Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Rugby League


football forum
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 3 weeks later...

As a part-time Rugby League watcher who defines their support of a team as 'Anyone but Wigan', I'm baffled by this season so far.

  • What has happened to Warrington, Phil?
  • And how on earth have perennial mid-table tosh Castleford started off by dicking everyone?

Please explain - although I've been half watching RL for a couple of years, I am still an absolute virgin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The NRL was unwatchable 7 or 8 years ago, but in the last 4 or 5 years it has got a bit better. This 'shoulder charge' safety shite is a bit fucking weak though. I am all for harsh suspensions for making shoulder to head contact, but to ban it all together is soft. Every player has access to head gear. If they choose not to use it because it fucks their hair up or hides a bit of their faggot neck tat thats their problem as far as I'm concerned.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Spike said:

Nothing fucks me off more than a private school boy and his condescension towards league.

Agreed.

Is there a regional divide in Australia, as well? 

In the UK, League is the egg-game of choice for nearly everyone north of an imaginary line drawn from the Mersey to the Humber. It appears that anyone south of this line assumes that the game is for feral beasts, because it doesn't involve 10 fat blokes jumping on top of each other.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Storts said:

League is awful though - just scripted nonsense. You have it, then we have it, you have it, then we have it. Much prefer a tactical battle. No surprise it's confined to such a small region of the country

what, like you kick it then we kick it ? :coffee:  ...then after a bit of that the 26stoners tea bag each other for 10 minutes before going back to the kicking! xD

Edited by Happy Blue
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do agree with Storts in a sense, thats what always drew me away from League was the you have it we have it nature of the game. I love great game of Union but most northern hemisphere games bore me. You can spend ten minutes watching a kick, line out, scrum and scrum some more before getting any action.

The flip side to Leagues 5 phase rule is that there's constant excitement, top quality Rugby being played and maybe not as much in Super League but the guys in the NRL are beasts, tall, muscular, strong athletes in peak physical condition.

Though I did find it difficult to enjoy League in the UK and if it wasn't for coming to Australia I'd probably still dislike it. As much as there is a snobbery from Union as it is a posh boys game really, I'd never come across many welcoming northerners when talking about Rugby, they just do the same as southerners and slag off the others code.

Edited by Danny
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A do love the tactical battle of you kick it, we kick, you kick, we kick, you kick, we kick. You have games won by teams that get nowhere near the opposition tryline because they just kick a goal from the halfway line. Absolutely pointless, and even the refs have no idea what's going on half the time. Do us a favour and take this shite to a union thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, StefBWFC said:

As a part-time Rugby League watcher who defines their support of a team as 'Anyone but Wigan', I'm baffled by this season so far.

  • What has happened to Warrington, Phil?
  • And how on earth have perennial mid-table tosh Castleford started off by dicking everyone?

Please explain - although I've been half watching RL for a couple of years, I am still an absolute virgin.

I have no fucking idea mate. It's embarrassing. Injuries in the few first games, but we're getting dicked in every aspect of our game. Coincidence that the chief exec changed and we've gone to shit? Seems as though the players have stopped caring. Lee Briers as first team coach probably wasn't the best of ideas either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

A do love the tactical battle of you kick it, we kick, you kick, we kick, you kick, we kick. You have games won by teams that get nowhere near the opposition tryline because they just kick a goal from the halfway line. Absolutely pointless, and even the refs have no idea what's going on half the time. Do us a favour and take this shite to a union thread.

xD:219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake: Superb.

Someone's in a bad mood today. Two absolute chomps. Bad night's sleep?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, StefBWFC said:

Agreed.

Is there a regional divide in Australia, as well? 

In the UK, League is the egg-game of choice for nearly everyone north of an imaginary line drawn from the Mersey to the Humber. It appears that anyone south of this line assumes that the game is for feral beasts, because it doesn't involve 10 fat blokes jumping on top of each other.

No, only cultural. League is played by public schools and Union by private schools. The major regional divide is NRL v AFL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Tanksie said:

The NRL was unwatchable 7 or 8 years ago, but in the last 4 or 5 years it has got a bit better. This 'shoulder charge' safety shite is a bit fucking weak though. I am all for harsh suspensions for making shoulder to head contact, but to ban it all together is soft. Every player has access to head gear. If they choose not to use it because it fucks their hair up or hides a bit of their faggot neck tat thats their problem as far as I'm concerned.

The culture of the NRL is faggotry beyond belief. It's a congregation of dickheads, but the AFL is a congregation of pooft dickheads (read that Cousins fuckwit just got jailed). I haven't kept too up to date with the rules but are the cunts still changing and banning shit once every few months?

Nate 'pot plant shitter' Miles

Todd 'drugs, urine and car crashes' Cairney

Mitchell 'fuck-a-dog' Pearce

Fucks sake, all those cunts played for Sydney.

Edited by Spike
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Spike said:

No, only cultural. League is played by public schools and Union by private schools. The major regional divide is NRL v AFL.

That's honestly fascinating (for me, at least).

Any idea why? Not that I expect it to be an easy answer - it is arguably a similar thing in the UK, but we can at least draw a pretty map around the League heartland. As far as the actual sports go, there is absolutely nothing to make either a 'rich' or 'poor' sport. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Spike said:

The culture of the NRL is faggotry beyond belief. It's a congregation of dickheads, but the AFL is a congregation of pooft dickheads (read that Cousins fuckwit just got jailed). I haven't kept too up to date with the rules but are the cunts still changing and banning shit once every few months?

Nate 'pot plant shitter' Miles

Todd 'drugs, urine and car crashes' Cairney

Mitchell 'fuck-a-dog' Pearce

Fucks sake, all those cunts played for Sydney.

I was drinking in a bar the other night and Mitchell Pearce walked past me, had no idea who he was until my mate mentioned the dog humping

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, StefBWFC said:

That's honestly fascinating (for me, at least).

Any idea why? Not that I expect it to be an easy answer - it is arguably a similar thing in the UK, but we can at least draw a pretty map around the League heartland. As far as the actual sports go, there is absolutely nothing to make either a 'rich' or 'poor' sport. 

There is a lot of condescension as well. 'League is a gentleman's sport played by thugs, and Union is a thug's sport played by gentlemen'. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Danny said:

I was drinking in a bar the other night and Mitchell Pearce walked past me, had no idea who he was until my mate mentioned the dog humping

 

I called Wendel Sailor the N word in highschool during a game of touch footy after he did a presentation. He was cheating.

 

In year 6 primary I got Brett Stewart to sign the bottom of my shoe, he was in for a signing day and when he asked why my shoe specifically I said it was to stomp his name into the ground. Fair play to him, he signed it.

 

I met Gasnier and Blacklock in school as well. Nice guys the pair of them

Edited by Tanksie
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What is it that makes Australians absolutely mental? Is it the coverage that the game gets because of the popularity so these blokes are under the microscope more than blokes over here?

Anyway, two wins from two and the garden is looking slightly rosier for Kieron "Rugby League is a game of chicken" Cunningham and Saints. I'm not convinced this is all Matty Smith's doing either but having a proper half in the side instead of Theo Fages, who's form is erratic at the best of times, and a kid in Danny Richardson, is always going to improve the side. 

Been over to Championship One (third division) London Skolars a few times this year, they're really doing well on (apart from the humping Toronto gave them) and off the pitch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to Rugby League
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...