talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Paul Clement Sacked By Swansea - Carlos Carvalhal Appointed

• Administrator

Swansea finally get rid of a manager who had lost their last 6 away games and had just been playing very poorly anyway. Lack of faith from the board in the transfer window?

Will they go for Pulis?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, Kitchen Sales said:

Tony Pulis 1/2

Tom Jones 3/1

Leon Britton 7/1

Ronald Koeman 10/1

Ryan Giggs 12/1

Michael O'Neill 12/1

Gary Neville 14/1

Shirley Bassey screams in at 25/1

• Subscriber

Giggs again for fucks sake. Sickens me that there will be some ex players out there getting their badges and picking up experience coaching wherever they can get a job while Giggs (who let's not forget is a shithouse as a human being) sits on his arse and just expects to get a job because he was good at playing football and says publicly that he wants one.

• Subscriber

I mean Christ I used to go to school and was a good student. I wish I could have got a teaching job by just telling the newspapers I'd quite like to be a teacher without making any effort to get qualifications and experience.

Story of Swansea's life the last two-three years. Manager comes in, manager goes. Manager comes in, manager goes.

I mentioned this in the match thread on Monday against Everton how sad it was to see Swansea fall so badly when they'd built such a great foundation playing beautiful football. I don't think there have been too many sides out there who come up from the Championship, soon win a League Cup, then Europe followed by two top 8 finishes in three years. Credit to Roberto Martinez for installing their beliefs and Brendan Rodgers for developing them. Laudrup also deserves praise for the short term job he did when Rodgers left.

They were going the right way and it all went tits up. Since Garry Monk was harshly relieved of his duties, they have had three managers who have failed to take the club further in Guidolin, Bradley and Clement. Now they look like perennial strugglers each year and it's just a question of when, not if, they drop in the future.

If they were going to take a punt, how about the Wolves manager Nuno? He's on to a good thing at Wolves at the mo and if he has any sense, he wouldn't leave them for Swansea. but from a Swansea perspective, he could be an ideal fit with the football he likes to play.

I'd even take Koeman as a Swansea fan. Anything but Pulis.

In fairness, he has a pro licence and was involved in coaching at United under LvG. 

It's what he's not done after this which is the problem. He'd easily get a championship job, just doesn't seem to be willing to go down that level.  

Paul Clement is a bit shit really. He seems to live off the fact that he used to work at some big clubs under Carlo Ancelotti but having gone it alone, he’s not really pulled up any trees that indicates he should be linked with jobs at Premier League or Championship level, but I’m sure he’ll become one of those names that appears for every job, listed at odds of 18/1. 

I don't rate him, sure he's a decent coach but he's done a poor job this season.

Hard to see them staying up no matter who takes over unless they're willing to overhaul their squad in January, their players just aren't good enough.

19 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I mean he was doing well at Derby before being on the losing end of what has been described as an unfair sacking. 

His stock shouldn't drop based on this, Swansea were gash before he took over.

That's sickness a cop out. People said that about Garry Monk and he's still in the Championship.

3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

...isn't that bad in a league like the Championship.

22 games in and the highest amount of draws from anyone in the play offs/automatics is 7. Then look at the team Derby have and the money they spend...

I think people get let off the hook for going to a club in disarray, they were the ones who chose the job. Who in their right mind would hire a manager who's key skills is decision making, who can't make the correct decision on which club to manage at. Not so much aimed at Clement but just in general.

I think he had a lot of fanfare because he was an Englishman working at the likes of Real and Bayern but he's proven so far he's probably a fairly average Championship manager.

Still unsure on his ability as manager, if he gets another job I think that will be a better indicator. His time abroad definitely enhanced the public opinion of him, would like to see how he fairs in another job.

Anyway local lad for me, grew up and spent a lot of his life in and around where I'm from, combine that with his links with Chelsea, wish him all the best.

• The title was changed to Paul Clement Sacked By Swansea - Frank De Boer In Talks

Archived