talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Paul Clement Sacked By Swansea - Carlos Carvalhal Appointed

• Administrator

think only Liverpool and City have got more points than them since he was appointed?

Part of me does wonder when the honeymoon period will be over though. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's clearly a good coach, Took Wednesday as far as he could with the squad he had there in my opinion, After 2 back to back play off defeats I think a season like the one Wednesday are having was expected. He's obviously gave those Swansea players a massive kick up the ass, Kept them very well organised and it's amazing what a few big results can do for team spirit. I would be shocked if they manage to get relegated now because everybody below them are utter shite.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Stan said:

think only Liverpool and City have got more points than them since he was appointed?

Part of me does wonder when the honeymoon period will be over though. 

Probably next season.

Did someone say "gone by Christmas"? :ph34r:

'Relegation is like fighting forest fire' - Carlos Carvalhal

"The first thing we had to do was put water on the fire because you have a big fire around you. When you do this you don't have time to do different things, plan nothing [for next season].

"We are still focused on trying to make the fire disappear. In this moment, it's much better - we've used a lot of water.

"It's like that when there's a fire in the forest. Sometimes the fire can appear again if you don't care about your position in the forest."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43329031

:rofl:

Archived