmakers fault.  I've seen idiots put their wages into these and every time you go into a bookmakers all you see is a shit load of machines and people just hogging them, it's not what a bookies should be about.  Mehhh, i don't go in often anyway it's  just any time i do they're there in your face with the mongs sat on them. xD

Anyway... i'm going to have to a bet tomorrow. Anyone had any decent winners recently?

Edited by JOSHBRFC

Had a very good day betting wise today, although perhaps a tad unlucky.

Won only my second accumulator of the season by having Middlesbrough, Swindon, Roma, Man City and Everton. £2 on won me £51.40. It could have been more. I also had Lazio but the game was postponed. That would have been roughly another £16-17.

I also had 3 matches, BTTS. Man City came in, Roma came in and the one that let me down was St Etienne v Lyon, even though I had Lyon to win. Only they would score all five.

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Tips & Bets 365
  • The topic was pinned