talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rugby League

football forum

6 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

Was always going to happen eventually.

Darius Boyd at fullback, Cameron Smith is 100, Nate Myles and Sam Thiaday are 100 and aren't even stars at their clubs, let alone origin.

What the hell happened to Cherry-Evans? His hype was unreal a few years back

6 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

You'll love this. He said he was going to Brisbane, then backflipped at the last second. So now Qld won't touch him.

Fucking selectors. That is what I expect from NSW

• The topic was pinned

Leeds 18-0 up early on. Only one clear winner based on this start. Rhinos have been beating them in strength and agility. A joy to watch.

1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

A Peruvian RL fan? Weird but cool. 

Remember that Featherstone are a League below Leeds and also a part-time side, so this will be a pretty large score line. 

I'm just getting into Rugby League mate. I know a bit about Rugby Union as I watch all the World Cups but little about league.

In college, they want me to get into other sports other than just football. My family has always been rugby fans (my father lived in South Africa some time) so that would be my second choice.

And yeah, I'm aware that Featherstone are a league below but I did not know that they are a part time side so that explains the ease of this.

3 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I'm just getting into Rugby League mate. I know a bit about Rugby Union as I watch all the World Cups but little about league.

In college, they want me to get into other sports other than just football. My family has always been rugby fans (my father lived in South Africa some time) so that would be my second choice.

And yeah, I'm aware that Featherstone are a league below but I did not know that they are a part time side so that explains the ease of this.

Ah, fair enough. I don't know what your level of understanding of the game is but I'd suggest watching the State of Origin games in Australia and the NRL (the elite level of Australian RL) too. 

We also have the first transatlantic team in sport involved with RL in the shape of Toronto Wolfpack, who play in our bottom division in the UK, League One, which is made up of sides from areas where the game isn't as developed as other areas, such as London, Gloucestershire, Coventry and Hemel Hempstead. Wolfpack are a pro outfit in that league, so it's no surprise they're ten from ten in that league. 

1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

Ah, fair enough. I don't know what your level of understanding of the game is but I'd suggest watching the State of Origin games in Australia and the NRL (the elite level of Australian RL) too. 

We also have the first transatlantic team in sport involved with RL in the shape of Toronto Wolfpack, who play in our bottom division in the UK, League One, which is made up of sides from areas where the game isn't as developed as other areas, such as London, Gloucestershire, Coventry and Hemel Hempstead. Wolfpack are a pro outfit in that league, so it's no surprise they're ten from ten in that league. 

I used to live in Toronto and I'm visiting my family in July so I may go to a few Wolfpack games when I'm there.

Yeah I am aware that the NRL are the best league in this but time zones make it a bit hard for me so I'm probably going to end up following more in the UK. 

Honestly I think I had one of the best days ever attending a sporting event when I went to Manly to watch the Sea Eagles. Day at the beach, a schooner on the beach, couple of beers and chips on the hill and a close game against Melbourne.

• The title was changed to Rugby League
  • The topic was unpinned