talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rugby League

football forum

7 hours ago, Danny said:

Rabbitohs top of the NRL, pretty close top 8 so far.

@Spike you a Broncos fan?

Pretty casual. Growing up I liked the Roosters but I started watching the Broncos when I got older. It is funny despite being from Queensland, Brisbane felt as foreign as Sydney for the longest time. In general I like all Brisbane sports teams.

4 hours ago, Devon Von Devon said:

How do you win at this ?

Put more points on the board than the other team...if you've ever watched Rugby Union this is just faster, fitter and require more skill across the board.

• 4 weeks later...

Verdict on today @DeadLinesman

My 18th Final today and personally (I’ve only seen the game live and not seen replays) but thought it was a fairly evenly matched, but pretty poor game, in which Catalans did better with the ball than Warrington in attacking positions and probably just about edged.  

What’s up with Dec Patton? Is he a bellend off the pitch? I can’t work out why he barely gets a game when Roberts and Brown are equally as useful as chocolate teapots. 

12 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Verdict on today @DeadLinesman

My 18th Final today and personally (I’ve only seen the game live and not seen replays) but thought it was a fairly evenly matched, but pretty poor game, in which Catalans did better with the ball than Warrington in attacking positions and probably just about edged.  

What’s up with Dec Patton? Is he a bellend off the pitch? I can’t work out why he barely gets a game when Roberts and Brown are equally as useful as chocolate teapots. 

I’m on holiday mate so didn’t make the game. Watched it on TV though. Catalans used the ball better full stop and were fanatstic in defence. Warrington tend to be like United when they run out of ideas and it’s one out up the jumper Rugby. Charnley got nothing of the ball yesterday, feel sorry for the lad. Brown has now lost 3 CC finals and it shows. He was fucking awful yesterday and wilts under the pressure. Can’t wait to see the back of Roberts. Patton is like Solksjaer was. Great off the bench for impact, useless when starting and dictating the play. We need at least 4 new players to challenge and Hill needs the captaincy taking off him as well as the pressure has got to him. To much back chatting to refs and sly digs at the opposition.

Sam Moa should get a big suspension as well and if he doesn’t, the RFL is bent as fuck. He purposeful tried to twist BMM ankle and knee after the tackle yesterday when he’d been embarrassed and put on his arse. Absolute shithouse.

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched Toronto Wolfpack play Toulouse on my jollies. Great fun!

Positives: Full to the brim with pretty Canadian girls who have a thing about big men hitting each other, and then realising me and my mate are gigantic (I totally lied and said I play this sport at home to a chorus of oohs and aahs 😎). 

Negatives: I was probably in the top 5 percent most knowledgeable on RL in the stadium. The poor sods haven't got a clue!!

• Upvote 1

Sam Burgess under investigation after his social media account was used to flash a player's genitals (and another player flash their arse) to a female fan for who the actions were unsolicited. Could well fuck up Souths finals attempts and result in a Mitchell Pearce-esque ban for whoever is involved....

• 3 months later...

Anyone here going to watch the super league in 2019. About 3 weeks away. 

I'm quite excited I think my team Leeds Rhinos will have a much better season be interesting to see what new signings Lolahea Hurrell and Merrin bring to Leeds hopefully we will get less injuries to.

Wigan Saints and Warrington will be favourites hopefully Leeds will be a dark horse and into the mix. Castleford should be there or thereabouts to.i cannot wait for Leeds vs Castleford on March 28 I'll be there for my first home game in a couple of years. The magic weekend at Anfield to I cannot wait to go to that event. Anyone watch it who do you think will win it I'll go for Saints but I obviously hope Leeds win it. If we don't anyone but Wigan as I cannot stand them.

• The title was changed to Rugby League
On 14/01/2019 at 23:40, Danny said:

I’ll be watching whoever the Broncos play in Ealing. As long as it’s not sold out anyway, not sure how it’ll go with the stadium being so small

I hope I'm wrong and they do well but I fear the Broncos will go down. I just don't think they are good enough for super league I hope they prove me wrong though. The NRL is a joy to watch to.

5 hours ago, Kyletoonfan said:

I hope I'm wrong and they do well but I fear the Broncos will go down. I just don't think they are good enough for super league I hope they prove me wrong though. The NRL is a joy to watch to.

It’s an even bigger joy to watch live. Loved it.

I don’t know much about London, got quite a few local players and academy graduates apparently. No idea how that’ll work out

5 hours ago, Danny said:

It’s an even bigger joy to watch live. Loved it.

I don’t know much about London, got quite a few local players and academy graduates apparently. No idea how that’ll work out

I would be stunned if they never came bottom but I would be pleased for them the bigger the crowds they get in London the better it's a great sport and I hope 1 day it's played up and down the country you should go to the magic weekend In London there always great weekends  Leeds are playing London at the magic weekend.Castleford vs Saints and Wigan vs Warrington should be belters to.

On 14/01/2019 at 23:40, Danny said:

I’ll be watching whoever the Broncos play in Ealing. As long as it’s not sold out anyway, not sure how it’ll go with the stadium being so small

Their promotion has meant that they’re building, what I think is, a temporary stand, extending the capacity. I reckon games against the well supported sides (Leeds, Wigan, Warrington, Hull, St Helens) will be pretty busy as most haven’t played London for a few years and people will fancy it. 

Sadly, I think this is Warrington’s year. I can see Blake Austin dominating in Super League if he settles, he’s making the right noises so far but let’s see how he gets on in games. Jason Clark from the Rabbitohs is a hell of a signing too. 

Leeds will be improved and I fancy them for the cup. Tui Lolohea looks like he’ll standout in Super League and Konrad Hurrell should dominate the edges but he’s struggled with fitness in the past. 

Wigan are always there or thereabouts, sadly. They’ve not really recruited much this year, Zak Hardaker on his final chance in the sport is their key signing and if he shows the form he showed in 2017, they’ll be at the right end of the table come October. 

Really not sure about us (Saints). We’ve lost Ben Barba who lost form through injury, homesickness and the death of his grandmother at the back end of last year and have recruited three overseas players in Lachlan Coote, Kevin Naiqama and Joseph Paulo, so there’s a lot more depth than we’ve had before and we looked leggy and tired by August, so that’s an improvement but we seem to have a psychological breakdown come playing in a semi-final.

In other news, I’ve won a free season ticket for League One side London Skolars,  who’ve just been bought by the bloke that owns Toronto Wolfpack. 

2 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Their promotion has meant that they’re building, what I think is, a temporary stand, extending the capacity. I reckon games against the well supported sides (Leeds, Wigan, Warrington, Hull, St Helens) will be pretty busy as most haven’t played London for a few years and people will fancy it. 

Sadly, I think this is Warrington’s year. I can see Blake Austin dominating in Super League if he settles, he’s making the right noises so far but let’s see how he gets on in games. Jason Clark from the Rabbitohs is a hell of a signing too. 

Leeds will be improved and I fancy them for the cup. Tui Lolohea looks like he’ll standout in Super League and Konrad Hurrell should dominate the edges but he’s struggled with fitness in the past. 

Wigan are always there or thereabouts, sadly. They’ve not really recruited much this year, Zak Hardaker on his final chance in the sport is their key signing and if he shows the form he showed in 2017, they’ll be at the right end of the table come October. 

Really not sure about us (Saints). We’ve lost Ben Barba who lost form through injury, homesickness and the death of his grandmother at the back end of last year and have recruited three overseas players in Lachlan Coote, Kevin Naiqama and Joseph Paulo, so there’s a lot more depth than we’ve had before and we looked leggy and tired by August, so that’s an improvement but we seem to have a psychological breakdown come playing in a semi-final.

In other news, I’ve won a free season ticket for League One side London Skolars,  who’ve just been bought by the bloke that owns Toronto Wolfpack. 

As a feeder club to Toronto or looking to do something proper with them?

14 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

As much as it will kill everyone, Super League needs a Warrington/Castleford/Hull GF win. Wigan are simply an awful club and Saints/Leeds hold the monopoly with them. I know Saints/Wigan fans that would rather see each other win it other than Warrington. That’s just fucking bizarre, like it’s this little boys club that they don’t want anyone else joining. Hilarious to see Wigan talking about a salary cap with the Widdop signing. Conveniently forgetting that they actually broke it to save the shot storm of relegation. Absolutely fucking despise them.

19 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

As much as it will kill everyone, Super League needs a Warrington/Castleford/Hull GF win. Wigan are simply an awful club and Saints/Leeds hold the monopoly with them. I know Saints/Wigan fans that would rather see each other win it other than Warrington. That’s just fucking bizarre, like it’s this little boys club that they don’t want anyone else joining. Hilarious to see Wigan talking about a salary cap with the Widdop signing. Conveniently forgetting that they actually broke it to save the shot storm of relegation. Absolutely fucking despise them.

Genuinely think people despise Wigan as a club and Warrington’s fanbase. Throwing coins at the Grand Final the latest misdemeanour. 

11 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Genuinely think people despise Wigan as a club and Warrington’s fanbase. Throwing coins at the Grand Final the latest misdemeanour. 

Everyone has bellends. I’ve seen fighting at Wigan and Leeds in the stadium, St. Helens on the way home through Parr, and especially at Hull. Usually the ‘younger’ generation who can’t handle a shandy. Anyone who throws a coin need to be euthanised.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...