talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga - Week 17 Fixtures - 20-23rd December 2017

football forum

• Administrator

Has Ronaldo had an extension on his adam's apple? looks massive xD 

anyway, he fluffed a good chance just then. Leads to Iniesta making a last ditch tackle and getting injured.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Inverted said:

He's had luck in the cup competitions but being so totally outclassed in the league by one of the worst Barca squads in years has to be the biggest indication of Zidane's managerial nous.

Game plan to man mark Messi with Kovacic cost them the first goal, which was brilliant play btw

Messi was excellent in that second half. His level of footballing intelligence is incredible.

Suarez, even though he looked quiet beforehand, scored yet another important goal and you can now see the best Suarez slowly returning.

Iniesta, Busquets and Sergi Roberto were all quality and you couldn't fault Pique and Vermaelen at all.

Also Ter Stegen made some vital saves. After a shaky start to his Barcelona career, he has become as safe a pair of hands you could want now.

After the first half, which was cagey and scrappy, I wasn't expecting a 3-0 performance in the second half. Valverde has done brilliantly well this season and shown how good he is tactically. Until recently I thought the team were playing alright, and were obviously winning games, but weren't playing to their best of abilities. This has been slowly changing recently and I think the best of this Barcelona is to come next year, especially with Dembele coming back, then Umtiti to come back after that. It's all about trying to keep away from injuries. The performances and football has been much better lately. Wasteful last week against Deportivo(although still 4-0, it should have been 10), but the players seem to be much more clinical in the games were it really matters.

27 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Also Ter Stegen made some vital saves. After a shaky start to his Barcelona career, he has become as safe a pair of hands you could want now.

I was just listening to a a Spanish radio station to see what they were saying and German and Barça legend Bernd Schuster said right now both De Gea and Ter Stegen are miles ahead of anyone else. He also added that he is superior to Neuer. 

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

I was just listening to a a Spanish radio station to see what they were saying and German and Barça legend Bernd Schuster said right now both De Gea and Ter Stegen are miles ahead of anyone else. He also added that he is superior to Neuer. 

I agree with him now. Neuer was the best in the world(and at his best has his name in the history books for me) but injuries have kept him out so he will need to work hard to get back to the top of the podium with Ter Stegen and de Gea now around and in the form they are in.

Vidal is a very handy squad player. In fact the squad in general are. Valverde is really getting the best from this group and they are now starting to play the football that Barcelona are known for. I personally believe that the team are just a Dembele type player away from being a side capable of dominating again.

Rakitic also did brilliantly well in the first goal and Pique had his best game of the season.

7 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

What was the final score? Didn't care to watch it

Just like you predicted, 3-1 to the home team with the best player of the last 20 years scoring a hattrick with his left foot, right foot and a header. They even received a guard of honour  :) 

22 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I agree with him now. Neuer was the best in the world(and at his best has his name in the history books for me) but injuries have kept him out so he will need to work hard to get back to the top of the podium with Ter Stegen and de Gea now around and in the form they are in.

Vidal is a very handy squad player. In fact the squad in general are. Valverde is really getting the best from this group and they are now starting to play the football that Barcelona are known for. I personally believe that the team are just a Dembele type player away from being a side capable of dominating again.

Rakitic also did brilliantly well in the first goal and Pique had his best game of the season.

Im just curious about your words about Dembele. What would have happened differently if he had played today instead of Paulinho (maybe). Im trying to see how having him in the team will make them the dominating team again, what would be bring to the team thats not already there so they can dominate? Its not like they havent dominated the league already this season so far. 

I havent seen Dembele much in Dortmund so I have no idea about him but Im assuming he is similar to Neymar with his dribbling skills? Personally I havent been a fan of Neymar ever, he was a good player but I always felt he used to kill the attacks by holding the ball too long and not passing it to his team mates at the right moment (something even Isco is being criticised for in Real recently). So I dont know what will Dembele bring to the team to make them one more step higher.

1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

De Gea

Oblak

Ter Stegen

I agree with you, probably for the first time, De Gea is the number one keeper for me too. He has been doing those crazy things since many years. Any other keeper who needs to be called the best has to out perform him consistently for atleast 5-6 years IMO

1 hour ago, Asura said:

Im just curious about your words about Dembele. What would have happened differently if he had played today instead of Paulinho (maybe). Im trying to see how having him in the team will make them the dominating team again, what would be bring to the team thats not already there so they can dominate? Its not like they havent dominated the league already this season so far. 

I havent seen Dembele much in Dortmund so I have no idea about him but Im assuming he is similar to Neymar with his dribbling skills? Personally I havent been a fan of Neymar ever, he was a good player but I always felt he used to kill the attacks by holding the ball too long and not passing it to his team mates at the right moment (something even Isco is being criticised for in Real recently). So I dont know what will Dembele bring to the team to make them one more step higher.

Dembélé brings pace and dribble. He is a pure winger and having him will be very important, especially against sides that will park the bus. In those kind of matches, a dribble can break an entire defensive system. Having him, gives Valverde more options and depth. 

On Neymar, I agree, I pointed that out to @SirBalon and to @The Rebel CRS. Neymar is talented as he is, slowed Barça build up and lost the ball too many times. He was more of a luxury than a necessity to Barça. 

As a team, Barcelona is better this season and in my opinion this is due the fact Valverde is a better coach than Luis Enrique. I´m also happy for Paulinho, he´s done really well today. 

1 hour ago, Asura said:

What I mean by dominating is having the capabilities of potentially winning everything again. The attack, until recent games, has certainly needed a lot of work. Dembele will bring pace, he'll create spaces for players such as Suarez, who I believe misses a player like Dembele, and this is what will be the difference in hammering teams and not just beating them. I wasn't necessarily speaking about today, but in general.

The team, with Dembele in it, can only get better for me.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived