• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Apple Admit They Slow Down Older iPhones

football forum

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Mine's on contract but I think they go for about £350 at the cheapest.

The thing still won't recognise my finger print when I've got gloves on though :ph34r:

xD  ..not a bad price, they all do the same things don't they,  you are just paying for the name with Samsung and Apple etc

6 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Do you think Apple are paying people to cover all this up? (not doing a good job btw)   ..they could be in league with ISIS developing the new iphone pocket bomb? o.O  ..you never here of Samsung phones setting on fire, you are getting mixed up, the Apple phone shop near my house burnt down yesterday, crap crap crap!  ..all my kids apple stuff is going in the bin, i couldn't sell it on with a clear conscience

:8_laughing: no wonder they say drugs are bad.

4 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Mine's on contract but I think they go for about £350 at the cheapest.

The thing still won't recognise my finger print when I've got gloves on though :ph34r:

android device?

resale value is always awful with android devices. Another reason why it's a bad investment compared to apple devices if people like to buy and sell regularly.

16 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

resale value is always awful with android devices. Another reason why it's a bad investment compared to apple devices if people like to buy and sell regularly.

I'd argue that phones aren't really investment properties and the resale value on most phones is pretty poor - yes Apples retain value better, but that's more a product of the whole "status" shite and the Apple branding. If you're buying a phone as an investment, I'm assuming you'd want one would stretch the price you paid for it the longest over time for the life of the phone with you owning it - and there I feel like the best value for money would be getting an Android and keeping it for a longer time because people really don't need to buy new phones just because companies are pushing new models out.

And I'm not surprised Apple's been doing this - I long suspected this when I was still on the Apple train. The iPhone is their biggest seller and they want people to be constantly upgrading, this is a good way to get people to buy new phones... by making their phones progressively shite over time. Printer companies do shite like this too (telling you that toner is low, when there's still plenty of fucking toner left) - but there seems to be more information/3rd party products to get around that sort of crap.

After switching to an Android phone, I've been much happier with my phone overall. They pretty much have all the same features, but with Android there's a fuckload more options to personalise the phone... AND with the Google Surveys you get free money that you can spunk on apps rather than use your actual money, which is pretty cool.

The only reason I'd want some sort of Apple phone/tablet again is for using something like Positive Grid's BIAS FX - because Android devices have much more latency problems if you want to use them with a guitar or shit like that.

1 hour ago, Pep Talk said:

Resale value? I will smash the screen somehow before that mate xD.

I work on building sites and while I will try and take my old phone to work with me, it won't be like that eventually as that is on its way out itself, so I'll be forced to use that.

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Like you have seen the light with football, oneday you will see the light with Apple, hopefully before you melt a nipple off or worse   ..i will pray for you at midnight mass

As a blue I can’t argue with you for long..just wouldn’t be right brother :8_laughing:

i could never leave Apple. It works too well with all my devices. Certainly work wise it’s needed to have my MacBook Pro and Mac at work 

58 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Resale value? I will smash the screen somehow before that mate xD.

I work on building sites and while I will try and take my old phone to work with me, it won't be like that eventually as that is on its way out itself, so I'll be forced to use that.

Don’t blame you...I would do the same if I were you.

5 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I've had this problem on multiple different versions. Now I've used a Samsung product i don't think I'd ever jump back to Apple again.

It's the natural road of progression, like you i started with Apple but when you upgrade to Samsung there is no going back!

52 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

It's the natural road of progression, like you i started with Apple but when you upgrade to Samsung there is no going back!

I dont want this to sound like a therapy session but it all started back in 2007 for me when my 2004 ipod stopped working correctly following an update because the tiny streamlined ipod mini in colour were taking over the market. When I eventually jumped to iPhone with an iPhone 4 I was prepared to have the same problem after two years and I did approximately one month after the massive iOS update in 2013. Then when I got an unexpected Apple TV for Christmas in 2013 I braced myself for the worst and it happened again 2016 when my product was outdated by more than a version.

Having a Samsung literally makes you feel years ahead in terms of quality. No bullshit 'new' features shoved down your throat. They're just there on the phone years before Apple start advertising it.

2 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Dunno about that, alot who do start with apple jump back within months. Good that you enjoy samsung though. They make great phones.

12 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I dont want this to sound like a therapy session but it all started back in 2007 for me when my 2004 ipod stopped working correctly following an update because the tiny streamlined ipod mini in colour were taking over the market. When I eventually jumped to iPhone with an iPhone 4 I was prepared to have the same problem after two years and I did approximately one month after the massive iOS update in 2013. Then when I got an unexpected Apple TV for Christmas in 2013 I braced myself for the worst and it happened again 2016 when my product was outdated by more than a version.

Having a Samsung literally makes you feel years ahead in terms of quality. No bullshit 'new' features shoved down your throat. They're just there on the phone years before Apple start advertising it.

Yeah, you just cant go wrong with Samsung

• Subscriber

I liked their apology and putting aside the 29USD replacement the thing about giving users the option to turn it on and off was far more important imo. I can't see how a company that prides itself on ease-of-use skipped this. 

9 hours ago, Cicero said:

Switching to android was one of the best choices of my life. No exaggeration. 

I am back in their eco-system and honestly I like it too. All our company services are on G-Suite so the setup was a breeze. Don't really play mobile games and most social media and news apps are all optimized for what they do.

13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I have three numbers (3 mobile phones in other words)...

An android phone (HTC), an iPhone and one of the normal small mobile phones (Nokia).

Nothing beats iOS no matter what anyone says.

Each to their own, mate, but the customisability of Android puts it way ahead for me. Not to mention the hardware in a lot of Android phones is streets ahead of the equivalent iPhone.

14 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Each to their own, mate, but the customisability of Android puts it way ahead for me. Not to mention the hardware in a lot of Android phones is streets ahead of the equivalent iPhone.

I completely understand and agree for all of those that want to fidget and mess around with the phone's guts... I haven't got time or the want to do that because I don't see the benefit and I just want ease and a rapid usage out of my smartphone which Apple's iPhone wins by a million light years. Plus it's seamless compatability with everything Apple (I've got a lot of Apple gadgets).  It just never goes wrong, at least for me. 

As for the hardware issue... For me there is no way anything is made better than Apple's hardware.  That's one of their fortes!

It all depends what you want out of your smartphone.  I've owned various Android phones too, even Happy Blue's girlfriend Samsung... The problem isn't just the hardware, it's Android by comparison. But for sure, if I'd never owned an iOS, then I'd not know that it was superior. 

Nothing is perfect and Apple aren't perfect by a long stretch. But they're the best at this, they invented it. They managed to maintain wonderful screen resolution for ages without changing to UHD, because they offer the highest available quality in what they do.

Nothing is perfect in the technology world, but for me there's no doubt that with Apple you're getting top end well thought out quality. 

• Subscriber

I wouldn't say Android is as terrible as it used to be, and it used to be pretty god-awful at one point. Having said that one company practically runs the internet with no interest whatsoever in hardware and the other has firmly entrenched itself in being the best at building the complete hardware package. Google's browser isn't all that great on its own but you couple it with all their services and it starts to outshine its Cupertino rival. A smarter notification system, auto-learning from my mails, notifications that matter without me having to ask the system to do them for me, the assistant and their unbeatable mail integration are where Android truly outshines iOS. As for apps and third-party integration, that's just a no-brainer, Apple is the king of that and no one is touching them anytime soon. It's not like this snafu is going to deter people from exchanging their iOS devices for Android ones either but it does raise questions about the quality of what they've been shoveling out the door for the last two years and from what I have seen its declined more than improved.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Having had an iPhone and now Samsung, whenever I see an iPhone I think it looks childish, I mean on screen :what:

Its a particular style of design and I too think it looks childish but there use to be a time where the lines and their curved intersects meant some of the best spatial design. Personally think that Android (stock with no frills not that garbage Samsung peddles) looks more cleaner than iOS.

6 hours ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Having had an iPhone and now Samsung, whenever I see an iPhone I think it looks childish, I mean on screen :what:

That's actually a very good depiction of the iPhone's interface to be honest and why it's so so successful. It's easy, does everything you need on a smartphone and rarely goes wrong.

Archived