talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Halfway Point Team Of The Season

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

All the City players bar the keeper where De Gea gets the only slot available. Not that the City keeper has been bad, on the contrary. Just that David de Gea is the devil incarnate. 

Salah and Kane have been better than Jesus and Aguero for me.

1 hour ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Salah and Kane have been better than Jesus and Aguero for me.

They’ve been quality without a doubt, but to do what Man City are doing you need a team machine that fits every requirement and the most important part of a team is it’s engine room... The midfield! This is a particular situation we have this season... I have never seen anything like it in the English game. 

8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

They’ve been quality without a doubt, but to do what Man City are doing you need a team machine that fits every requirement and the most important part of a team is it’s engine room... The midfield! This is a particular situation we have this season... I have never seen anything like it in the English game. 

Alot of teams have rolled over though for City instead of giving them more of a game. But City have been a good team to watch, de Bruyne has really been key to what they do and Fernandinho is the silent hero who has made a big difference also this season. 

37 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Man City haven't won every game so they can't be that good, room for improvement :ph34r:

• Administrator

Salah and Sterling along with De Gea are the 3 definites for me. All outshining others in their positions. 

De Gea 

Walker - Otamendi - Stones - Delph

Fernandinho

Salah - de Bruyne - Sterling 

Kane - Aguero

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Inverted said:

De Gea

Walker-Azpilicueta-Otamendi-Danilo

De Bruyne-Fernandinho-Silva

Sterling-Salah-Sané

Decided not to pick Jesus or Aguero over Salah when they've been in and out and Salahs played non-stop, but tbh that's the toughest decision.

Danilo? Hasn't he only played a few times? 

Even if I wasn't choosing Delph there I'd pick Ashley Young. Considering its not his natural position he's slotted in well there for Utd and still gets up and down the pitch to assist or get on the scoresheet. 

9 minutes ago, Dan said:

I did nearly throw Ederson in mine too. Excellent keeper. But De Gea just pips it for me.

3 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Tbh I think in terms of overall impact it's possible that Ederson's contribution to overall play outweighs De Gea's edge in shot-stopping, but when in doubt I went for the non-City player. 

Yeah, Edersons distribution from the back has led to many good attacks and goals this season and he's also made some top saves point blank and from normal and long range  ..De Gea makes too many mistakes and doesnt command his box like Ederson also 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Danilo? Hasn't he only played a few times? 

Even if I wasn't choosing Delph there I'd pick Ashley Young. Considering its not his natural position he's slotted in well there for Utd and still gets up and down the pitch to assist or get on the scoresheet. 

True in hindsight I don't quite get why I didn't put Delph. Danilo has played across defence for City and generally they seemed to do quite well wherever he played, so it guess I thought it was worth fitting him in, but I think I overestimated how much he had played.

It seems to weird to think how long Delph's being playing left back now. 

So looking at the evidence the team has to be (and this would beat any team above)  ...Kane would mess the attack up and De Gea would weaken the defence

Ederson

Walker - Stones - Otamendi - Delph

De Bruyne - Fernandinho - Silva

Sterling - Aguero - Sane

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

He also makes more saves than Ederson. Which is what you want in a GK. 

The only reason for that is because he gets more shots at him playing for an average team   ...you need to look at the full picture, Ederson is the better all round keeper

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

The only reason for that is because he gets more shots at him playing for an average team   ...you need to look at the full picture, Ederson is the better all round keeper

What picture? DeGea is proven to be the best shot stopper in the game. United would be 5th hadn't in be for DeGea.

Ederson never had the luxury of having a shit defence in front of him...yet. So we can't say if he would or wouldn't make as many saves as DeGea. 

Archived