talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Apple Admit They Slow Down Older iPhones

football forum

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apple products are a pile of shit, if they are not blowing up they are fucking up jamming and being a pain in the arse!!  ...my kids all have ipads but i've upgraded them to Galaxy Android Tabs this Christmas because i'm sick of things going wrong with them  ..as for phones you are better off with Samsung

• Subscriber

You know that all this comes from a team of pretty incompetent engineers when you see this kind of news come out. Slowing down clock cycles to spare the battery? Who in this engineering age does shit like this and we all even know why they did it but thats still inexcusable. Their ecosystem imo is unmatched out there when it comes to phones and how they work with other services but their policy (which used to be good) on how phones operate and their lifespan has all gone down the hole ever since the iPhone 5s. Its the wild-wild-west at Apple right now in the mobile eco-space and its best to stay away from it for about two years till they stabilize. 

2 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Apple products are a pile of shit, if they are not blowing up they are fucking up jamming and being a pain in the arse!!  ...my kids all have ipads but i've upgraded them to Galaxy Android Tabs this Christmas because i'm sick of things going wrong with them  ..as for phones you are better off with Samsung

Only phones that are known to blow up are samsung devices.

android tablets are awful on personal experience. Ipads are head and shoulders above the comp right now.

47 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

Only phones that are known to blow up are samsung devices.

android tablets are awful on personal experience. Ipads are head and shoulders above the comp right now.

Disagree with all of that

Apple to investigate iPhone 7 that 'blew uphttps://mashable.com/2017/02/23/exploding-iphone-7-plus-video/#rCWDEHSn7qqm

Horrifying moment a man's iPhone EXPLODES in his hand  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4318066/iPhone-blows-Queensland-repair-store.html

Apple looking into reports iPhone 7 exploded while owner was asleep https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/02/24/apple-looking-reports-iphone-7-exploded-owner-asleep/

Apple investigating iPhone 7 that caught fire and blew up  https://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/02/24/apple-investigating-iphone-7-that-caught-fire-and-blew-up.html

Apple iPhones are 'now EXPLODING' - should you be worried? https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/719587/Apple-iPhone-Explode-Battery

iPhone explodes and catches fire in a student’s back pocket       https://bgr.com/2016/10/03/iphone-explosion-fire-6-plus-student-pocket/

Plus 1000's more cases, i could do this all day, chuck your iphone in the bin before it harms you and join the master race on Samsung Galaxy B|

2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Disagree with all of that

Apple to investigate iPhone 7 that 'blew uphttps://mashable.com/2017/02/23/exploding-iphone-7-plus-video/#rCWDEHSn7qqm

Horrifying moment a man's iPhone EXPLODES in his hand  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4318066/iPhone-blows-Queensland-repair-store.html

Apple looking into reports iPhone 7 exploded while owner was asleep https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/02/24/apple-looking-reports-iphone-7-exploded-owner-asleep/

Apple investigating iPhone 7 that caught fire and blew up  https://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/02/24/apple-investigating-iphone-7-that-caught-fire-and-blew-up.html

Apple iPhones are 'now EXPLODING' - should you be worried? https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/719587/Apple-iPhone-Explode-Battery

iPhone explodes and catches fire in a student’s back pocket       https://bgr.com/2016/10/03/iphone-explosion-fire-6-plus-student-pocket/

Plus 1000's more cases, i could do this all day, chuck your iphone in the bin before it harms you and join the master race on Samsung Galaxy B|

sure there can be cases of a few issues but there were no iphone recalls like with the note 7. Obviously samsung do great phones but nothing works in terms of with all devices like it does with apple products. It's why for stuff like that it's the best in the business. I wish android made more effort with tablets as currently they aren't good enough. Apps are awful and are just blownup verisons of the mobile apps. In terms of passwords and replying to different people on different devices apple is the best for that and until android has a messaging service as good as imessage it can never be my daily driver.

3 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

sure there can be cases of a few issues but there were no iphone recalls like with the note 7. Obviously samsung do great phones but nothing works in terms of with all devices like it does with apple products. It's why for stuff like that it's the best in the business. I wish android made more effort with tablets as currently they aren't good enough. Apps are awful and are just blownup verisons of the mobile apps. In terms of passwords and replying to different people on different devices apple is the best for that and until android has a messaging service as good as imessage it can never be my daily driver.

There has been thousands of iphones blowing up, alot more than the Samsung battery problem but credit to them for recalling them all instead of what Apple have done by letting customers keep dangerous phones, this thread title shows you what kind of company they are :cardY:

23 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

There has been thousands of iphones blowing up, alot more than the Samsung battery problem but credit to them for recalling them all instead of what Apple have done by letting customers keep dangerous phones, this thread title shows you what kind of company they are :cardY:

No there hasn't, if there was then there would be a recall.The amount that have blown up is a few not thousands at all. Thats a complete myth. It has got no media attention at all. If iphones were blowing up the media would be all up on them to call them out for it. In terms of older devices slowing down on iphones with software updates thats no surprise. There is only so much older devices can handle with new software. Android phones can slow down 3-6 months after use. It's one of my main issues with android devices. They simply slow down over time. Luckily samsung have done a better job of preventing this in the past year or so.

Just now, Happy Blue said:

Oh yes there has!   ...they are blowing up all over the shop and have got media attention like posted above, thousands of cases now, Apple is a bad company, bad products :thumbdown:

I post on macrumours and trust me if this were the case it would be all over on their forums but there hasn't. Anything can blow up but the cases are the amount you can count on your fingers not thousands. Thousands is what samsung went through which could of hurt them badly. Luckily they recovered. Samsung are the only company who have a rep of phones blowing up.

Apple are the most successful tech company in the world who sells millions and millions of devices all year round. So no they aren't a bad company. They sell devices that the public want. Even the £1,000 iphone is selling millions and millions due to people loving their devices. If people didn't they wouldn't buy them.

3 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

I post on macrumours and trust me if this were the case it would be all over on their forums but there hasn't. Anything can blow up but the cases are the amount you can count on your fingers not thousands. Thousands is what samsung went through which could of hurt them badly. Luckily they recovered. Samsung are the only company who have a rep of phones blowing up.

Apple are the most successful tech company in the world who sells millions and millions of devices all year round. So no they aren't a bad company. They sell devices that the public want. Even the £1,000 iphone is selling millions and millions due to people loving their devices. If people didn't they wouldn't buy them.

Do you think Apple are paying people to cover all this up? (not doing a good job btw)   ..they could be in league with ISIS developing the new iphone pocket bomb? o.O  ..you never here of Samsung phones setting on fire, you are getting mixed up, the Apple phone shop near my house burnt down yesterday, crap crap crap!  ..all my kids apple stuff is going in the bin, i couldn't sell it on with a clear conscience

• Administrator

I recall back in 2016 a Samsung model, the Galaxy Note 7 that was forbidden from being taken on flights because of the risk it posed to the aircraft. It’s remarkable they survived the fallout. The US are still drawing a hard line on it. 

the Federal Aviation Administration makes it clear that this change only affects the pre-boarding announcement about the Note 7, but not restrictions on the model itself. “The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 will still be banned on passenger aircraft as well as air cargo aircraft,” the statement reads.

I’m not remotely surprised by Apples admission. My partner worked for EE and it was well known. She says she’s surprised people aren’t aware of it purely because after two years there’s an update that deliberately fucks your battery life to edge customers towards the next model. Planned  obsolescence is something that occurs across all markets. Otherwise businesses would go bust.

As an Apple user I do find their products frustrating, but having switched briefly to Android, I find how poorly regulated the Android market is for apps and the damage it does to the firmware. There’s a real lack of quality alternatives in the mobile market. Apples walled garden is too restrictive and Android is too chaotic. It’s all a bit meh 

4 minutes ago, Batard said:

I recall back in 2016 a Samsung model, the Galaxy Note 7 that was forbidden from being taken on flights because of the risk it posed to the aircraft. It’s remarkable they survived the fallout. The US are still drawing a hard line on it. 

I’m not remotely surprised by Apples admission. My partner worked for EE and it was well known. She says she’s surprised people aren’t aware of it purely because after two years there’s an update that deliberately fucks your battery life to edge customers towards the next model. Planned  obsolescence is something that occurs across all markets. Otherwise businesses would go bust.

As an Apple user I do find their products frustrating, but having switched briefly to Android, I find how poorly regulated the Android market is for apps and the damage it does to the firmware. There’s a real lack of quality alternatives in the mobile market. Apples walled garden is too restrictive and Android is too chaotic. It’s all a bit meh 

That is debatable for Apple I think. Under their current model they have amassed $1bn in cash reserves. That is freakish for any company on the planet.

I'm sure they could still have a viable business and allow a few older folk, technophobe's and 2nd hand phone users to stick to a phone they're comfortable with a bit longer. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

That is debatable for Apple I think. Under their current model they have amassed $1bn in cash reserves. That is freakish for any company on the planet.

I'm sure they could still have a viable business and allow a few older folk, technophobe's and 2nd hand phone users to stick to a phone they're comfortable with a bit longer. 

They’re an incredibly protective company when it comes to their assets and capital. I’m not the least surprised by their drive towards infinite greed 

• Subscriber

The thing that annoys me most about Apple are those snob users who worship the company's products and its leader with an almost religious reverence. Other than that, your money, your choice. I personally see their products as extremely overpriced fashionable stuff, all presentation no substance with no user freedom whatsoever.

21 minutes ago, nudge said:

The thing that annoys me most about Apple are those snob users who worship the company's products and its leader with an almost religious reverence. Other than that, your money, your choice. I personally see their products as extremely overpriced fashionable stuff, all presentation no substance with no user freedom whatsoever.

All very good points, totally agree

5 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

I've just got one of those Huawei p10 64gb as I was due an upgrade and that was one of the phones offered.

It's a good phone to be honest. Does everything I need, has plenty of space, is quick and has a great quality screen. The camera is brilliant as well as is the sound quality on the mp3 player.

3 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I've just got one of those Huawei p10 64gb as I was due an upgrade and that was one of the phones offered.

It's a good phone to be honest. Does everything I need, has plenty of space, is quick and has a great quality screen. The camera is brilliant as well as is the sound quality on the mp3 player.

Looks a lot like my Galaxy to be fair, what kind of money are they going for?

Archived