talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Pixar vs Dreamworks

football forum

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

You seem to have almost as broad a canvas as I do... It was such a long time ago that people wouldn't know what the hell I was talking about if I brought it up.. xD

Still got some of those magazines in the loft from my younger days of collecting... Corben's unique art style was fantastic and could never have been done justice in the film... John Candy's voice over as Den threw me as well, not what I was expecting... still good to know there are a few fans out there.. B|

We had random issues smuggled in from the West every once in a while, both English and French versions, as it was not exactly legal at the time xD The artwork blew me away completely; I have never seen anything like it before, one of the reasons why I fell in love with sci-fi as a kid... 

I need to rewatch it some day! The soundtrack :x

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we're talking about animated movies from other studios, I'm going to include Studio Ghibli's movies.

My top ten:

1st - Spirited Away

2nd - The Lion King

3rd - Your Name

4th - Wall-E/Finding Nemo

5th - Toy Story

6th - Beauty and the Beast

7th - My Neighbor Totoro

8th - Grave of the Fireflies

9th - How to Train your Dragon

10th - Ratatouille

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I've still not seen The Lion King.

Edit: That reaction from @nudge is all too familiar with me xD!

That's because I can still remember the hype once it was released, can't believe there are still people in similar age bracket that haven't seen it! :D 

On 12/21/2017 at 10:51 PM, Blue said:

Not sure how many people will participate here, but its a discussion that needs to be had.

Pixar Animation vs Dreamworks - who is better for you?

I'm gonna do a comparison which film I prefer.

A Bugs Life - Antz

Toy Story 2 - The Prince of Egypt

Monsters Inc - Shrek

Finding Nemo - Shrek 2

The Incredibles - Shark Tale

Cars - Madagascar

Ratatouille - Over the Hedge

Wall-e - Shrek the third

Up - Kung Fu Panda x 2

Toy Story 3 - How to Train your Dragon

Cars 2 - Kung Fu Panda 2

Monsters University - Madagascar 3

Dreamworks 7

Pixar 6

Would have been a tie for me but Kung Fu Panda gets 2 points for being my favourite animated movie of all time.

Why are you comparing finding Nemo to Shrek and then a sharks tale to the Incredibles? surely Sharks tale v Nemo (which Nemo wins) is the more logical comparison?

For me it's Pixar, Dreamworks are capable of a great film but Pixar are just so much more consistent.

Inside out, Brave, Up, over the hedge, Nemo, Toy Story, Kung Fu Panda would all be my favourites in recent years, my daughter loves Trolls and it's ok but Wall-E is in a league of it's own as the best so far from any animation company.

Illumination films have gone from Cack to semi acceptable, sing & secret life of pets are good, despicable me is shite.

21 hours ago, ASF said:

If we're talking about animated movies from other studios, I'm going to include Studio Ghibli's movies.

My top ten:

1st - Spirited Away

2nd - The Lion King

3rd - Your Name

4th - Wall-E/Finding Nemo

5th - Toy Story

6th - Beauty and the Beast

7th - My Neighbor Totoro

8th - Grave of the Fireflies

9th - How to Train your Dragon

10th - Ratatouille

Princess Mononoke is number one for me. Grave of the Fireflies, I've only seen that once and I plan to keep it that way, anyone that has watched that film will understand.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Princess Mononoke is number one for me. Grave of the Fireflies, I've only seen that once and I plan to keep it that way, anyone that has watched that film will understand.

Top, top movie and very powerful.

My favourites

1. Kung Fu Panda

2. Kung Fu Panda 3

3. Monsters Inc

4. Kung Fu Panda 2

5. Monsters University

6. Toy Story

7. The Lion King

8. Toy Story 3

9. Antz

10. Ice Age

5 hours ago, Spike said:

Heard about this movie in particular. and for that reason I don't think i can bring myself to  watch it. 

Archived