Mansfield Town vs Morecambe
Newport County vs Lincoln City
Notts County vs Cambridge United
Stevenage vs Chesterfield
Yeovil Town vs Exeter City

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good away win for us, love that we played the Friday night if we have to play on Tuesday.

We've a run of games coming up where realistically we should be winning the next 2/3, at home to Villa and Wednesday and then away to Wolves. We've already played Villa off the park this season and so just need to concentrate on beating them, Wednesday's form has been pretty naff recently and a bit similar to ours but again at home to them we should be winning.

We need to keep pace with the others. Your Cardiff's, Derby's, Bristol City's seem to be winning every week which increases the pressure on us to keep up as these are the clubs we're realistically competing with.

We have to be aiming for three points tomorrow at ER but local rivalry games have a habit of biting you in the arse. I can see Adkins and Hull being inspired coming to our patch. I just hope we maintain our confidence and get at them like we should be going into your home games.

The key to us winning will be the level of intensity we play at. If we really put Hull on the back foot and dictate the game from the start, perhaps nick an early goal and get the crowd rocking, we've got a very good chance. If Hull see it out for the first 30-45mins, it'll begin to whiff of the textbook classic away win.

• The topic was pinned
9 hours ago, Lucas said:

Rubbish from us today. Really annoyed at how we played. Hull deserved the three points. How they came away with nothing is beyond me and they should be kicking themselves. Very lucky Leeds.

Not sure we deserved to win but we certainly had the better of the play. Especially in the first half, but second half I thought we were dreadful despite having most of the ball. I’m encouraged by the way we played but also slightly anxious because you can easily go down by failing to convert games like these. To lose it in such a manner with fucking mcgregor kicking the ball to your striker compounds the disappointment. Lovely finish from Hernandez mind. I imagine this was one of Leeds’ poorer performances so to get the win could be a good sign if you’re fighting for promotion.

On 22/12/2017 at 9:13 PM, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Should be looking to win against Bolton, even with our injury list at the moment.

Speaking of Bolton, where's @StefBWFC these days?

Right, I'll try to actually stay active for a change. New year's resolution and all that. I think my problem is my general apathy towards football through Wanderers being a chore to watch. 

But then, I went on the weekend. Yes, the game was dire. The tactics were abysmal. It was humiliating going into a game thinking 'wow, a point against Cardiff at home would be amazing'.

But then, we got a break from Bamba playing basketball in his own area, and had a flurry of positivity, chances, dare I say it... excitement, for the rest of the game. 

Oh, and happy Christmas. Thank you Neil Warnock for the best present ever... Not being bottom of the fucking championship on Christmas Day.

Frustrating draw for us at Northampton, particularly as we had a penalty in the last 10 mins but missed it. Samuel travelled but wasn't included in the squad due to illness, Mulgrew pulled out in the warm up due to illness and Mowbray said half the squad was struggling with illness on the day but played on. We can't win every game it was just frustrating as it was a great opportunity to get another 3 points against a team at the bottom of the league. A win today with Wigan and Shrewsbury playing each other would be huge. A big day in our season.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived