talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 22nd-23rd December 2017

• Subscriber

That was a mental second half. Think we got hugely lucky to get a draw given the chances Man Utd missed but at the same time given the officiating bias we were up against we did very well. Reminded me of Stoke away last year, where ironically Amartey got the late equaliser in a 2-2 draw just before Christmas in a game where we were down to ten men.

Being down to ten men was Amartey's own fault for being such an idiot when on a yellow - the second week running we've had to deal with a player doing that. First yellow is ludicrous but then again it's Jon Moss so if he gets even the slightest sniff of a chance to give a yellow card then he'll take it as it increases the chance he can be involved in controversy late on. That's the sole reason he's in this league - to manufacture entertainment, because there's absolutely no way it's because of how good a referee he is. He's an absolute disgrace, totally out of his depth and shouldn't be close to this level. One of the most biased officiating displays I've seen in a long time.

Man Utd not killing that game is staggering, and ironic really as earlier in the thread they were singled out as an example of what Liverpool should do. Well I'm not sure you can say that about them anymore. Shocking defending for our first and borderline unprofessionalism letting us equalise. Any top side sees that out with relative ease.

The point about Mourinho earlier in the thread is absolutely spot on, that if he takes credit when Arsenal miss a thousand chances then he takes stick when his own do too. You can't have it both ways.

Or you can just be realistic and dish out credit where it's due and not where it isn't.

Our defending concerns me massively. We're so easy to score against and it's hard to pinpoint any one particular player - although at free kicks it's easy to, Schmeichel. 9 free kicks have been scored in the Premier League this season and 3 of them were past him. Every single time one is lined up you just know if it's on target it's in. His positioning is appalling. It isn't even that good a free kick really. Good dip but nowhere near the corner. You look at the space Mata has and there's just no way he can miss.

It's been quite a draining week for us and yesterday was heading the same way, with a lot of frustration built up, then the lot of unleashed with one Maguire finish. The ball in from Albrighton is absolutely world class. He makes it impossible to miss. 

Our first is also an excellent goal, a very nice move and absolutely top class play by Mahrez. I do feel this could be the window he leaves us unfortunately.

Watford away Boxing day. Got to be getting a win for me. They've lost 4 on the bounce and are missing a few.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
40 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Wasted too many easy opportunities. Easy game weak opponent, no reason whatsoever to drop points! 

Stan's old lady knows!! Rashford and Lingard

To be fair even she was cracking up at Lingard's miss as well xD

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
8 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Yeah, mourinho is to blame for the clear misses xD Either the refs fuck us up or the players don't show up, nothing to do with Mou! Not one single fucking game has man utd been dominated like juventus dominated Barcelona(twice) or how bayern dominates Dortmund! In Mourinho I trust! I was one of the few that wanted mourinho since the GOAT retired and my stance hasn't changed. The board and players need to get on Mourinho's level if we want to succeed. Mourinho will be around trust me! LCFC was gifted a point, happy Xmas.

The refs? Were you watching that game? xD

14 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Yeah, mourinho is to blame for the clear misses xD Either the refs fuck us up or the players don't show up, nothing to do with Mou! Not one single fucking game has man utd been dominated like juventus dominated Barcelona(twice) or how bayern dominates Dortmund! In Mourinho I trust! I was one of the few that wanted mourinho since the GOAT retired and my stance hasn't changed. The board and players need to get on Mourinho's level if we want to succeed. Mourinho will be around trust me! LCFC was gifted a point, happy Xmas.

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Cannabis said:

SoccerStreams.com was down over the weekend. Don't be like that mate.

I know he's a bit dim at times but trying to pin that one on the ref is astounding even by his standards.

Jon Moss should never be allowed to referee us again. I think it was Spurs a few years ago that complained about a particular ref and as a result I think he doesn't ref them anymore? We need that with Moss because there is no doubt in my mind he's got something against us. That's the third game he's been extraordinary bad where we were involved. There is absolutely no way on earth he officiated that game impartially. It was an embarrassment.

Man Utd got what they deserved in the end. Hilariously wasteful and borderline unprofessional in how they attempted to see the game out. A shambolic effort.

Archived