talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Antonio Conte Says Jose Mourinho is a 'Fake'

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Yeah mate, but fortunately he inherited a bunch of legends who had been messing around for a few years waiting for Guardiola to make it as a youth coach... He was also lucky to find so many legends in Barça’s ‘B’ and ‘C’ side.

A great coach, true great coach is one like Mou who gets unknowns without spending too much and then in a couple of seasons turning them into Champions and at times even winning the Champions League. 

When has he done that other than at Porto? Mourinho is one of the biggest spenders going.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Danny said:

When has he done that other than at Porto? Mourinho is one of the biggest spenders going.

In saying all that, Mourinho is actually doing a very good job at United. It’s only due to City’s incredible football that United aren’t able to live with that. Mourinho can’t reproduce situations such as what Guardiola is manufacturing. All top coaches spend money because they tend to be at top clubs and to ascertain domination you need excellence in a firm squad.

The problem with Mourinho is that he spends like others and reproduces what I personally consider to be rancid football coupled with rancid personal attitudes. 

11 minutes ago, Cicero said:

What was his spending at Inter? 

Pretty high but not by today's standards. He bought some right shite at Inter amongst some gold. Milito, Motta, Sneijder, Quaresma, Mancini, Muntari, amd of course Eto'o.

7 hours ago, Cicero said:

What was his spending at Inter? 

Well they sold Ibrahimovic for a shitload and then made a few on some others, according to transfermrkt they would have spent around £84m in his second season in charge and his first was nearly £60m, so over the course of two seasons back then that's being able to spend money.

11 hours ago, SirBalon said:

In saying all that, Mourinho is actually doing a very good job at United. It’s only due to City’s incredible football that United aren’t able to live with that. Mourinho can’t reproduce situations such as what Guardiola is manufacturing. All top coaches spend money because they tend to be at top clubs and to ascertain domination you need excellence in a firm squad.

The problem with Mourinho is that he spends like others and reproduces what I personally consider to be rancid football coupled with rancid personal attitudes. 

I completely agree, I was just pointing out that he spends money like any other manager. I think now time has passed and he's no longer the new kid on the block gatecrashing the rest with his park the bus style which back then was something quite novel for a "big" club to do, people have just grown a bit tired of it. Especially the moaning in the media about this player and that player, a physio, opposition managers etc...all the big managers have done it but your Alex Ferguson's and even Arsene Wenger backed it up on the pitch with good football at one point.

United would appreciate what they have this season so much more if they didn't play games against City and Liverpool with the mentality of let's not get beaten rather than let's try and win, but a club that big can't constantly park the bus like he does so I don't think it'll last much more than three years.

On 12/25/2017 at 10:47 AM, HK85 said:

He will always be second best to Pep. 

I literally had the exact same thought the other day. Every time they are managing in the same league, Pep always outdo's him. With the exception of 2012.

11 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Suppose Mourinho does leave in the next couple of years, what next for United? Poch?

Could be but for me that move wouldn’t be the best one for Pochettino. I say this for the simple reason that his relative success as a coach which is making teams play good football and be “relatively” successful has come from restraints that the size of the club provides.

He is totally untested with loads of money. 

At the same time that could be meaningless and he may take his chance and provide dominance.

One thing is for sure and that is that Man Utd would be a hell of a lot more entertaining to watch and there wouldn’t be all that thick stale smoke in press conferences with such a bad temper. 

Pochettino would probably be an obvious target for them, knows the league, works wonders with youngsters, could probably lure Harry Kane to Old Trafford. Whether he'd go though is a different story as he seems quite set on making long term success with a club who aren't very successful, i.e. Spurs.

After him I don't think there's anyone in England who stands out, I wouldn't be surprised to see Conte get recycled around at some point or see United chase after someone like Allegri.

They missed a trick with Guardiola though.

32 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Other than Peresic what other player did he want? 

I think he wanted Griezmann and there were stories of Mbappé and Neymar too although it could’ve been speculation. There’s no doubt he would’ve had plenty more top end players but that’s no stone to throw at him because all coaches want the best players.

The difference is that not all go on about it in the press.

All of this is more material proving he throws his players under the bus. It’s always always about someone or something else as to why he doesn’t succeed.  

Think he wanted Fabinho too. It's fair to say that Pep has less restrictions in the transfer market compared to Jose and Conte, but City aren't the reason we lost to Burnley and Palace, nor are they the reason United lost to us and Huddersfield and drew to Leicester. 

35 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Think he wanted Fabinho too. It's fair to say that Pep has less restrictions in the transfer market compared to Jose and Conte, but City aren't the reason we lost to Burnley and Palace, nor are they the reason United lost to us and Huddersfield and drew to Leicester. 

Mourinho’s will to win is admirable but the problem is that it manifests itself in such a public negative manner that it just creates a sense of wanting to vomit when you assume the inevitable will occur in a press conference or EVEN on the sidelines.

He’s NOT the greatest football mind to have directed a successful team. There are others and have been others before him and even though many of them had their character issues (who can forget some of Clough’s explosions for example to name someone that’s unfortunately not on the pantheon), Mourinho’s disgusting approach is sickening and the only ones that get drawn into it are many of those (not all mind you) that are fans of the team he coaches. Everyone wants to believe in the sinister when things aren’t going well, myself included, but there ARE levels.

Teams lose! Man City will very probably lose games and they may get knocked out of cup competitions... The answers are not ONLY in the transfer market and they’re definitely not in the creation of chaos. 

Football aficionados want to watch great football. 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Cicero said:

The way they didn't beat us to me proved they are short of being a top class side. There is absolutely no way on earth Man City would've let us back into it like that, yet despite only being a goal up they made stupid errors, failed to kill the game off and ultimately fell asleep when we throw our last roll of the dice.

Man City played it patiently here, got their first goal just before half time, their second just after, and just strolled through the rest of the game with relative ease. The first time in years we've lost at home and I've not been that angry. They are miles apart.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

The way they didn't beat us to me proved they are short of being a top class side. There is absolutely no way on earth Man City would've let us back into it like that, yet despite only being a goal up they made stupid errors, failed to kill the game off and ultimately fell asleep when we throw our last roll of the dice.

Man City played it patiently here, got their first goal just before half time, their second just after, and just strolled through the rest of the game with relative ease. The first time in years we've lost at home and I've not been that angry. They are miles apart.

We beat you there in September.  

• The title was changed to Antonio Conte Says Jose Mourinho is a 'Fake'

Archived