The better place to talk football.

Antonio Conte Says Jose Mourinho is a 'Fake'

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Apparently mourinho has blamed the bourd for a lack of spending :rofl:

Yeah... £300m apparently not enough...

Let’s repeat this a few more times so it sinks in because it ain’t just Man City! Oooh Ranieriiiiiii

O.oxD

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Back to Inter?

That could be although the ones with the money are AC Milan in that town. He needs cash because otherwise there’s that excuse lying in the background. Or maybe Juventus if Allegri wants to leave at some point. Juve are the dominant force there eternally excepting sparse eras, some longer, some shorter. 

29 minutes ago, True Blue said:

The real question is where is Teso? He was so active after United won the opening six games and was scoring for fun? Fully expect him to join the forum again but as a City supporter later this season

To be fair he does have some good points. Winning the champions league with Porto and inter was a great achievment. I don't think he's as good as he was through.

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

To be fair he does have some good points. Winning the champions league with Porto and inter was a great achievment. I don't think he's as good as he was through.

Been saying this for over a year now. 

The best of Jose Mourinho died in 2010. 

57 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Even though I don’t agree with them, here in Italy the majority of people when talking about Inter’s treble say that Mourinho was very fortunate. They come out with varying reasons for that. I personally believe he was with Porto but I don’t agree with Inter. 

Other than that he’s had his ups and downs. Winning the Premier League again with Chelsea was definitely an achievement.

34 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Even though I don’t agree with them, here in Italy the majority of people when talking about Inter’s treble say that Mourinho was very fortunate. They come out with varying reasons for that. I personally believe he was with Porto but I don’t agree with Inter. 

Other than that he’s had his ups and downs. Winning the Premier League again with Chelsea was definitely an achievement.

He's definitily a very good coach. But maybe not quite what he was

The only good thing about Man City running away with the league is Mourinho's meltdown coming a season early. Don't know how he expects his own players to actually respect him as their superior. Hoping the Man Utd players decide to stop playing for him like the Chelsea players did.

Openly criticising the board is never good and is a sure sign that the manager won’t be at that club for a long period. 

Mourinho has spent roughly £165m in two players and for that, he’s not got a lot. Pogba was dire in his first season and Lukaku has been hit and miss thus far, City’s spending, though still ridiculous, hasn’t been blown on two players. 

Luke Shaw (FB) costed more than Gabriel Jesus (FWD)... Not sure what is mourinho saying about how City's full backs being as pricey as strikers... Pretty sure city's full backs (collectively) costed less than what Lukaku costed Man Utd

Mourinho has obviously achieved a lot in football, I don't think anyone can deny that. But he invites the criticism he receives - he's got this holier than thou attitude, spends a lot of money, and then plays dour football. People are rightly going to criticise a manager calling himself the "Special One" that plays turgid shite with an incredibly expensive squad and then has ridiculous moans to the media. With how expensive his current side is, the fact he's saying he needs more investment is insane. It's not as though his side look the way his first Chelsea side did - a side that could play the ultra-defensive football, but then devastate you on the counter with players like Robben, Duff, and Drogba.

It's been said on here that Mourinho hasn't been the same since his time at Madrid and getting fucking spanked by that superb Barca side. I think there's some truth in that.

Pep being at Man City, and the season City are having doesn't make things look good for Mourinho's United. They're getting shown up by another incredibly expensive side, but one that in virtually the exact opposite that I'd expect from Mourinho. A manager with more professionalism and less childishness could probably point to the fact that: 1.) United aren't having too bad of a season, especially considering recent years, 2.) it's a big improvement over last year - and not worry too much about the pressure. But instead he's inviting pressure with his ego and petulance coupled with the money spent over the summer and his style of football.

I used to like him. I liked his cheeky swagger, his arrogance. He was one of the few managers I'd actually wait to hear speak after games or before. But he's lost the aura around him and turned into a petty, miserable old man.

That second stint at Chelsea was what finished him off. I feel like it drained him. The moment it started to go tits up, falling out with the female physio and all that palava, he's gone on a downward spiral fast and where there was probably a split in his favour previously, I think it's swung the other way these days and the majority couldn't give a monkey's fuck what comes out his mouth. Boring.

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Apparently mourinho has blamed the bourd for a lack of spending :rofl:

Absolutely staggering thing to come out with when they've just drawn against Burnley, whose entire side I'd guess costs less than most of the individuals Man Utd had out against them.

I genuinely think he's shot to bits. He's got limitations as a manager and his only answer to it is more spending.

If I was their board I'd let him see the season out then go all out for Pochettino - a manager on the up, an excellent coach and someone who gradually improves his side.

I genuinely thought he was a man close to breaking point towards the end of his second spell at Chelsea. I half expected him to be found naked in a hotel room with his shit smeared up the walls and him scrawling tactics into it with his finger. 

He’s lost something, most definitely. I think it’s too simple to blame Guardiola’s presence on that. 

I don't think he has the same enthusiasm as he did before. His us against the world tactic is hugely exhausting and if he really believes it i can understand why he seems so burnt out.

That said he's still a perfectly capable manager and the wheels are still well and truly on for this united campaign even if the title is out of reach... 

• The title was changed to Antonio Conte Says Jose Mourinho is a 'Fake'

Archived