talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Paul Clement Sacked By Swansea - Carlos Carvalhal Appointed

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Pulis could work with Fer, Clucas, Mawson, Fabianski, Dyed etc and in January acquire players like Hal Robson-Kanu to get them enough points. He wouldn't last eighteen months though due to a backlash of footballing style. The whole thing about him supporting Cardiff City shouldn't matter given some of the other successes elsewhere.

De Boer would be brilliant just based on how critical some members were about replacing him so quickly with a hilarious old dinosaur like Hodgson. I'd love to see the pound gap at the end of the season.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think Pulis could work with Fer, Clucas, Mawson, Fabianski, Dyed etc and in January acquire players like Hal Robson-Kanu to get them enough points. He wouldn't last eighteen months though due to a backlash of footballing style. The whole thing about him supporting Cardiff City shouldn't matter given some of the other successes elsewhere.

De Boer would be brilliant just based on how critical some members were about replacing him so quickly with a hilarious old dinosaur like Hodgson. I'd love to see the pound gap at the end of the season.

I suspect De Boer would find it easier to implement his footballing philosophy at Swansea. They have a history of playing out from the back and retaining possession, Rodgers, Laudrup & Guidolin spring to mind. Used to hate it when Swansea rocked up at Loftus Road. They kept the ball for the majority of match. They’ll get relegated but if De Boer can get them back to playing good football, I don’t doubt they could bounce back quickly 

20 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Alright ill ask the real hard hitting questions the people want to know; What does this mean for one Renato Sanches.

Ive read by all accounts hes been largely shit but i still want to know :censored:

He cant get in the starting line up of the worst team in the Premier League. Maybe a new manager will play him?

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

He cant get in the starting line up of the worst team in the Premier League. Maybe a new manager will play him?

Well i have video evidence of him starting, but when this is the result i dont know if there is much hope. Clements reaction is the best part.

https://streamable.com/tb8xd

• Subscriber
48 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Alright ill ask the real hard hitting questions the people want to know; What does this mean for one Renato Sanches.

Ive read by all accounts hes been largely shit but i still want to know :censored:

Largely shit is generous. He was atrocious against us. I can't work out how he's been this bad.

It seems the “model club” lifespan has ended at Swansea, as it did at Charlton, before them. 

What a weird appointment. Granted, a good first year in Sheffield but is that enough to step up to a Premier League role? Swansea’s owners are fast becoming some of the biggest idiots around. 

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

So you get sacked for being poor this season, yet get appointed to a premiership club?

Very bizarre, though more interestingly is where does that leave Monk if the rumours were true?

I presume he was sacked at Sheffield Weds cos he may have talked to Swansea without Wednesday's permission. 

• Subscriber

Can't quite work this one out but maybe some managers are just better fitted to certain clubs and players - even when they're higher up than the last one that they may have struggled at. Look at Moyes for example who you'd have to say has done OK so far at West Ham.

It is a bit left field in terms of an appointment I agree, but you have to look at the overall job he did at Wednesday before condemning the bloke.

In his first two seasons, he took a bang average team (and I mean bang average, Wednesday were always gash) that had previously finished 18th, 16th and 13th in the Championship, and got them to a playoff final and playoff semi. Had they got a little bit of luck, they could so easily have been promoted.

This year hasn't gone to plan at all and in some ways, he's a victim of his own success, particularly as expectation levels have risen with the previous performance's on the pitch and the money injected into the team from the owners.

But overall, he hasn't actually done that bad a job. I wouldn't be doing cartwheel's as a Swansea fan for sure but I wouldn't write him off either.

He's gained experience in this country and it's a different kettle of fish managing a team in the Championship that have lesser quality players to perform what you ask from them as opposed to Premier League one's. He may just find something more out of the team that Clement didn't quite get before.

I think he might do well for a bit. 

All the complaints about championship managers not getting premier league jobs, well there you go. Swansea have picked someone who is a mixture of modern smarts and kick seven shades of shit out of the opponent :ph34r:

• 2 months later...

Archived